Omnia 2 AMDZero 23569 Rom Base/Lite

Guest amdzero

Guest ED2O9

The reason I ask about it is that it's uneditably (is that a word?) linked to "press and hold" on my phone button. If I need to call someone who's not on my favorites contact list, I can just hold the call button on my bluetooth headphones and use a voice command. It's pretty convenient when I'm driving. I will say that it's less accurate than the standard Voice Command software, but I really haven't spent any time "training" it.

Guest amdzero
Thanks AMDzero.

I'm trying to install this lockscreen on your regular rom. I downloaded the cab you put up there, but it seems to be fighting with the samsung lockscreen sometimes. And- I found the ls_lock.. files you referred to in the regular rom. Is it the same as the one in lite? If so, ho do I configure so smartlock uses it?

I would just change to the lite rom, but I like some things as you have it in the regular version.

if you want to use the standard windows 6.5 lockscreen you need to go to samsung settings->Display Settings->Lock Screen->"Lock when display times out" uncheck.

I don't think it is the same as the Lite version but it will work with smartlock still.

Guest WinJo69
almost forgot about the classic blue question...

In my cooked rom I don't modify the classic blue.tsk file just the bitmaps that it points to. Also I change some settings on first boot so that more icons will appear under the start button, and change the background stuff like that. So...

If you do change the "theme" on my custom rom you won't be able to go back to it unless you hard reset. I'm still working on a .tsk file that mimics the initial boot so this won't be a problem anymore. I just need to do some research on it as I don't like using classic blue since it really isn't "classic blue".

If you are confused by this just remember don't change the theme, unless you don't ever want to use it again (for now).

AMDZero - Thanks again for your time and efforts. It's now got everything I want and nothing that I don't. (Very happy with it)

Setup the Smart Lock - so final piece of the puzzle is complete. Also got my 'Today' looking just like I want. Tweaking the Start Menu - (I like to consoladate things into folders based on uses, Tools, Media, Communication, etc.)

I've also discovered so many wonderful postings of .cab files, omarket, etc. to get anything special.

Now, on to figuring out best way to backup and restore this thing once the 'latest and greatest' build is released. I recall seeing threads that Samsung will be putting out a new release, and there always seems to be a leaked newer Build too!! Also -I will switch to the G.A. verison whenever you post it.

Happy cooking!

Guest fr@p
Can this be flashed on Omnia II I8000??????

yeah. i was a victim of this... i flashed this rom to my O2 i8000 without reading first...

it "worked" but the battery wasnt charging. it said that the battery is not supported and asked me to consult the manual..

no choice, i had to go back to my previous rom.

too bad, it would have been a nice rom for me.. has everything i need for my phone...

so if ur wondering if it'll work with i8000, it wont. :P

Guest jpenman
I think I'll put it in, but won't put a short cut nor remap the clock to it. That way it appears to not even be there, but if someone wants it (like me) they can add it to the start menu.

Also about the lockscreen, if you are asking for the system to autolock when the screen is shut off, I had smartlock cooked in but you couldn't disable, nor erase it, so I took it out.

Its does exactly what you want to do, lock the screen when in your pocket.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505032

see attached.

oh and the remind-01 is fixed on my next release. It is not a samsung file, but an older WinMo 6.5 file and since I use 6.5.5 it isn't in there. So I just copied over the .wav file and now it will work on the next release. If I could find the link, I'd just change it to something else but after a few hours of looking this is a faster/better fix.

sounds good to me....

i dont use the smartlock so taking it out would be cool for me...id rather use s2u2 cuz it displays a preview of the message and you can dismiss right from there if you want.

do you think there is any way to get rid of the prompt for when you shut off your phone? like when you hold the end key it pops up asking yes or no for shutting off the device....yardi's Rom had it so when you held the end key it turned right off and i really liked that

Edited by jpenman

Guest cergaster

@AMDZero

Hi, This is my 1st attempt at flashing. When i read the how to's it seems pretty simple bUT, I still need a little help flashing your beta3 lite rom. i use octans 2.14

select pda and your .nbo file, tick off the check boxes, click "detect" and hookup my turned off phone. after about 20 secs i get the following error

[setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#Vid_04e8&Pid_6619#5&16852d5&0&3#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:2

Any help would be appreciated

Guest kdkinc
@AMDZero

Hi, This is my 1st attempt at flashing. When i read the how to's it seems pretty simple bUT, I still need a little help flashing your beta3 lite rom. i use octans 2.14

select pda and your .nbo file, tick off the check boxes, click "detect" and hookup my turned off phone. after about 20 secs i get the following error

[setup] Windows XP

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#Vid_04e8&Pid_6619#5&16852d5&0&3#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

Did you extract the Nbo file from the zip using something like 7zip . extract it to a file name that 7zip creates Then have octans grab that file in the PDA mode.

:P :D

Guest amdzero
@AMDZero

[setup] Windows XP

Go into the device manager and look at the Samsung MIT driver. Get the driver info and post it back here. Just checking that you DID install the OCTANS driver for your O2 right? Don't assume the driver that came with samsung will work with OCTANS, because it won't.

Do you get a usb sound when you connect the phone?

Make sure the phone is powered OFF before you connect it to the PC. Also try a new USB port (NO USB HUB).

Guest cergaster
Go into the device manager and look at the Samsung MIT driver. Get the driver info and post it back here. Just checking that you DID install the OCTANS driver for your O2 right? Don't assume the driver that came with samsung will work with OCTANS, because it won't.

Do you get a usb sound when you connect the phone?

Make sure the phone is powered OFF before you connect it to the PC. Also try a new USB port (NO USB HUB).

I got it AMDZero

After installing mit driver and several tries (and fails) with Octans, i did a restart to windows (PC) after that everything went fine. maybe it should be added to the how to flash guide as a step to follow

Thanks

Guest amdzero
I got it AMDZero

After installing mit driver and several tries (and fails) with Octans, i did a restart to windows (PC) after that everything went fine. maybe it should be added to the how to flash guide as a step to follow

Thanks

Good to note. Yeah I flash using Windows 7 and sometimes I have to reset my phone while connected to usb a few times before it is recognized correctly.

Guest phillykpax

Like this rom so far one issue that I found:

-I have a zune pass and use Windows Media Player on my PC to sync with my O2

-The files sync ok using this ROM (with some other custom roms file sync of WMA-DRM files does not work)

-However when Windows Media Player mobile plays a WMA-DRM song it just exits without giving an error message, non WMDRM files such as MP3 work fine though

Everything with respect to WMA-DRM Songs playing in Windows Media Player Mobile was working ok using your V3 rom

My guess is something that you removed going from V3 to lite must be needed to play these files.

If there is anyway to fix this issue I would appreciate it.

Guest amdzero
Like this rom so far one issue that I found:

-I have a zune pass and use Windows Media Player on my PC to sync with my O2

-The files sync ok using this ROM (with some other custom roms file sync of WMA-DRM files does not work)

-However when Windows Media Player mobile plays a WMA-DRM song it just exits without giving an error message, non WMDRM files such as MP3 work fine though

Everything with respect to WMA-DRM Songs playing in Windows Media Player Mobile was working ok using your V3 rom

My guess is something that you removed going from V3 to lite must be needed to play these files.

If there is anyway to fix this issue I would appreciate it.

I'm not too familliar with DRM, can you send me a file and I can test it? Or is it locked to a certain device/os? Or just tell me how to get my own DRM (without paying anything) and I'll troubleshoot it.

Guest RoyalDrew

In your 23568 Lite rom is there any way to use the WM or Samsung Lock screens?

I've seen this issue discussed before but was unsure of what rom was being discussed.

I never had the smartlock work exactly how i wanted it to even after messing with several of the settings. I may try it out again tho since there is a cab.

In your previous lite rom i used S2U2 but was having problems when answering calls.(after hitting the answer button it would still vibrate for around 5 seconds before answering)

I may need to just change some settings in S2U2 but i liked the WM and samsung screens just fine and was wondering if there was a way to get that back.

Edited by RoyalDrew

Guest amdzero
In your 23568 Lite rom is there any way to use the WM or Samsung Lock screens?

I've seen this issue discussed before but was unsure of what rom was being discussed.

In your previous lite rom i used S2U2 but was having problems when answering calls.

I may need to just change some settings in S2U2 but i liked the WM and samsung screens just fine and was wondering if there was a way to get that back.

samsung lock? nope I removed it. The default WinMo 6.5 lockscreen is enabled and you can get to it by clicking on the little lock icon at the bottom of the screen in the start menu. You can install Smartlock if you want S2U2 ish locking. It can lock on wake up/ring etc.

Guest RoyalDrew
samsung lock? nope I removed it. The default WinMo 6.5 lockscreen is enabled and you can get to it by clicking on the little lock icon at the bottom of the screen in the start menu. You can install Smartlock if you want S2U2 ish locking. It can lock on wake up/ring etc.

ill mess around with smartlock and s2u2 and see if i can get the results i want.

Is there a .exe for the samsung lockscreen so i can play with that as well? not sure if it's that easy but it would be nice if i could play with it as well to see what i like the best.

nvm that lol.. read, and remembered, how it wasn't very responsive since it's a flash file!?!?!?

Edited by RoyalDrew

Guest amdzero

Okay here is the public release of my Lite rom. Not much has changed since beta 3. See first post. Now I can work on the my Base version.

Guest kdkinc

Download the lite version this morning and set it up almost like the full version as far a s software goes .

Ran nice though I am not a power user by any means.

Doing full version now... whats a flashaholic to do??? :)

Sometimes this i920 thread reminds of the old i910 days ;)

Thanks for all you do..

:D :(

Guest amdzero
Download the lite version this morning and set it up almost like the full version as far a s software goes .

Ran nice though I am not a power user by any means.

Doing full version now... whats a flashaholic to do??? :)

Sometimes this i920 thread reminds of the old i910 days ;)

Thanks for all you do..

:D :(

The only thing more addicting than flashing my phone, is modifying my kitchen!

I've flashed 8 times this morning alone!

Your welcome.

Guest phillykpax
I'm not too familliar with DRM, can you send me a file and I can test it? Or is it locked to a certain device/os? Or just tell me how to get my own DRM (without paying anything) and I'll troubleshoot it.

I was hoping you might be able to remember or figure out if some files or folders that you removed that were either DRM related or Windows Media Player related.

I think this might be a bit involved to test, so if you add some files back in that you think might restore the functionality, I could always retest for you.

------------------------------------

Steps to perform test - not sure if there is an easier free way to get a test DRM file that would successfully sync to the phone

--------------------------------------

You would have to download via a zune pass, which you can get a free trial, you have to remember to cancel before end of trial period.

In the zune software I create a playlist and then download songs directly to the playlist that I created. The zune playlists gets auto-copied into a windows media player playlist. From windows media player on my PC I then set up a partnership with the O2 - My Storage area.

Here is a guide that shows the steps required for the sync from windows media player:

http://pocketnow.com/review/windows-media-...tips-and-tricks

Guest ryvin1

With the new image in the Bing application my i920 just continues to say "locating ..." but doesn't seem to find the location. I have it set to allow location in gps setting and googlemaps seems to find locations ok. Anyone else getting this?

Guest slimyspartagus

I haven't tried your rom in a little while. it is looking very good. Can you put solitaire back in sometime? I've actually been playing it a lot lately.

Guest amdzero
I haven't tried your rom in a little while. it is looking very good. Can you put solitaire back in sometime? I've actually been playing it a lot lately.

If I can remember where the files are I'll let you know.