Status Led v0.4

Guest Igor Alpha

Guest yshaikh01
Hi, yshaikh01!

S2U2 is highly customizable LockScreen. Some S2U2 settings can prevent StatusLed normal work. For example, option "Lock when Backlight turns off" can force S2U2 to turn off screen before StatusLed become active.

Here is sample of my S2U2 power settings. You can try to set same options as me.

post-610200-1268207713_thumb.png

That's funny I have excatly the same settings in S2U2! Does the system settings have any impact?

Guest surenz

I can confirm that the application is working very well. Just to check the battery life. Seems like 10% went for an hour of sms received icon on the screen. But will make another test because I'm not sure for the initial level of charge <_<.

I'm using s2u2 without changing any parameters than my usual.

Guest Igor Alpha
That's funny I have excatly the same settings in S2U2! Does the system settings have any impact?

Sure, system settings have impact. Its screen off time and device off time, StatusLed get it from registry.

How many seconds missed icon is showing before your screen is turning off?

Guest master210165
Hi all,

v0.4 released.

Changes in v0.4 (8 march 2010)

• added: Settings app. Through Settings you can select lock type and control application state.
  • added: shortcut for Settings app in start menu.
  • added: support for S2U2.
  • added: support for custom lock screen. You can select lock screen .exe which would start/terminate from StatusLed. Perfectly work with WM 6.1 standard Samsung "Lockscreen.exe".
  • added: support for work without any lock screen.
  • fixed: work with short system screen off interval (< 1min).
  • now application settings appear automatically right after .cab install so you can select and apply desired settings. No soft-reset needed anymore.

Thanks for your nice work, Igor.

It works for me when in profile "normal" with sound. It doesn't work when using the profile "silent" or "vibration".

Do you know what could cause this behaviour?

Regards RW

Guest Igor Alpha
It works for me when in profile "normal" with sound. It doesn't work when using the profile "silent" or "vibration".

Do you know what could cause this behaviour?

It's realy very strange behavior, because there are no dependence between StatusLed and sound profile.

Probably, some other application change system settings when you set sound profile to silent?

Guest master210165
It's realy very strange behavior, because there are no dependence between StatusLed and sound profile.

Probably, some other application change system settings when you set sound profile to silent?

Hi Igor

Checked again and you are right it doesn't have something to do with the profiles.

The program works fine for missed calls - everytime. For sms and emails it works correct only when there was a missed call before. Otherwise statusled seems to hide in the background and the phone stays in standby mode (screen off). I`m on JA5 with SPB 3.5.3. Any idea?

Guest MTBzg

It's great program but i think that beter will be if the screan dont react for touch, becous in my pocket the phone is blinking all the time <_<

Great job!

Guest fabosek

Hi Igor I have a problem with your program. Missed calls, messages do not want to turn off the lighted display. I just turn off the top bar where the battery icon, signal, time, etc. .. And that strip, I show your icon. While I light the entire display with the theme and zámnkem. I'm not the only one who does not know how to solve the problem? I apologize for writing but I'm from the Czech Republic with Robin Yours

Guest fabosek

Hi Igor I tried your program again and found this. To me work just fine in the settings I have to go into the setting of the castle there, click the display and I put classical setting. When I do this so my program works well. And thus losing a lot of functions. When I give in this setting the default Windows-lock so I missed a call or sms the main screen is lit with a castle theme and will not be turned off. Know how to solve this problem thanks to Robin

Navrhnout lepší překlad

Guest Igor Alpha
The program works fine for missed calls - everytime. For sms and emails it works correct only when there was a missed call before. Otherwise statusled seems to hide in the background and the phone stays in standby mode (screen off). I`m on JA5 with SPB 3.5.3. Any idea?

I really don't know how StatusLed can work with SPB MS because never test it. I would test it later.

It's great program but i think that beter will be if the screan dont react for touch, becous in my pocket the phone is blinking all the time :)

I know ;) Such feature already requested...

Hi Igor I tried your program again and found this. To me work just fine in the settings I have to go into the setting of the castle there, click the display and I put classical setting. When I do this so my program works well. And thus losing a lot of functions. When I give in this setting the default Windows-lock so I missed a call or sms the main screen is lit with a castle theme and will not be turned off. Know how to solve this problem thanks to Robin

Navrhnout lepší překlad

Sorry, but I don't realized your problem. What kind of LockScreen do you use? What version of WM on your device?

Why not signal by sound?

If you have something missed, short signal will ring at some intervals, let's say 5 minutes.

If you hear such signal, then press lock button and lockscreen will show what have been missed.

there are only advantages of it:

1) you don't need to prevent phone from sleep -> save battery.

2) you don't need to look at phone. You will hear it doing other things.

3) you don't need to worry that screen can execute unwanted taps. So you can keep your phone on usual place.

am i missing something?

Guest fabosek

Hi Igor asked kaky you use a lock using sdandartní from windows 6.5 is a valve. And as I say missed call or sms me stays the lock screen and when I unlock the screen turns off and the icon of your program, I do not know why.

post-672176-1268829709_thumb.jpg

Guest fabosek

Hi Igor I sent you an image of the castle enjoyed. And how do I missed something to me after only a minute zkasne top bar where the status icons and other lit castle as the obrázků.A in the top bar for a minute that goes to show me where your icons here

Guest fabosek
Hi Igor I sent you an image of the castle enjoyed. And how do I missed something to me after only a minute zkasne top bar where the status icons and other lit castle as the obrázků.A in the top bar for a minute that goes to show me where your icons here

post-672176-1268830175_thumb.jpg

Guest Igor Alpha
Why not signal by sound?

If you have something missed, short signal will ring at some intervals, let's say 5 minutes.

If you hear such signal, then press lock button and lockscreen will show what have been missed.

there are only advantages of it:

2) you don't need to look at phone. You will hear it doing other things.

3) you don't need to worry that screen can execute unwanted taps. So you can keep your phone on usual place.

am i missing something?

Hi, sorg. Thank you for interest to my small app.

Your idea is alternative way to let know user about missed events.

It have some benefits depend of how and where you use the phone. Sometimes better to listen notification sound but sometimes better to look at screen. For example if you situated in heavy noise environment or, otherwise if you set silent profile on device.

Most likely, such application already implemented by somebody. Anyway, your idea is good and can be implemented in next versions.

I doubt in next statement:

If device would infinite wake up on small interval basis, it may cause battery drain. Every transition to unattended state and back consume power, isn't it?

Guest Algis
Dear Expert,

Would you please consider 3 "flash dot LEDs" on top of screen instead of "random displaying icons"?

These 3 dot LEDs can be such Red, Green & Blue on behalf of Unanswered-call, Unread-SMS & Unread-mail.

Just the suggestion from an O2 forum in China.

Thanks a lot.

Baker

Dear Igor, do You remember HTC Hermes? Hermes had 3 leds - blinking green to indicate "GSM ON", yellow - to indicate Wi-Fi on, and blue - to indicate BT On (and nothing on screen, if all are off). It is possible to form dots in standbay mode, to indicate these three status? I assume, that Your method is good to create that. Thank You for Your application. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mudy20012001

Dear Igor,

Great application you created !!! congrats

This app is also solving a part of issue of 3 ring delays before phone actually wakes up to inform caller information see the below links for the issue

http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...es-in-call-log/

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...y/#entry1165707

I am using ur app, whenever there is a missed call or sms and ur app is showing the icon..i never faced the ring delay..i assume ur app is not letting sleep the device hence the device is responding instantaneously to the incoming calls..

but if there is no missed call or sms icon showing via ur app(obviously only when i dont get missed call or sms hence no icon shows on the blank screen), ur app some how is not preventing device to go in sleep mode which again result in 3 sec ring delay...

can you please try some enhancement to this wonderful app to have an option which if checked, the app displays any small icon irrespective of the call or sms notification so that device doesnt go into sleep mode...this way your app would permanently solve the 3 sec delay..you can place a small icon to just indicate that app is active and running..

also, will this consume more battery if implemented..

Thanks,

Guest alivar56

sorry for my language

Great job!

I think that having 3 flash dot LEDs on top of screen, instead of random displaying icons, can be a great idea: they appears as three LEDs located on the top of the screen with a more pleasing look.

many thanks.

alivar56

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest szanka

on omnia2 app works only when the phone locks itself, then the idication icons are shown. When you press the lock button manually, it will not indicaye anything...

• 1 month later...
on omnia2 app works only when the phone locks itself, then the idication icons are shown. When you press the lock button manually, it will not indicaye anything...

Yes, i experienced the same problem.

By the way this one is a brilliant application.

If the problem described above could get solved, that'd be great.

One more thing: "Statusled.exe" have to appear in the running task's list. When i accidentally pressed "Kill all task" - there were no stausled'ing anymore (until restarting it again).

One idea: maybe the screen (or preferabily part of the screen) should do sort of flickering periodically (f.e. each 30 secs) for 1 sec - maybe that'd be more recognizable.

Anyway, thank you for the developer's hard work till now!

Edited by c p

• 2 months later...
Guest jbarrick

I like the icons rather than have flashing lights, but I wish I could make the icons a bit bigger to see them better. But I also like the idea of being able to add a sound notifier.