Status Led v0.4

Guest Igor Alpha

Guest Igor Alpha
Could this be made into a standby screensaver?.

Something about my phone showing a star field or random facts while sleeping (the phone that is) is just awesome ;) :D :(

Sure, fullscreen application can be easily transform to screensaver. But I don't sure such app have any practice sense, because screen off mode saves much more battery energy. Screensaver much more suitable for desktop PC, where energy saving not so important.

Guest Igor Alpha
Glad to hear about new version. I can't get it to work on JA5 rom with standard lockscreen (wm error).

Please, tell more about the error you get. What events occurs before error is raised? Error text also can be useful.

Is you lockscreen have default positions of elements, such slider position, time, etc?

I've flashed my O2 with JB1 rom and it worked for the first time after install. After second calling it wasn't. No errors, app is running, standard lockscreen cpr, so I don't know where's the problem. Is it possible to run app as a hidden process or something, because I'm using HTC task manager and it's easy to kill the app accidentally :D

Guest Igor Alpha
I've flashed my O2 with JB1 rom and it worked for the first time after install. After second calling it wasn't. No errors, app is running, standard lockscreen cpr, so I don't know where's the problem. Is it possible to run app as a hidden process or something, because I'm using HTC task manager and it's easy to kill the app accidentally :D

It sounds like between first and second call you changed or install something, that restrict normal work of StatusLed.

Current application logic use fullscreen form and TaskManage rtreat this form as window. Even if this window is hidden. I agree with you, it would be better if we can hide StatusLed from TaskManager.

Guest Igor Alpha
Works fine here. Anything new about your weekend work? :D

Yes, I completed about 80% my weekend plans. Now testing the result by myself on my device, because I can't share untested version :D

Tommorow, if I wouldn't find any bugs, I place new version here.

Guest kkimber
Yes, I completed about 80% my weekend plans. Now testing the result by myself on my device, because I can't share untested version :D

Tommorow, if I wouldn't find any bugs, I place new version here.

Very good news.

Guest Igor Alpha

Version 0.3 released. You can find .cab file in first post of this topic.

Changes in v0.3 (17 feb 2010)

• added: monitoring of sms and email missed messages.
  • added: support for wm6.5 and wm6.1 in single executable

Guest kkimber
Version 0.3 released. You can find .cab file in first post of this topic.

Changes in v0.3 (17 feb 2010)

• added: monitoring of sms and email missed messages.
  • added: support for wm6.5 and wm6.1 in single executable

Thanks!!

First of all: Thank you very much! :D

I've tested your programm.

Doesn't work that perfect for me:

When I had 1 missed call, the green icon showed up. Then I called again (-> 2 missed calls) and the icon dissappeared. After that I sent a sms. The yellow icon appeared and the green one too. But after some seconds both icons dissappeared again :D

Guest achugar

I unistall the aplication becouse it wasnt work for me. But now the default lock screen on wm 6.5 doesnt whow the icon for a nw sms or a miss call (when you have a new sms you can tap on the lock icon and a new icon shows bellow, this isnt working anymore since i unistall the statusled).

Some additional information to my previous post (#38):

I'm using JA5 ROM and SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.3 with MobileSense

When I have a unread message, the yellow icon shows up, but dissappears after about 1 minute. Same with missed calls.

Do you have any idea what's going wrong?!

Guest Igor Alpha
does anyone experience faster battery drain?

Battery usage have to be the same as normal idle usage when the device is powered on and backlight is off.

Today I can test battery usage and tell you percentage change hour by hour.

I unistall the aplication becouse it wasnt work for me. But now the default lock screen on wm 6.5 doesnt whow the icon for a nw sms or a miss call (when you have a new sms you can tap on the lock icon and a new icon shows bellow, this isnt working anymore since i unistall the statusled).

StatusLed do not change any registry settings or other settings of standard LockScreen. Try to soft reset you device.

I'm using JA5 ROM and SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.3 with MobileSense

When I have a unread message, the yellow icon shows up, but dissappears after about 1 minute. Same with missed calls.

Do you have any idea what's going wrong?!

I'm using JA5 ROM for my tests too, but without SPB MS. So, SPB MS can intercept missed events and StatusLed in result work incorrectly. If you have a time you can disable SPB MS for a moment and test StatusLed behavior. Or you can wait and I do it by myself after implementing integration with S2U2.

Would it be possible to make the screen not sensitive? If my phone is in my pocket it keeps going back to the unlock screen...

So the only button that should be use is the unlock/power button, then you get the default unlock screen.

Guest RintenFinten
Would it be possible to make the screen not sensitive? If my phone is in my pocket it keeps going back to the unlock screen...

So the only button that should be use is the unlock/power button, then you get the default unlock screen.

Same problem here.

Guest kkimber

I have 6.5.x original rom + original lock screen + spb mobile shell 3.5.3 and Im not use touchwiz and s2u2.

version 0.1 and 0.2 problem with seeing (foreground problem).

version 0.3 works perfectly, but don't remember installation complete then reboot the phone.

I'm using JA5 ROM for my tests too, but without SPB MS. So, SPB MS can intercept missed events and StatusLed in result work incorrectly. If you have a time you can disable SPB MS for a moment and test StatusLed behavior. Or you can wait and I do it by myself after implementing integration with S2U2.

I disabled SPB MS and tried again:

I had 1 missed call - no icon showed up.

I recieved 1 SMS - the green and the yellow icon showed up. But after about 30 seconds both dissappeard and didn't show up again.

And I wanted to unlock the screen. I pushed the button on the right side, the icons showed up again and the phone froze. Softreset necessary :/

Guest Rothariger
Battery usage have to be the same as normal idle usage when the device is powered on and backlight is off.

Today I can test battery usage and tell you percentage change hour by hour.

there is no need for doing these, i will test the program anyway.

another thing i was thinking is that this works with the pda suspended, but i was guessing wrong.. doesnt it?

Edited by Rothariger

Guest Igor Alpha

Your request need to be researched. I need to intercept hardware keys. Added this to the TODO list.

version 0.3 works perfectly, but don't remember installation complete then reboot the phone.

What does it mean? StatusLed doesn't start with windows?

I disabled SPB MS and tried again:

I had 1 missed call - no icon showed up.

I recieved 1 SMS - the green and the yellow icon showed up. But after about 30 seconds both dissappeard and didn't show up again.

And I wanted to unlock the screen. I pushed the button on the right side, the icons showed up again and the phone froze. Softreset necessary :/

Big thanks for this, you found a bug. Please, tell me your power settings, such as "turn off device time", "screen off time" etc. I would try to reproduce problem on my device.

there is no need for doing these, i will test the program anyway.

another thing i was thinking is that this works with the pda suspended, but i was guessing wrong.. doesnt it?

I suppose, there is no way to work with screen in suspended mode on current WM power model. Suspended state occurs after screenoff state.

Therefore, when screen is showing something we can't provide such energy saving as in suspend mode. However, AMOLED technology give us great power saving benefits when black background is used.

Big thanks for this, you found a bug. Please, tell me your power settings, such as "turn off device time", "screen off time" etc. I would try to reproduce problem on my device.

Backlight is turning off after 20s and the screen turns black after 1 minute.

Tell me if you need more information

Your request need to be researched. I need to intercept hardware keys. Added this to the TODO list.

It looks nice :D

Let me add another thing: it would be nice if you could intercept the lock/unlock button right from the beginning. I always, or almost always lock my phone manually. Once it has been locked manually, the only time I see the Satus Led, is if I turn it on and wait until my backlight time is reached (or if I receive a new SMS).

That will project could keep you busy :D

Thanks,

Eric

Edited by ecard