Automatic settings download

I have an old Treo that automatically download all the WAP, MMS, and SMS settings from any provider SIM card that I put into the cell phone. I wonder if there is any way to also make the Omnia 2 do the same thing? I know that the voicemail and SMS gets downloaded. I just wanted to use my internet from the phone since I am paying for it and I have no idea how to make it work. I have tried manually configuring it, but not luck. Any ideas if phone settings can automatically be programmed from the SIM card to the phone? -- Thanks

Guest ZeroXtreme
I have an old Treo that automatically download all the WAP, MMS, and SMS settings from any provider SIM card that I put into the cell phone. I wonder if there is any way to also make the Omnia 2 do the same thing? I know that the voicemail and SMS gets downloaded. I just wanted to use my internet from the phone since I am paying for it and I have no idea how to make it work. I have tried manually configuring it, but not luck. Any ideas if phone settings can automatically be programmed from the SIM card to the phone? -- Thanks

I suppose it's how vendors in different regions implement the customizations to the device. I am from the Philippines, and when I originally got my device and plugged in my SIM, my carrier was already programmed into the device and it asked me if I wanted to configure the device according to the detected carrier.

I have noticed that this implementation is carried out in the CSC part of the ROM (someone please correct me if I am wrong), since after experimenting and flashing different ROMs, the auto-configuration only happens when I use the original CSC that came with the latest update for my region. So I maintain the phone part and CSC part and only flash the PDA part of custom ROMss

Guest Miguel Singson

hey can i ask u to post the CSC and Phone from the Philippines? i mistakenly flashed it to a full rom from another country and didnt get to back up the original one.

thanks

I suppose it's how vendors in different regions implement the customizations to the device. I am from the Philippines, and when I originally got my device and plugged in my SIM, my carrier was already programmed into the device and it asked me if I wanted to configure the device according to the detected carrier.

I have noticed that this implementation is carried out in the CSC part of the ROM (someone please correct me if I am wrong), since after experimenting and flashing different ROMs, the auto-configuration only happens when I use the original CSC that came with the latest update for my region. So I maintain the phone part and CSC part and only flash the PDA part of custom ROMss

Guest Miguel Singson

Please ;)

sorry lack of sleep made my previous post sound demanding. my bad :D

hey can i ask u to post the CSC and Phone from the Philippines? i mistakenly flashed it to a full rom from another country and didnt get to back up the original one.

thanks

Guest lucian1

Network Wizard for the Europe Providers

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=320870

Guest ZeroXtreme
Thank you for the information. However, I am with a North American provider (AT&T wireless). Any ideas on how to deal with this problem?

If you bought your phone in North America under a provider, they should have customized the device providing the automatic network configuration. Now if you bought it from another region, then it may not detect your network automatically. As I mentioned, I bought my phone in a store from my country so it was programmed to detect carriers not only in my country but in my region.

Have you flashed your ROM with another region's ROM? If so, look for the CSC of a ROM from your region in the forum, and flash the CSC, this may provide the function you are looking for. There are no guarantees though as different providers customize in different ways.

I haven't flashed the ROM or anything. The phone I have is the i8000L form Bell Wireless and I am using on the AT&T network in the states. The phone works well without me playing around with it. In respect, I just wanted get the most of the phone with much work on my end. I guess, this just means that I have to program the phone myself just to make the internet work. But thanks for the info.

• 1 year later...
Guest ThEGraVmaN

I also have an i8000L and have found that the Bell aGPS and data settings are embedded in the CSC of the phone. There is an Auto Data Config tool in the Energy ROMs in this thread;

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...ium-cookie-2-0/

It doesn't seem to fill in the user name or password (easy to add) but it does appear to get the rest of the information right (fido in my case).

I located the cab;

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=45354

I am also trying to learn about all the settings in the CSC. So far all I have found is information related to country and language. The CSC has many other predefined settings, does anyone understand them? Would be nice to change the Bell settings to better suit Fido or Rogers.

Edited by ThEGraVmaN