[ROMS][DC23] WM6.5 Yardi4life- 23568, 23563 [May 6]

Guest yardi4life

Guest amdzero
Dear Yardi,

It has come to my attention that there are working implementations of 6.5.5 on the Omnia 2. It is my hope that you have not become a robot, and are still using such a device. If so, I am sure that you will soon release such a rom that puts all others to shame.

Best wishes,

- Jeremy

O_0

Guest Steel Reign
Dear Yardi,

It has come to my attention that there are working implementations of 6.5.5 on the Omnia 2. It is my hope that you have not become a robot, and are still using such a device. If so, I am sure that you will soon release such a rom that puts all others to shame.

Best wishes,

- Jeremy

If so, I am sure that you will soon release such a rom that puts all others to shame

>;)

Edited by Steel Reign

Guest yardi4life
Dear Yardi,

Best wishes,

- Jeremy

Jeremy, Jeremy, Jeremy you just lost some cool point man! Thanks for the show of confidence in my roms. But I think you owe the other chefs an apology.

Guest yardi4life
yardi, why aren't you jumping in the sense 2.5 pool with the rest of the cooks?

I tried, failed and quit with sense 2.5 on SCH-i920.

Guest JeremyGNJ
Jeremy, Jeremy, Jeremy you just lost some cool point man! Thanks for the show of confidence in my roms. But I think you owe the other chefs an apology.

ha! I was still half asleep when I wrote that! I did mean the robot part though, I dont want any more good chef's to move to android!

In any event, I didnt mean anything against the other chefs, I just perfer your ROMs because they are generally just "tweaked a bit" instead of trying to be radically different. I want my Omnia2 to look like it came stock with 6.5.5!

If you decide to work on 6.5.5 feel free to contact me for help testing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest slimyspartagus
I tried, failed and quit with sense 2.5 on SCH-i920.

I don't like sense any ways! but are you working on these roms any more? is there a 6.5.5 coming sometime? or do you feel these are completely optimized?

Guest haveitnow

not sure what's going on here, but i've search and cant find an answer. in the last couple days i've gotten 2 sms over 160 chars. It properly split the texts into two, part 1 was fine but part 2 was complete jibberish in both messages.

anyone got any ideas?

I am running the current version of this ROM. Not sure about earlier versions, but I know this wasn't a problem on the original ROM.

Thanks

Guest Ninja4Hire
not sure what's going on here, but i've search and cant find an answer. in the last couple days i've gotten 2 sms over 160 chars. It properly split the texts into two, part 1 was fine but part 2 was complete jibberish in both messages.

anyone got any ideas?

I am running the current version of this ROM. Not sure about earlier versions, but I know this wasn't a problem on the original ROM.

Thanks

I have never seen that before. You should try sending yourself a few really long messages. It also may be something you last installed. I actually have no idea, but if it continues to be a problem you may want to back up and hard reset.

Guest nightshade13

anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

[/q

Hi. i used to have the same problem. however it was with my old palm treo. after i preformed a hard reset the part II of any message was completely unreadable it was a mixture of symbols and i dont know i just remember people kept yelling at me that i was pocket texting them. when it was really just my phone messing up. i fixed it by hard reseting like ninja said. dont worry. im pretty sure it will fix the problem. /cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mdkpnj

does this ROM support DVIX/XVID video? I know the standard ROM had a DVIX registration thing which is not here. Does anyone know where I cab find DVIX support?

Is there a fix for the no menu on message notifications? The right hand button dismisses the notification windows, it should be a menu to dismiss or sleep it for some period of time.

THanks.

Guest haveitnow
does this ROM support DVIX/XVID video? I know the standard ROM had a DVIX registration thing which is not here. Does anyone know where I cab find DVIX support?

Is there a fix for the no menu on message notifications? The right hand button dismisses the notification windows, it should be a menu to dismiss or sleep it for some period of time.

THanks.

The media player plays divx/xvid/h264 just fine as long as they have no DRM. I have never tried the divx/vod drm crap so i can't sya if you can make it work or not.

Guest norm883

Hi

I flashed the i920 verizon and lost the original CSC.

Many programs will not work without it.

Can anyone point me where to find it for the DC23?

And you can flash it cause I have the Omnia II i8000 on it

which I found somewhere in these forums.

Would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Norm883

Guest amdzero
Hi

I flashed the i920 verizon and lost the original CSC.

Many programs will not work without it.

Can anyone point me where to find it for the DC23?

And you can flash it cause I have the Omnia II i8000 on it

which I found somewhere in these forums.

Would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Norm883

You're confusing me, do you own a i920 or own a i8000? if you own a i920 and want to get the DC23 update try this link...

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/mobile/...amp;tab=support

Guest norm883

Hi

I have the i920 and did the Verizon update DC23

Then flashed one of your ROMS

and lost my CSC portion (have no idea but one of the forums I believe suggest to remove)

then when I loaded the ROM on Octans the original CSC was gone

causing the phone not to work in many areas

So I found a CSC ( I thought but it is a i8000) and it loaded so now shows on boot and loads the custom ROM but still acts very strange.

So I an looking high and low in all forums for the original CSC file.

Any support appeciated,

Norm883

Guest amdzero
Ohh it with now not let me reinstall the DC23 upgrade because it says already installed

Norman883

yeah don't EVER erase CSC. We chefs cooking for the i920 have not altered anything but the PDA portion. So this means we leave the PHONE and CSC intact. This way there is virtually no way of brinking your phone (I've flashed nearly a thousand times now, and still going strong).

The DC23 update shows the DC23 update already installed because it is. So you need to downgrade to the older jan 2010 official update first.

here is a link to the january update, as samsung doesn't have it posted anymore:

Part 1

http://www.4shared.com/file/fKwVhY0C/EUUT_...20_V10047z.html

Part 2

http://www.4shared.com/file/whD0Tdw2/EUUT_...20_V10047z.html

Yes you need both parts, and use 7zip (free) to upzip them.

Guest norm883

Title: Re: FLASHING ON THE OMNIA i920

Post by: Okie on April 11, 2010, 10:50:16 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take a look here for the Samsung driver and Octans: http://omniarom.com/forum/index.php?topic=1791.0

Within Octans, you just need to select the MovinAnd button and select your nb0 file therein. Most chefs recommend to select the 'Erase CSC' as well.

This is what I read.

I will try to flash as you suggested.

TY for the help will update.

But the i8000 CSC seems to be working.

Norm883

Guest norm883

I just can't win say part2 is damaged or unknown format then in rar it is archived and can not be opened?

Any other places it may be archived?

Norm883

Guest amdzero
I just can't win say part2 is damaged or unknown format then in rar it is archived and can not be opened?

Any other places it may be archived?

Norm883

Its not damaged, you have to use 7zip, and unzip part1. This will unzip both files, as they are split. Extract the .exe and run it.

Guest norm883

Thanks,

That worked but as with the DC23 April 2010 setup up it says unable to reinstall with the Jan 2010 setup program.

How did they get the CSC for the i8000 and the i920 has nothing in all of these forums.

Also in one of the progams I found it appears to be a program called CSC extract but is used in (Kitchen) I believe.

I am confused enough with Octans.

The search will continue and I thank you for yours and others support.

Bye the way will it also double extra when you do it for the file STEEL 65 part1 and part2?

That ROM keeps freezing me up on flash. But I clicked each one to RAR extract to the main file.

If I am going to brick this I am going to try them all :angry:

TY again, Let the Flashing and building continue.

Norm883

Guest amdzero
Thanks,

That worked but as with the DC23 April 2010 setup up it says unable to reinstall with the Jan 2010 setup program.

How did they get the CSC for the i8000 and the i920 has nothing in all of these forums.

Also in one of the progams I found it appears to be a program called CSC extract but is used in (Kitchen) I believe.

I am confused enough with Octans.

The search will continue and I thank you for yours and others support.

Bye the way will it also double extra when you do it for the file STEEL 65 part1 and part2?

That ROM keeps freezing me up on flash. But I clicked each one to RAR extract to the main file.

If I am going to brick this I am going to try them all :angry:

TY again, Let the Flashing and building continue.

Norm883

when there is a part1 and part2 there is really only one zip file, it is just split up. don't unzip the part2 (or even part36 if there is alot) just unzip the first one and it will "use" all the parts to extract the full contents.

as far as the jan2010 upgrade, try and flash my version 1 rom and then try the jan 2010 update (or even dc23 if it will let you).

as far as CSC we (or at least "I"), don't know how to extract it, and since it doesn't affect much, we don't mess with it.

For me, the CSC is really only the part that allows the boot images, like verizon boot and shutdown and "download" image for flashing, etc. I'm really more interested in building ROMs not frontloaders.

Guest norm883
when there is a part1 and part2 there is really only one zip file, it is just split up. don't unzip the part2 (or even part36 if there is alot) just unzip the first one and it will "use" all the parts to extract the full contents.

as far as the jan2010 upgrade, try and flash my version 1 rom and then try the jan 2010 update (or even dc23 if it will let you).

as far as CSC we (or at least "I"), don't know how to extract it, and since it doesn't affect much, we don't mess with it.

For me, the CSC is really only the part that allows the boot images, like verizon boot and shutdown and "download" image for flashing, etc. I'm really more interested in building ROMs not frontloaders.

OK I will try all of the above.

As to the CSC not being installed you just see a generic Samsung Logo and no battery indicator with the phone off and charging.

But when you load a build ROM there are issues as to connecting to internet, many programs say not available or load or not signed!

With the CSC i8000 loaded it allows those functions to act normal.

It appears the i8000 CSC is identical except for the booth logo for Samsung with i8000 and a animated startup of the i8000 with then a splash logo saying orange.

I have used WINRAR for years. It appears much easier (here) to use the 7-Zip and better results.

TY again, so very kind and helpful,

Norm883

Guest norm883

OK

I was only able to flash your Version 1 ROM and others of yours.

The Samsung updates keep saying already installed or unable to reinstall.

Another problem I am having is I need the soft reset button and I liked the Torch button from the i910.

Locks up the device. I do like how you can use and map your center button!

But the cabs I have do not seem to like this version. Is there anthing out there that you know is compatable?

TY,

Norm883

Guest amdzero
OK

I was only able to flash your Version 1 ROM and others of yours.

The Samsung updates keep saying already installed or unable to reinstall.

Another problem I am having is I need the soft reset button and I liked the Torch button from the i910.

Locks up the device. I do like how you can use and map your center button!

But the cabs I have do not seem to like this version. Is there anthing out there that you know is compatable?

TY,

Norm883

here is a link to a flashlight, compass combo. I like the flashlight, and usually map it to a button.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...ss-and-o2flash/

Guest mdkpnj

I read about this issue with other roms, but haven't found any solutions posted. When I get a notification, the right hand soft button dismisses it. I do not get the options for dismiss or snooze for various time periods. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.