[ROM] HD2 Leo2 Fusion / BETA 2 RELEASED TODAY

Guest rodrigofd

Guest rodrigofd

Let me make something clear.... RAM is STILL and issue... i can't really do much about that... i am not a Samsung engineer on the O2 project, to rewrite kernel to remap the physical 256 MB of RAM in a different way so to have more available memory ... we simply have to live with that. is that or use another phone, ... sorry :D

In a almost-booted state, there are something like 35-40 MB free ram, with 144 total memory (pagepool of 15MB, with JA5 eboot or newer).

I tried reducing pagepool to 5MB, so that makes 154MB total memory.. however, it DOES impact on performance.. so i went back to 15MB.

General Sense speed is, let's say , 65-70% from HD2 speed (i am holding both phones i my hands now, so i am a fair judge :D) .

Memory is poor as we could see.

Functionality is 90%.

So each one will determine if it suits his 'everyday use' demands.

-------------

OK current issue really locks me up. To sum things, ... DRM package from HD2 rom, is too tied to HD2 packages. BUT, it conflicts with DRM package from Samsung.

Some very important Samsung things need their DRM, in particular Samsung Settings, and Samsung Touch Media Player, which is key, since its exclusive hardware acceleration.

If i use HD2 DRM, said samsung apps don't work... if i use samsung DRM, some HD2 stuff crashes....it's a loose/loose...:lol: and it's driving me mad...

Guest rodrigofd
rodrigo, how is it that you're facing this problem with your beta2 and not in your beta1? there were no DRM issues previously?

Because of new updated HD2 packages from latest ROMs

Guest John Peers

Can yo make a beta 2 with old HD2 packages and all stuffs working 100%? May be this is the only way for now to release the beta 2 and you will have more time to work in beta 3 with new packages without pression of most impatiently users (include me) :D it's only a suggestion. Thanks for your great work!!

Edited by John Peers

Guest mediacell

with this DRM issues, will you continued proceess with new package update from HD2? or return to previous HD2 package from beta 1, which only have crashing on libgles dll? did libgles allready fixed by ginkage.? ... sorry for my bad english :D

Guest Dr.Abo Fahad

( So each one will determine if it suits his 'everyday use' demands )

when would that be real ?! :D

Thanx

Edited by Dr.Abo Fahad

Guest rodrigofd
( So each one will determine if it suits his 'everyday use' demands )

when would that be real ?! :D

Thanx

Remember i have no obligation to do this... it is just for hobby... sometimes some people actually forget this.

Guest Dr.Abo Fahad
Remember i have no obligation to do this... it is just for hobby... sometimes some people actually forget this.

Sorry if you've got me wrong !

what I'm trying to say is thousand of O2 users are referishing impatiently the thread almost every second including myself and we're waiting for the real release :D

Some screen shots may be enough to satisfy our needy souls :D

( Again our satisfaction is not obligatory ,,, Just take your time )

Thanx

Edited by Dr.Abo Fahad

Guest rodrigofd

Ok ... no problem Fahad.

After all this fuss about delaying, issues, etc.. I decided to make the most stable possible release, and see what goes from there.

That means, i'm going back to Sense version that runs well... so i can release today , at last, Beta 2...

Guest rodrigofd

PD. update.. actually i have to hurry to release!! because sadly i will be selling my Omnia2, as i bought the HD2, and i need the cash :D

After release Beta 2, i will try to keep updating, but doing so 'blindly' you can imagine how hard it will be...

Don't worry though, 'cause i won't let the phone go before releasing Beta 2.

Guest speedfrog
PD. update.. actually i have to hurry to release!! because sadly i will be selling my Omnia2, as i bought the HD2, and i need the cash :D

After release Beta 2, i will try to keep updating, but doing so 'blindly' you can imagine how hard it will be...

how much will you sell it for?

Guest monyozt
PD. update.. actually i have to hurry to release!! because sadly i will be selling my Omnia2, as i bought the HD2, and i need the cash :(

oh no.. bad news T.T don't do that RFD :(