I8000 losing connection

Guest imstillspinning

Guest imstillspinning

Hi folks,

I've been facing this pretty peculiar situation with my i8000- whenever I'm connected to the internet (via the HSDPA/3G Network), all radio connections- 3G/Phone/everything shuts down after a couple of minutes of usage, then restarts in a few seconds.

It might sound confusing, but essentially its like the phone goes into airplane mode a few minutes after i start surfing, then reverts back to the normal radio "on" state in a few seconds.

Now, this only happens when i'm using an application that requires internet access- Opera10, Windows live, midori, facebook etc etc. It's annoying, to say the least.

I'm currently on KC's 6.5.3 ROM but i've experienced this issue since the first official winmo 6.5 update for the phone.

Is anyone else out there experiencing this too? are there any workarounds?

Guest fliegergott
Hi folks,

I've been facing this pretty peculiar situation with my i8000- whenever I'm connected to the internet (via the HSDPA/3G Network), all radio connections- 3G/Phone/everything shuts down after a couple of minutes of usage, then restarts in a few seconds.

It might sound confusing, but essentially its like the phone goes into airplane mode a few minutes after i start surfing, then reverts back to the normal radio "on" state in a few seconds.

Now, this only happens when i'm using an application that requires internet access- Opera10, Windows live, midori, facebook etc etc. It's annoying, to say the least.

I'm currently on KC's 6.5.3 ROM but i've experienced this issue since the first official winmo 6.5 update for the phone.

YESSSS, me too!!!

--->>> BUT: since i use secany´s latest rom -> AJ5 this issue was gone!

By the way: THANK YOU SECANY!

Guest imstillspinning
YESSSS, me too!!!

--->>> BUT: since i use secany´s latest rom -> AJ5 this issue was gone!

By the way: THANK YOU SECANY!

strange, i'm on AJ5 too.

Guest skoda60
Hi folks,

I was facing this problem on all ROM version I were using. During on IH5 ROM. I replaced a new SIM card and the problem was solved for one peaceful day, I was so happy but on the second day the problem been back again. Samsung technical staff told me it was a bug in wm6.1 and there no more support it. There told me wm6.5 without this problem. So I flashed to JA5 and the problem still exist. This problem was very annoying especially during ROM files dowmloading. Beside this I was very enjoying on JA5 ROM. But I cannot bring the phone to Samsung on JA5 ROM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
I got this problem too. I wonder how it can be solved.

yup having this same issue...

almost as soon as im in a call it goes into airplane mode for a min then connects back up.

verrrrry annoying.

edit:

adding a new connection helped me out

pda.bell.ca < proxy settings

Edited by Tb5...

Guest bobhero
yup having this same issue...

almost as soon as im in a call it goes into airplane mode for a min then connects back up.

verrrrry annoying.

edit:

adding a new connection helped me out

pda.bell.ca < proxy settings

Oh you're on Bell too?

I noticed this problem as well, it happened to me several times. I have now tried flashing to the newest phone JJ1 to see if there is any difference. I don't yet reccommmend that you flash this part as it is for i8000 not specifically i8000L, but I will see if things improve.

Guest bobhero

To follow up, I just had the problem happen again. I was on a call, then I hung up the call, then I immediately pressed send to call someone else and the phone looked like it went into airplane mode for a moment, and the call didn't go through, and then I was back on the network within about 10 seconds. So i guess the newer JJ1 phone part isn't of help in this matter.

Wonder if this is a Bell network issue?

Where are you located? GTA?

Edited by bobhero

Guest skoda60

I facing this problem in the past but now not to border anymore. I strongly believe that this problem was on the telco site and not on the phone and firmware.

When I used only data SIM(M1 SG) on Omnia2, peacefully without this problem. When I used 3G plan with subscribe to data plan. This problem will coming back, it look like their telco network was overloaded so their system don't a reset. Especially during lunch hour. This was only my encounter during the last few months.