23518 Lite ROM

Guest Shemmy

Guest tacchan23

I'm trying to fix my taskbar http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...ion-w-vga-only/ to work on CDMA omnia2

Could someone try to install the taskbar along the CDMA fix ( http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=46318 ) and also modify the followng registry?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\ResOver\Bitmaps]

"FuncDll"="CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll"

Also maybe check if you have this file: OverrideRssi.dll

Guest amdzero
I'm trying to fix my taskbar http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...ion-w-vga-only/ to work on CDMA omnia2

Could someone try to install the taskbar along the CDMA fix ( http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=46318 ) and also modify the followng registry?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\ResOver\Bitmaps]

"FuncDll"="CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll"

Also maybe check if you have this file: OverrideRssi.dll

Hey I checked my registry settings, and mine is mapped to OverrideIcon.dll

I changed it to CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll and copied it over to windows (this is one I had laying around from somewhere else)

It worked however, the EV and 1X icons are still very white. (not shown in the pic because I'm using activesync to capture photos)

post-463858-1264875004_thumb.png

Guest tacchan23
Hey I checked my registry settings, and mine is mapped to OverrideIcon.dll

I changed it to CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll and copied it over to windows (this is one I had laying around from somewhere else)

It worked however, the EV and 1X icons are still very white. (not shown in the pic because I'm using activesync to capture photos)

post-463858-1264875004_thumb.png

Noob question... what EV stand for?^^ in some taskbars I see they replaced it with 3g icon... is that right?

Guest Radioman96p71
Noob question... what EV stand for?^^ in some taskbars I see they replaced it with 3g icon... is that right?

EV stands for EVDO, which is a fancy way of saying 3G. I have tried your fix above, my EV and bluetooth logo is still white. I will do some digging also, see if i can find the files you need.

Edit:

Looked everywhere, no file named OverrideRSSI.dll

Trying to do some scouring thru the registry to find anything that might be it. What can i use to look inside the DLLs for images?

Edited by Radioman96p71

Guest amdzero
EV stands for EVDO, which is a fancy way of saying 3G. I have tried your fix above, my EV and bluetooth logo is still white. I will do some digging also, see if i can find the files you need.

Edit:

Looked everywhere, no file named OverrideRSSI.dll

Trying to do some scouring thru the registry to find anything that might be it. What can i use to look inside the DLLs for images?

http://www.techparaiso.com/members/mrmakk/...TaskbarTools.7z

Its called ResHacker.exe

Very helpful in extracting all resources

Guest tacchan23

Thanks, so I'll replace the EV icons with 3G icons like other people did for CDMA taskbars (lazy to make new icons^^)

Guest amdzero
Thanks, so I'll replace the EV icons with 3G icons like other people did for CDMA taskbars (lazy to make new icons^^)

I'm lazy too! I mixed matched my taskbar.

Shemmy, do you have any idea what's missing that's removed the rotation from the camera/photo viewer? I imagine it's just a file/setting or two that can be added back in.

Camera/Video not functional 100% =(

Nothing resolved

What is anyone supposed to solve in three minutes time?

Shemmy, do you have any idea what's missing that's removed the rotation from the camera/photo viewer? I imagine it's just a file/setting or two that can be added back in.

I haven't looked at it yet. I unplug for 25 hours between sundown Friday and sundown Saturday, so I've been away from my PC and phone. To be honest, I'm not sure what may have been moved, since I kept the rotation detection files in the ROM. I'm starting over from scratch this week anyway, so we'll see what comes up as I'm cooking a new version.

Guest teege51

Just complimenting the hard work done here so far. As with all new rom cooking, the perfecting process is tricky and the road pot-holes with glitches...... (perhaps the reason the i920 took so long testing)

It may be that the winmo update is available soon, there are many diverging reports of wm6.5 and wm7 update coming.

I also find it fascinating that a dual-boot Rom has been successfully created to allow wm and android....however most of the projected wm7 update would prove to be a superior os, (in my humble opinion).

ALSO:

Looks like "yardi4life" got the 28217 updated ROM dumped and working in kitchen... Since i have noticeable improvement with the updated ROM, i think i'll wait for that lite-rom version.

Shemmy,

Can you PM me with details about SWYPE? My CAB doesn't work, but I think it was for WQVGA.

Edit:

Google was my friend. Looks like I am OK.

Edited by Robtao

Any ideas why the alarm doesn't work? The slide to dismiss shows up but no sound comes up...

I still haven't had time to look into it. I never use any of the default tones, so I pulled the related folders out of the SYS files. That may have been why. It's also something I'm debating for rev 2 of my lite ROM - I generally prefer things as bare-bones as possible, and with the plethora of free and pay options out there, retaining the functionality of the WinMo/Samsung alarms is not the highest priority.

Guest jpenman
I still haven't had time to look into it. I never use any of the default tones, so I pulled the related folders out of the SYS files. That may have been why. It's also something I'm debating for rev 2 of my lite ROM - I generally prefer things as bare-bones as possible, and with the plethora of free and pay options out there, retaining the functionality of the WinMo/Samsung alarms is not the highest priority.

Well its up to you, it is your ROM. I dont use any of the tones either but i use the alarm every morning and like the look of the samsung one. but could you recommend another good one if your not gonna worry about it?

i meant another good alarm program...i like your rom very much but i do need an alarm but if you dont use the phone for alarm then thats cool dont worry about it.

I'll post a file a bit later today.

On a side note, I think I found out what happened to the last page or two of Swype - I had removed the input.ini file, which may be what controls the missing section.

If you don't find the finger-friendly changes to the WM 6.5.3 alarm, try this: http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-klaxon.html

Edited by Shemmy

I'm bumping this to say that I'll have a revised version of this ROM posted by Friday. I've corrected the problem with Swype lacking the edit keys and increased the pagepool from 20MB to 24MB. I have also cleaned out more files associated with removed programs and cleaned out pretty much all the programs other than the ones packaged with Windows Mobile and Touch Player. It's meant to be a bare-bones, DIY ROM, so if you're looking for something fleshed out, it's not going to be for you. On the other hand, if you want something to use as a platform for yoru own UI customizations (TF2D/3D, Titanium, Mobile Shell, etc) and don't mind installing programs for things such as file and media browsing, etc, I think you'll like it. I'm still fighting with the phone button, and I'd like to resolve that before Friday, but even if I don't, I plan on posting the update.

Running SPB Mobile Shell 3.5, the "Themes" don't work. Regardless of what color I pick, it defaults to the Classic Blue. Any suggestions?

Otherwise, it seems to be running lean and mean. Thank you!

Running SPB Mobile Shell 3.5, the "Themes" don't work. Regardless of what color I pick, it defaults to the Classic Blue. Any suggestions?

Otherwise, it seems to be running lean and mean. Thank you!

I've always used MS with a skin, so I'm not sure what may have caused that problem. It may be because I removed every theme except the classic blue from the ROM. Try installing a theme and let me know.

Also, how are ring tones working out for you? For some reason, mine seem to have conked out on me, but that may just be a problem with my mp3 files and not the ROM.