[ROMS][DC23] WM6.5 Yardi4life- 23568, 23563 [May 6]

Guest yardi4life

Guest sixstrings
Glad to hear you got it working again! Sadly I'm not aware of anyone being able to pull the csc from the i920 (yet) so that we can flash it back. We will probably have to wait until they release an official update (Which I hope is to fix the hardware buttons that aren't assignable), or for someone to find a solution

Jazz: its possible to flash back to the original stock check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624940

i've done it twice so it works, it's in his rom folder link

Guest GvLJazz
Jazz: its possible to flash back to the original stock check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624940

i've done it twice so it works, it's in his rom folder link

My problem isn't getting back to a stock rom for the pda, it's flashing the csc image that gets corrupted by the official vzw update failing that i can't get back on the phone... unless of course i'm missing something ;) At the same time i can't get the vzw updater to reflash since the phone image is up to date. It's no big deal since all is working well for now. Thanks

Guest sixstrings

Hey bro im still using ur rom and it's still nice man. is there a way to change the font, i see that you did and am just wondering if its possible for me to do it?

Thanks for the rom

EDIT: nevermind i've learned how to ;)

Edited by sixstrings

Guest WolfpackInCO
Hey bro im still using ur rom and it's still nice man. is there a way to change the font, i see that you did and am just wondering if its possible for me to do it?

Thanks for the rom

EDIT: nevermind i've learned how to ;)

do share...

Guest sixstrings
What error? You sure it's not just the mortscript popup that lets you know the extensions have been registered so scripts will run?

nah its the popup saying that it cant find the .exe file. if it comes to it i'll just have to reflash this rom again. i was tryn not to have to do that

Guest yardi4life

Thanks for the rom

EDIT: nevermind i've learned how to

That tweak is weak and will not replace the font entirely in the OS and applications. The best thing to do is to create/modify a font that mimics and overwrites the system font tahoma by using the same name. Then registry tweaks is not necessary.

Curious. Why do you want to change the font? If u found something better, please share. I'm a sucker for a good looking font.

Edited by yardi4life

nah its the popup saying that it cant find the .exe file. if it comes to it i'll just have to reflash this rom again. i was tryn not to have to do that

Just reinstall mortscript. It'll take you five minutes.

Guest fire3element

Is anyone else having trouble with the Samsung Touch Player? Like when I open a video file it plays fine until I touch the screen to go to full screen. Actually it plays fine in full screen, its just when you turn the phone on its side to view it the phone freezes. So it has to be something to do with the auto-rotate function. Can this be fixed/avoided ?

I have to pull the battery in order to reset the phone. I cant hold down the END key to power off.

Guest sixstrings
That tweak is weak and will not replace the font entirely in the OS and applications. The best thing to do is to create/modify a font that mimics and overwrites the system font tahoma by using the same name. Then registry tweaks is not necessary.

Curious. Why do you want to change the font? If u found something better, please share. I'm a sucker for a good looking font.

I was going to test some differnt fonts to see how they looked. that was all, like you i like a good looking font also.

but i am curious why it wont show pics with the incoming calls on the caller id. or is it just my fone doing that?

Guest yardi4life
Is anyone else having trouble with the Samsung Touch Player? Like when I open a video file it plays fine until I touch the screen to go to full screen. Actually it plays fine in full screen, its just when you turn the phone on its side to view it the phone freezes. So it has to be something to do with the auto-rotate function. Can this be fixed/avoided ?

I have to pull the battery in order to reset the phone. I cant hold down the END key to power off.

I removed auto rotate for touch player and my pictures. These apps already have built in rotation support, but have rotate phone to the right.

For now install the auto rotation configuration app from omnia II section on XDA forum.

Guest yardi4life

I have the "Not So Lite Rom" (Fu)" @ 250mb after. So far all this seems good. Lite is about 22MB less than "Not So Lite Rom" with Calcultor, Calllog, Clock and Alarm, FM Radio,Media Player, Task switcher, Unit converter, Video Editor, Voice Recorder still in.

Guest yardi4life

I will be uploading updated roms for 23529 and 28223 and a new release 25005.

23529, 28223 and 25005 have updated themes.

28223 has 258MB (264186 KB) after flash

23529 has 256MB (262622 KB) after flash

25005 has 258MB (264186 KB) after flash. This is an unknown branch as far as I know. (Looks more like 282** development)

UPLOADED See first post

Edited by yardi4life

Guest phillykpax

First want to say thanks to everybody that puts time into creating this stuff.

I have been using a zune pass along with windows media player on my pc to transfer songs (WMA with DRM) to my omnia 2, and had no problem doing so with the oem rom.

With the Yardi4life 23529 rom (only rom in this forum I have tried flashing to so far), I noticed that the DRM capability has been lost, windows media player on my pc says the device does not support subsription music.

I love the removal of all the nonsense apps that verizon tossed in and the addition of updated OS, better organized start menu, threaded email etc., but I hate to lose a nice feature of the device (DRM capable) in the process.

Luckily flashing back to the oem rom that I found in an earlier thread restored things back and DRM functionality was restored.

Would it be difficult to regain DRM capability in future cooked ROMs?

Guest yardi4life
First want to say thanks to everybody that puts time into creating this stuff.

I have been using a zune pass along with windows media player on my pc to transfer songs (WMA with DRM) to my omnia 2, and had no problem doing so with the oem rom.

With the Yardi4life 23529 rom (only rom in this forum I have tried flashing to so far), I noticed that the DRM capability has been lost, windows media player on my pc says the device does not support subsription music.

I love the removal of all the nonsense apps that verizon tossed in and the addition of updated OS, better organized start menu, threaded email etc., but I hate to lose a nice feature of the device (DRM capable) in the process.

Luckily flashing back to the oem rom that I found in an earlier thread restored things back and DRM functionality was restored.

Would it be difficult to regain DRM capability in future cooked ROMs?

I'll looking into this.

anyone suggest a theme so i can read my e-mails seems that all of them make my emails unreadable!

I like Tacchan's Whiteblack theme.

Edited by Snow02

Is anyone else having MMS issues? i can't send or receive. It says connection failed, no modem detected. I know at least one other person is having the same problem. Any help would be appreciated. If you do have working MMS on the 23529 ROM, message me so I can get some registry values from you and see if we can't figure it out. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Nevermind. I fixed it. But others may want to check if their MMS is working. I know of one other who has the same issue as me. I have a fix cab if you need it.

Yardi, I'm still having a couple of issues though. While I got send/receive MMS to work, my phone thinks images are 5 sec video clips for some reason (which functionally isn't an issue, just weird), and I can't seem to save them. If your MMS is working ok, can I get with you and go over some registry entries via PM to see where the issue is? Specifically, can you screenshot these for me or get me a list of your values? Thanks.

HKLM\Software\Samsung\MMS\Profiles\MMS

HKLM\Software\Samsung\MMS\Settings

Edited by Snow02