23518 Lite ROM

Guest Shemmy

Ill flash it later tonight im in the kitchen myself pretty busy with it, I kinda want a rom that begins where I left off from the i910 so in rewriting all my cprs to match the new resolution! so it should be a fun few days for me!!!!

Just remember that the i920 does not use Titanium_NNNxNNN.cpr - It uses SPlugins_NNNxNNN.cpr

I'm looking forward to seeing what you have.

Just remember that the i920 does not use Titanium_NNNxNNN.cpr - It uses SPlugins_NNNxNNN.cpr

yeah just found that out back to the drawing board! but I did get a bootable rom just have to fix a bunch of stuff! pm your way!

I'm still unsure about that. My phone's windows default today layout has always been dictated by the titanium cpr. I don't know why it would be different from any other i920, but I'm on my second one and they've both been the same. I haven't ever touched SPlugins. Maybe I'm confused about how or why the SPlugins cpr info is used, but I don't thinnk so. Not to confuse the issue, just relaying my personal experience. Is SPlugins used for the WidgetPlus today perhaps?

Guest WoZZeR999

No, SPlugin's is a second set of CPR's. There should be a regkey that tells the OS to use SPlugins_ instead of Titanium. Someone where in the HKLM/System or HKLM/Software/Microsoft. I don't remember where off the top of my head.

No, SPlugin's is a second set of CPR's. There should be a regkey that tells the OS to use SPlugins_ instead of Titanium. Someone where in the HKLM/System or HKLM/Software/Microsoft. I don't remember where off the top of my head.

That reg file always defaults back to SPlugins, though.

That reg file always defaults back to SPlugins, though.

Again, not to confuse the issue, but no it doesn't. Mine does not, thus not always. My registry keys clearly say Titanium, I edit the titanium files to alter my layout. I'm not saying yours doesn't use SPlugins, again, just relaying my experience.

Guest WolfpackInCO

Well done - thanks!

So, if the Samsung dialer is cabbed into the ROM (I know, heresy, but maybe a short term fix), will the phone button work as usual?

Well done - thanks!

So, if the Samsung dialer is cabbed into the ROM (I know, heresy, but maybe a short term fix), will the phone button work as usual?

It should.

I've managed to trim a ROM file down to 160MB, and I think I can trim more. Any program which has a cab available is being removed, as are any image files I can get away with. Once I get it all trimmed up, I'll post two versions: one with Titanium for those who like Titanium, and one without for those who prefer other UI's. It's going to be a while though, so like I said earlier, any serious bugs, let me know and I'll check them out for future releases.

I've managed to trim a ROM file down to 160MB, and I think I can trim more. Any program which has a cab available is being removed, as are any image files I can get away with. Once I get it all trimmed up, I'll post two versions: one with Titanium for those who like Titanium, and one without for those who prefer other UI's. It's going to be a while though, so like I said earlier, any serious bugs, let me know and I'll check them out for future releases.

Can't wait. Thanks for putting in the time.

If it wasn't for people like Wozzer, BlazingWolf, bga, Yardi, etc, I wouldn't realise how great the Omnia line was. They showed how a ROM can really make the device shine, so it's thanks to them that I was so quick to volunteer to be wozzer's guinea pig.

Anyway, as a teaser, with a test of something a bit more streamlined, I'm running MS 3.5.3 with a Sense skin, and have ~65MB of free RAM :)

Guest paulchoy

Hey guys, first post on the site, been following it for a few years off and on with other phones. Seems like the i910 scene was a pretty big deal with the custom roms so i have a question for ya. How big of a difference is the 10-20 mb of RAM really gonna make regarding the performance of the phone? Is knocking off all of this vzw crapware (I use it just as little as it seems the rest of you do) really gonna improve the phones performance noticeably? I've only flashed a custom rom on one other phone (touch diamond so i could check out 6.5 before it was released and it was pretty buggy) so i guess i'm wondering whether the objective here is customization or performance? Again, I'm new... :)

Guest Omega Ra

it is a matter of both really. Having all that crap out gives you more room to put stuff you will actually use. Having more RAM at any time is a good thing, the more RAM the more stuff you can have going at the same time with out it bogging down. Plus this already has the better openGL driver cooked in so things like Mobile Shell carousel will work properly and you can play better games as well.

Omega Ra phrased it very well. Clearing out all the VZW and Samsung Apps that many of us don't use frees up space for other programs and allows each user more flexibility and freedom with how they want their phone set up. You can never have enough free RAM. I have 3GB in my laptop, and the one other OS I love to run besides Windows 7 is a derivative of Ubuntu called "Crunch-Bang Linux." Running that, I usually have 2.5GB of RAM free. If you like to multi-task, it's really helpful. With the i920, music and vide are a strong point. I like having plenty of RAM free for running media programs along with the web. Also, that free RAM will come in handy whenever you run Opera or Skyfire. I went ahead and cooked in OpenGL V1, which last I checked was the newest video driver for the Omnia II (the hardware in the phone is great, but the original drivers weren't - OpenGL resolves most of that issue). Besides, this ROM is based off WM 6.5.3, which has quite a few finger-friendly UI enhancements.

nervous.... Im flashing now.. gulp. this is the first time i have ever did anything like this. ahhhh

**first boot.. 230 main storage free... 85ram. yay .. now for some playing.

Thanks for the lite rom !!!!!

Edited by HOOLA

i dont know much about stuff like this and i love the lite rom indeed. But how do i turn off the phone? heh i use to hold down the end button and it gave me an option. Is there a way to create shortcut or map button?

Thanks again for this. Phone even seems to feel lighter in my hands hehe.

**i would like to cook office **word** back in.

i dont know much about stuff like this and i love the lite rom indeed. But how do i turn off the phone? heh i use to hold down the end button and it gave me an option. Is there a way to create shortcut or map button?

Thanks again for this. Phone even seems to feel lighter in my hands hehe.

**i would like to cook office **word** back in.

I haven't had any issues with the end call button not bringing up the shutdown option. Can anyone else who's flashed my ROM try this out to see if it's a problem? I need to know if I accidentally broke something during my trimming process - I'll check on it over the course of the day, also.

I suppose you could remove most of the Office programs from the SYS folder so that just Word was installed on the ROM. However, you could just download the Office 2010 cab from XDA or elsewhere and install it to "My Storage."

I haven't had any issues with the end call button not bringing up the shutdown option. Can anyone else who's flashed my ROM try this out to see if it's a problem? I need to know if I accidentally broke something during my trimming process - I'll check on it over the course of the day, also.

I suppose you could remove most of the Office programs from the SYS folder so that just Word was installed on the ROM. However, you could just download the Office 2010 cab from XDA or elsewhere and install it to "My Storage."

did a clear storage and hard reset the phone and the shutdown issue i had has gone away. it works now. I wander if it had to do with when i flashed the rom i checked to keep storage untouched in the loader program. I am really dumb when it comes to stuff like this heh. But i love your rom. I got word put back on too And how did i ever live without arcswitch? hehe Thanks!!!

Edited by HOOLA

Are the flashing guide and cabs for the i8000 good for the i920 too?

Do maybe need any update or additional infos?

i have a verizon i920 and used the quide. I did have to do the flashing on my xp machine. Im not to tech savy for much involvment.

did a clear storage and hard reset the phone and the shutdown issue i had has gone away. it works now. I wander if it had to do with when i flashed the rom i checked to keep storage untouched in the loader program. I am really dumb when it comes to stuff like this heh. But i love your rom. I got word put back on too And how did i ever live without arcswitch? hehe Thanks!!!

Thanks for the kind words! I really appreciate them.

Are the flashing guide and cabs for the i8000 good for the i920 too?

Do maybe need any update or additional infos?

The flashing guide for the i8000 using octans is the exact same, and all the cabs in the i8000 repo work on the i920. The only exception is the SMS-MMS cab.