Android 2.0 ROM Development

Guest BigBearMDC

Guest xarxiusxiii
Poor English but encouraging bit of a shape it's slipping further and further back tho. Although this is the most concrete proof so far.

I thought, but feel free to correct me, that the 2.0 update would be coming around late March / early April, and that forum post is talking about the 2.1 update coming before May. In any case, I can't wait for something new to be released ;) - on that note, keep up the great work BigBearMDC, I'd love to see that Hero ROM as well.

Guest thealexweb
I thought, but feel free to correct me, that the 2.0 update would be coming around late March / early April, and that forum post is talking about the 2.1 update coming before May. In any case, I can't wait for something new to be released ;) - on that note, keep up the great work BigBearMDC, I'd love to see that Hero ROM as well.

At the moment it's all a bit vague, little point of huewawi building a 2.0 rom, might as well skip and go straight to 2.1

Guest thealexweb
That is encouraging! On the other hand, please keep up the good work Big Bear and others :-)

Do you think android 2.0/2.1 will automatically come with flash or is this something that we'll have to rely on the developers to include?

Adobe is building an official version of flash for android 2.0 or higher.

Was that taken with ur Pulse, If so how did u get a black notification bar :D

No, I got that with google ;)

If you want the black notification bar, I'm pretty sure that the T-Mobile stock rom has one.

No, I got that with google ;)

If you want the black notification bar, I'm pretty sure that the T-Mobile stock rom has one.

Mmm, well Tmobile rom is very slow and has poor battery life compared to vanilla, Is there not a theme I can use which changes it, Like MetaMorph or? :D

Mmm, well Tmobile rom is very slow and has poor battery life compared to vanilla, Is there not a theme I can use which changes it, Like MetaMorph or? ;)

The modded Tmobile ROM is NOT slow.

I feel it's faster.

Guest McSpoon

Actually I think the T-Mobile version is dark grey, but anyway, if you want to change it you could edit the zip file "/system/framework/framework-res.apk". Inside there you will find an image "/res/drawable/statusbar_background.png". Maybe you could even draw the MoDaCo logo on it! ;) But this is all going off-topic.

Actually I think the T-Mobile version is dark grey, but anyway, if you want to change it you could edit the zip file "/system/framework/framework-res.apk". Inside there you will find an image "/res/drawable/statusbar_background.png". Maybe you could even draw the MoDaCo logo on it! ;) But this is all going off-topic.

Not that I like to derail topics. But would that mean you would have to resign the APK and keep it all the same size?

Guest McSpoon
So I could just edit that and replace it using a filemanager or is it harder than that,

I doubt the file manager could do it, but the ADB command-line tool will.

Not that I like to derail topics. But would that mean you would have to resign the APK and keep it all the same size?

Yes, in theory it should be signed too. Although I'm not aware of having to keep it the same size though.

I've started a new thread to discuss it over here.

So Android 2.0... Apparently Huawei will launch a number of Android-based devices, including smartphones and "home-use Internet devices", at Mobile World Congress on February 15th to 18th. It would be nice if they're Android 2.x devices. And maybe if they're similar enough, we could pinch some of the files. It would be even better if they release a Android 2.x update for the Pulse at the same time. Although April sounds more realistic.

Guest BigBearMDC

Hiho ;)

David Dawkins and me are currently working on the Hero ROM/FlashPlayer.

I couldn't continue with the Android 2.0 ROM - I just can't manage to get the 2.6.29 kernel source :D

I tried it with repo, but it doesn't work :(

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest _Sebastian_

Hi all,

i've come to the conclusion that we have to wait for the new drivers from Huawei. I already tried several workarounds but i am stucking always because of the drivers. If Huawei will support the community they should also release at least the changes for the CameraParameters (AFMode Methods) - even better the hole changes in their Android repo - yes i am dreaming.

I hope they will use the new Qualcomm Camera driver and rewrite their own stuff not to use the deprecated methods in 2.6.29. I think we will never get Android > 1.5 without it. Or we have to live with some broken Hardware (at least the Camera)

Hiho ;)

I couldn't continue with the Android 2.0 ROM - I just can't manage to get the 2.6.29 kernel source :(

I tried it with repo, but it doesn't work :D

Greetings,

BigBear

Ahh ok, Well I hope you get the Hero rom working! Could you update the hero thread with how far ur at atm please?

Keep going ur doing a great job! :D

Hiho ;)

I couldn't continue with the Android 2.0 ROM - I just can't manage to get the 2.6.29 kernel source :(

I tried it with repo, but it doesn't work :D

Greetings,

BigBear

That sounds awesome and looking forward to your FallenHero rom :D