Flashing in Win 7 x64

Guest hexwolf

Guest hexwolf

I've followed the flashing guide that's been linked on this forum and I can't seem to find Samsungs MIT USB Sync anywhere in device manager. On that page there was another gentleman with the same problem but it looks as though he just found himself an XP machine to flash. Does anyone have any advice as to what to do to find this driver so that I can replace it?

Thanks in advance!

Guest amdzero
I've followed the flashing guide that's been linked on this forum and I can't seem to find Samsungs MIT USB Sync anywhere in device manager. On that page there was another gentleman with the same problem but it looks as though he just found himself an XP machine to flash. Does anyone have any advice as to what to do to find this driver so that I can replace it?

Thanks in advance!

I'm currently using win 7 64bit. Man what a pain in my ass! Download the drivers from the i8000 sectino for win7 64bit. Then boot your computer (press F8 before you see the windows screen) in disable signed driver mode. After boot up, click the start button then click devices and printers. When you plug in your i920, it will show up as a i920 icon with a yeild symbol or an unknown icon. If it says i920 and no yeild you are gtg. If it is unknown, restart the phone/windows (remember to go back into disable signed driver mode).

If it is the i920 with the yield symbol then you are half way there. right click on it and go to properties... goto hardware tab you should see samsung mits usb sync. click properties at the bottom...

Then click change settings... goto driver tab and click update driver... (really? this reminds me of installing a modem in win98!)... Browse my computer... Let me pick form a list... show all devices/next... Have Disk (reguardless of what it says)... find the wceusbshx64.inf file... (by now the i920 would have disconnected but thats okay, just replug it back in and then click next on the update driver software - samsung mits usb sync window (wait for the bump bump bump sound). It should say installing drivers, and will not work until you restart.

restart, but remember to go to disable signed driver mode. Then it should work. I wish I had a dedicated winxp machine, as this sux. Everyother time I have to restart my computer and reinstall the drivers. Anyone else know a better way?

don't forget to put OCTANS in winxp sp3 mode.

=)

Guest hexwolf
I'm currently using win 7 64bit. Man what a pain in my ass! Download the drivers from the i8000 sectino for win7 64bit. Then boot your computer (press F8 before you see the windows screen) in disable signed driver mode. After boot up, click the start button then click devices and printers. When you plug in your i920, it will show up as a i920 icon with a yeild symbol or an unknown icon. If it says i920 and no yeild you are gtg. If it is unknown, restart the phone/windows (remember to go back into disable signed driver mode).

If it is the i920 with the yield symbol then you are half way there. right click on it and go to properties... goto hardware tab you should see samsung mits usb sync. click properties at the bottom...

Then click change settings... goto driver tab and click update driver... (really? this reminds me of installing a modem in win98!)... Browse my computer... Let me pick form a list... show all devices/next... Have Disk (reguardless of what it says)... find the wceusbshx64.inf file... (by now the i920 would have disconnected but thats okay, just replug it back in and then click next on the update driver software - samsung mits usb sync window (wait for the bump bump bump sound). It should say installing drivers, and will not work until you restart.

restart, but remember to go to disable signed driver mode. Then it should work. I wish I had a dedicated winxp machine, as this sux. Everyother time I have to restart my computer and reinstall the drivers. Anyone else know a better way?

don't forget to put OCTANS in winxp sp3 mode.

=)

Never mind, I was looking in the wrong place. Thanks for the help, definitely appreciate it.

Edited by hexwolf

Guest Bern612

I believe you found your answer. But i used sorg's instructions and they worked great. One thing to mention is when you do this. When windows boots press f8 and disable driver signing. And sometimes when i do mine It'll flash first time, but most once i insert usb and samsung boot screen comes on i pull the usb and the quickly reinsert.

Win 7 drivers

Guest das7771
I wish I had a dedicated winxp machine, as this sux. Everyother time I have to restart my computer and reinstall the drivers. Anyone else know a better way?

One thing that I did noticed is that once I flash a rom that the drivers will stay and I can flash a couple more times before I have to restart my comp and start all over again with the drivers. It seems that once you try to connect with active sync it will update the drivers back to the original one. Also if I leave my comp on windows automatic updates will change the driver back to the original one. I have not tried this yet, but I was thinking that it might be possible to turn off automatic updates so that windows will quit changing the drivers. It may or may not be anything but I thought it might be something to look at.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hexwolf

I gave up and tried to find an old copy of Windows XP 32 bit to throw on my machine strictly for flashing but it managed to ruin my partition tables with Windows 7. So now I'm back trying to flash on Windows 7 64 bit and I've had no luck, I still cannot find a location to install the required driver for flashing. All of the guides say to locating Samsung MITs driver, but the only option I have under drivers is "Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter." This is getting frustrating...

Thank you in advance for any input!

Guest odeveca25
I've attached some print screen images to show where I'm stuck at.

Try going into Settings, then Phone Settings, then Data Connection. Scroll down to where it says USB Connection, click on it. On the Select USB function make sure you choose ActiveSync. Now this is very important, below that is another option called Enable advanced network functionality make sure that its disabled. If the green circle is on then click to disable it. This was the reason I was having major issues in not detecting Samsung Mits usb sync driver in Devices and Printers. Once you do that the computer will automatically detect new device and install Samsung Mits usb sync driver. Then you can follow the other steps mentioned in the previous posts to change drivers. Good luck!

post-550473-1266765185_thumb.jpg

post-550473-1266765205_thumb.jpg

Guest hexwolf
Try going into Settings, then Phone Settings, then Data Connection. Scroll down to where it says USB Connection, click on it. On the Select USB function make sure you choose ActiveSync. Now this is very important, below that is another option called Enable advanced network functionality make sure that its disabled. If the green circle is on then click to disable it. This was the reason I was having major issues in not detecting Samsung Mits usb sync driver in Devices and Printers. Once you do that the computer will automatically detect new device and install Samsung Mits usb sync driver. Then you can follow the other steps mentioned in the previous posts to change drivers. Good luck!

That did the trick, I'm now flashing my first O2 rom, thank you! I really appreciate it and wonder how such information never made it into the flashing guides...

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hexwolf

I was able to flash Yardi's ROM, but now after wanting to try a new ROM I can't seem to disable advanced network functionality. I'm able to do so, however, when the phone is off and plugged into my computer, the actual i920 icon in my device panel appears for only ~10 seconds. This was remedied the first time by disabling advanced network functionality, but now I can't seem to update the driver again to flash to another ROM. Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance!

Guest Bern612

I don't know purpose of disableingadvanced network. never had that pproblem. I assume when your flashinging your still in driver disabled mode. and the other plug in your phone and as soon as you see the samsung screen unplug it then quickly plug it back in. And as Sorg stated if you do it right you never have to update drivers again. Your computer will reconize you phone as 2 divices 1 when on and 1 when off. If you look you will see the have 2 differnt drivers. hope this helps and wasn't redundant.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest dasayayin

well I have windows xp mode on windows 7 64 ultimate and I can't get get it to work. Maybe someone can give me some words of wisdom

Edited by dasayayin

Guest kdkinc
well I have windows xp mode on windows 7 64 ultimate and I can't get get it to work. Maybe someone can give me some words of wisdom

See post 8 & 9 you may have a drive install issue ???

:P :D

Guest amdzero

man this is covered so many times, please do a search before posting something that has already been covered.

If it doesn't work after your "research" on this site, then post some more helpful troubleshooting hints, i.e. the phone is detected but there is a yield icon, or OCTANS displays this in the message box, or even I restart my phone but nothing happens.

I'm not trying to be mean, just asking for ppl to read a bit and expound upon their problems.