[ROM] HD2 Leo2 Fusion / BETA 2 RELEASED TODAY

Guest rodrigofd

Guest danilovac
Dear Rodrigo,

first congratulations for your job!

I do not have omnia ii yet, my device is coming next week, I am anxious to receive it and test your rom, as I am a fan of HTC and manila 2.5 interface.

I would like to ask you if video call function works in your rom with htc dialer, like this .. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=593193 ..I often use this function in my htc device.

Sorry for my poor english!

thank you!

hi Rodrigo,

Do you have any position about the video call?

Thank you again and congratulations!

Guest SelfCreation

Bad new for you man HD2 will NOT support Windows phone 7 series m, WHY you ask ? cause its no longer WINDOWS MOBILE!! its a COMPLETLY NEW OS , meaning , no longer .cab filles No longet m,Sn windows media all windows is gone

Its gona be a ZUNE/Xbox 360 Setup Basicly more of an IPHONE feel to it , Basicly Ordering movies /music /game from ZUNE HD , evan have your Xbox 360 AVATAR on your phone , Evan rumors of playing x360 games on it!!!!!! (the arcade games and what not.)

check it out on youtube, type in " windows phone 7" , ive been speaking to the HTC reps and they been giving me this info ( i work for bell ) ,

all im saying is dont hold your breath for the HD2 geting windows 7! unless they make "windows mobile 7" AND "windows phone 7"

Edited by SelfCreation

Oh no. Will you be leaving the community RFD?

Then what would happen to the money that people gave for cmnoex to do something about the memory issue ? :(

Per a friend came to nothing? Rod,good if you write something...

Guest SelfCreation

OOOOH!! and befor you guys jump into the HD2 :

hers a little word from XDA

Let's face it: HD2 has many problems.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No need to hide. This phone has many problems, still many people seems to ignore them completely. No need to start the "It's your phone, it's strange, I use it a lot and it never happens" saga. The problems are there. And for everyone. The fact you don't notice some bad behaviours doesn't mean the phone is perfect or that your baby is exempt from problems. Let's start:

1) Suboptimal WI-FI performance. On a 802.11g wireless network, connected to an 8Mbps internet connection, the phone can't even saturate the badwidth of the network. Speedtest.net reports an approximate 2Mbps download capacity (EDIT for those who cannot distinguish: 2 megabits, not megabytes). Test it yourself: try to download something from a fast website and try to figure out which is your maximum download transfer speed. You will be disappointed. As a comparative, this means the phone can use 1/4 of the available bandwidth. A SonyEricsson Satio can fully use the available bandwidth, instead (someone told me "tell me a phone that can do it. Now you have one).

2) Stanby freeze: it's there. The phone freezes randomly while in stanby draining all your battery juice. Sometimes happens rarely, sometimes happens frequently.

3) Poor memory space handling: after just 20 days of use from a fresh ROM update, my free memory space on ROM is just 36MB. Without installing big things or hacking anything. Sure, there are fixes produced by the community, log cleaners, temp files deletion utilities, etc. etc. Still, it's a quite a disappointement: it means this phone can't work properly in a "factory state" for much time.

4) "Always on" features: nice, apart the fact in random periods of time the services just stop to download data. The Twitter client doesn't work well. Sometimes you can hear a tweet sound, sometimes it downloads data without the sound, sometimes it downloads nothing until reboot.

5) Poor stability in general: the OS crashes frequently. Less frequently than the first shipped rom. Still it's not very stable.

6) Poor support in general with the updates: finally the SMS stuck problem has been fixed but they spent 3 months for it without a valid solution. The camera fix doesn't hide the fact the sensor is defective.

I don't say this to start a flame, of course, but only because I'm frustrated with these problems. And people, instead of spreading words about them, just pump the hype, including some notorious web sites that have no scope but pushing the hype even further. But the truth is another: this phone doesn't work as expected.

Guest rodrigofd

HI, first of all, sorry for delays, but lately i couldn't use so much free time to dedicate to this project. My job and a house move are too demanding, but that doesn't mean i gave up anything. You must understand, as i told 100000 times this is a hobby, and we all do it as long as we want to, and are able to. That said, trust me when i become more relaxed i will make time to upload new version, i won't say estimated times anymore since i failed to most of them. But it WILL be soon i promise!

On regards cmonex issue Jermx, i never said i was giving anything up. And as much as i DONT WANT to disrespect or take any kind of advantage, i can't recall some user giving a donation on behalf 'cmonex issue'. If someone actually did, my sincere apologies, and communicate it to me via PM or mail.

Finally, a little personal comment about HD2 phone.

First of all, all general phone use opinions, and PARTICULARLY XDA ones, i think to be really very subjective and partial.. same phone, exact same version and circumstances, same action and multiple users report all random different conclusions.

To be fair, such phone does have some annoying uses, but i feel it to be in general, a great piece of hardware and gadget. I am , up to now, so extremely pissed off by Samsung, that , with the chance to make a best-seller wining phone, they screwed up in so many software aspects. It just sums up to the known fact that great hardware must be on the par with great software, or else it won't be of any use.

O2 phone has a lot of better features and details, but i simply love the way i feel using the HD2 and what HTC did with the interfase... as always, is mostly a matter of personal taste..

or for ppl who cannot w8... there is actually a working 2.5 sense cab.. wif some of the settings tab not working tho.. but its functional...

Please, post some links

or for ppl who cannot w8... there is actually a working 2.5 sense cab.. wif some of the settings tab not working tho.. but its functional...

Very complex, not healthy and I think cab :(

Guest zyberace

Hi Rod

First off, I want to thank you if I never said it before for this amazing ROM that you've made it to happened.

I used Omnia2 for just one month and now I'm using your beta 1, before I bought this phone I did some searched and garther very much information in order to know it's pros and cons. I was quite satisfied with the hardware specs, size and also price here in my country. But for software part, the UI, I realized that SS UI will not suited my need and I prefer TouchFlo more. I had found that there was HD2 Rom port to Omnia2 which is your work. I even downloaded the rom before I decided to have the device.

As far as I use this rom, I quite understand about how hard to make this rom perfect. Because these two devices are very different especially the support of open GL. So I understand if you have to go for HD2. Now I just wish that someone with talent will continue this work and improve this project in the future.

This is just want you to know.

ace

Guest Asgardi

To Rodrigofd:

Your decision to buy HD2 in strange. The situation is as you said: O2 has better hardware and HD2 better software. I decided to buy O2 because I wanted both and you made it possible. It is very strange to me that you used all the extra money to get HD2 and even more strange is that you bought it after O2 to make the whole thing as expensive for you as possible. I have used both devices and for me O2 is a clear winner with your ROM. Only thing that is better in HD2 is that it is faster but everything else is better in O2 - it is even cheaper. Why just not to make your ROM working better in O2 and you would have the best possible phone yourself too? I can't understand you :(

Guest NikAhmad
To Rodrigofd:

Your decision to buy HD2 in strange. The situation is as you said: O2 has better hardware and HD2 better software. I decided to buy O2 because I wanted both and you made it possible. It is very strange to me that you used all the extra money to get HD2 and even more strange is that you bought it after O2 to make the whole thing as expensive for you as possible. I have used both devices and for me O2 is a clear winner with your ROM. Only thing that is better in HD2 is that it is faster but everything else is better in O2 - it is even cheaper. Why just not to make your ROM working better in O2 and you would have the best possible phone yourself too? I can't understand you :(

+1, video call & tv out ability

Guest rodrigofd
+1, video call & tv out ability

As i said before, never absolute, always a matter of personal taste. I literally 'NEVER' did a video call, and it was extremely rare that i use tv-out.. mostly for testing purposes... but, this could be an endless discussion as to the 'better phone'.. there are already thousands of threads on that matter...

Just let me tell you, when i was at first Omnia2 user only, without deeply knowning the HD2, i also was among the 'Omnia2 is much better than the all-hyped new HTC toy HD2' group... but one must be really fair and objective, that's my point here... HD2 is not THAT FLAWED as many around are saying.... maybe its worst point is the high price tag... but with all their things, HTC certainly has pretty good WM phone background... i can't help to feel Samsung engineers are playing with WM for their first time :S even i know that's not the case....

P.D. I didn't simply 'switched' O2 for a HD2... i bought HD2 overseas, to sell it in my country, ... and for money issues i have to let one of both go, and i simply chose the one i felt more confortable working and living with... after all, they're just phones guys!:( Two wonderful phones, indeed.

Edited by rodrigofd

Guest touchprogeek

Rodrigo,

I perfectly understand what you are saying. There is no perfect phone, but each of us hopes to find a phone where the problems it does have are either very small or don't affect how we personally use the phone. I must say, I completely agree with you about Samsung and their idea of "software" on this phone. Hands down, I feel the O2 is the better phone in the hardware department, and yet because Samsung did such an AWFUL job with the software implementation, they made an amazing phone only average. It really sucks because it could have been even better than the HD2 if Samsung had done the software properly. I used the factory software from Samsung on my phone for 3 months and I can tell you the number of times I wanted to throw my phone against a wall because of the hang ups, freezing, memory problems, dropped calls are just too many to mention. I didn't know how I was going to be able to continue to use the phone for another year or two. Then last week, I put on your UltraLITE ROM and reinstalled my phone. What a wonderful breath of fresh air! Your work finally makes the phone useable and actually fun again. Thank you so much for your ROMs and your work on this great hobby of yours. You literally are helping many many people with your work and we all would like to thank you for that.

P.S. I too would like to switch to the HD2. I love TouchFlo 3D and the RAM on my O2 is choking me to death.... But I have to wait until the HD2 comes out in Canada.. Here's hoping!

P.S.S I know that the Sense 2.5 UI is causing you problems still with the DRM and the e-reader, but does that mean that you have the basic WM6.5 OS working? If so, could you post your UltraLITE version of the ROM? If you're not ready with the UltraLITE, then I apologize for asking, I know it's your hobby and you are very busy right now. Thanks again!

Guest kaizer hanz

Ginkage has updated libgles driver..!! Check it out..!!!

at Beta1 Leo Fusion now can add Wheather more than 1 Cities.. no Crashes.. :(

come on Mr. Rodrigo, release Beta 2 :( :( :(

Guest kydkylin
Ginkage has updated libgles driver..!! Check it out..!!!

at Beta1 Leo Fusion now can add Wheather more than 1 Cities.. no Crashes.. :(

come on Mr. Rodrigo, release Beta 2 :( :( :(

Yes ,here's the link http://sourceforge.net/projects/omnia2gl/f...cm.zip/download

Thanks Ginkage and RFD again!!!

Edited by kydkylin