I8000L + JA5 eboot succesful flashing

Guest elchicodelbalcon

Guest elchicodelbalcon

Hi everyone. I just want to tell you all that i flashed JA5 pda and eboot parts on my i8000L and everything works fine, so i gained the extra RAM that flashing JA5's eboot gives!

I recomend all i8000L users this update.

Guest xaznxplaya
Hi everyone. I just want to tell you all that i flashed JA5 pda and eboot parts on my i8000L and everything works fine, so i gained the extra RAM that flashing JA5's eboot gives!

I recomend all i8000L users this update.

Thanks, gonna try it out. By the way, can I only flash the Eboot part or I have to flash the pda part too ( just flashed the pda part yesterday ).

Edited by xaznxplaya

Guest elchicodelbalcon
Thanks, gonna try it out. By the way, can I only flash the Eboot part or I have to flash the pda part too ( just flashed the pda part yesterday ).

You need to flash PDA + eboot. If you alredy flashed JA5 PDA i guess flashing only the eboot part should get the job done.

Guest xaznxplaya
You need to flash PDA + eboot. If you alredy flashed JA5 PDA i guess flashing only the eboot part should get the job done.

Thanks, will try it now.

PS: My device doesn't seem to get detected by choosing the eboot only.

Edited by xaznxplaya

Umm, interesting. didn't try eboot on i8000L but it looks good.

What about phone part? anyone got a useful part or alredy flashed with i8000's (what a risk)?

With my last i900L there were several phones suitable for both versions and after flashing it showed good gains with batery, gps lock, and signal.

Guest redzone321
Umm, interesting. didn't try eboot on i8000L but it looks good.

What about phone part? anyone got a useful part or alredy flashed with i8000's (what a risk)?

With my last i900L there were several phones suitable for both versions and after flashing it showed good gains with batery, gps lock, and signal.

the issue with the phone section (from my understanding ) is it can contain radio settings that might not be compatible

anyone else try the eboot section?

anyone flash their CSC yet? any problems on i8000L?

also is there still no way to back up CSC and EBOOT? for warranty reasons

I flash Eboot and CSC in my i8000L. I don´t have problem in my Phone.

Edited by rulom

Guest elchicodelbalcon

I flashed Eboot and PDA together, so i don't know if flashing eboot only is possible. Some users with custom roms reported that they had to flash PDA + Eboot in order to obtain the extra RAM with this release and then flash again their custom roms.

Guest xaznxplaya
I flashed Eboot and PDA together, so i don't know if flashing eboot only is possible. Some users with custom roms reported that they had to flash PDA + Eboot in order to obtain the extra RAM with this release and then flash again their custom roms.

In worst case, I'll do a backup with SPB backup then flash again but I heard it might corrupt some files if I do that, is that true?

Guest elchicodelbalcon
In worst case, I'll do a backup with SPB backup then flash again but I heard it might corrupt some files if I do that, is that true?

I never trusted in backing up installed software and registry when updating rom, i just backup my phonebook, messages, calendar entries and media files. You shouldn't have any trouble if you only backup that.

Guest slavke1976

I also flashed eboot on my i8000L , but i flashed together eboot and PDA together, so now i have CSC, PDA, Eboot from I8000 JA5 rom, only i didnt flash Phone part.

Guest xaznxplaya
I also flashed eboot on my i8000L , but i flashed together eboot and PDA together, so now i have CSC, PDA, Eboot from I8000 JA5 rom, only i didnt flash Phone part.

What do you get more with flashing Eboot beside the 5mb ram?

Guest slavke1976

i didnt see nothing else, just more ram, but ram sometimes has 10mb more then before. usually when i restart phone and go to check for ram.

i want my i8000L to be i8000 but i am afraid to flash phone part

Guest elchicodelbalcon
i didnt see nothing else, just more ram, but ram sometimes has 10mb more then before. usually when i restart phone and go to check for ram.

i want my i8000L to be i8000 but i am afraid to flash phone part

If we could find the way to backup the phone part, we could try to flash I8000 phone into I8000L and restore original Phone in case of any trouble. I made a backup of my I8000L stock rom from Argentina before my first flashing, with Pako's Executor i made a PDA and eboot backup so the phone part is the only remaining part to backup before we can try to flash secany's phone.

Edited by elchicodelbalcon

Guest Mikroft

Hmmm.. at first I just flashed the PDA portion about 5 days ago. Then today I went and flashed the eboot portion. Phone works fine but I didn't get the memory increase. Maybe I need to hard reset.

Guest slavke1976

Try hard reset, but i think to get more free RAM memory, you have to flash pda and eboot together.

Edited by slavke1976

Guest xaznxplaya
Damn, you guys are daring! I'm not sure I'm willing to risk eboot on the 8000L yet myself.... :|

Some people said they got it successfully, though I didn't dare to try yet, lol. What are the chances for the phone to brick?