[ROMS][DC23] WM6.5 Yardi4life- 23568, 23563 [May 6]

Guest yardi4life

Guest WolfpackInCO
Is anyone else having MMS issues? i can't send or receive. It says connection failed, no modem detected. I know at least one other person is having the same problem. Any help would be appreciated. If you do have working MMS on the 23529 ROM, message me so I can get some registry values from you and see if we can't figure it out. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Nevermind. I fixed it. But others may want to check if their MMS is working. I know of one other who has the same issue as me. I have a fix cab if you need it.

Yardi, I'm still having a couple of issues though. While I got send/receive MMS to work, my phone thinks images are 5 sec video clips for some reason (which functionally isn't an issue, just weird), and I can't seem to save them. If your MMS is working ok, can I get with you and go over some registry entries via PM to see where the issue is? Specifically, can you screenshot these for me or get me a list of your values? Thanks.

HKLM\Software\Samsung\MMS\Profiles\MMS

HKLM\Software\Samsung\MMS\Settings

I'm having issues with receiving MMS - please post the fix!

Also, anyone know how to turn off rotation completely? The rotating today screen is annoying b/c it's really touchy...

Also, anyone know how to turn off rotation completely? The rotating today screen is annoying b/c it's really touchy...

Unzip. Place MMS.cab on your phone and run. Reset your phone. Let me know if this does/does not work please. It's still not perfect, as per my notes above, but should enable you to send/receive MMS. You can send yourself an MMS message to test. Enjoy.

Edit: I just got confirmation that this cab does indeed work. So test your MMS, and if it's not working install this. Now that i know of three separate cases, my guess is it's an issue with everyone.

MMS_Fix_Yardi4life.zip

Edited by Snow02

You can probably get rid of the autorotation by deleting selected entries from HKLM\Software\Autorotation.

Best bet is probably to install the autorotation app suggested on the first page here though. There's a link to it. And use it to remove rotation. But it probably just removes the registry entires I'd guess. Don't blame me if something goes wrong though....

That reminds me. I can't add rotation to anything Yardi. I downloaded the app and tried adding to the registry entries. The app doesn't give me the option to add (and was super laggy), and adding registry entries manually didn't do anything. Any ideas?

Guest yardi4life
Is anyone else having MMS issues? i can't send or receive. It says connection failed, no modem detected. I know at least one other person is having the same problem. Any help would be appreciated. If you do have working MMS on the 23529 ROM, message me so I can get some registry values from you and see if we can't figure it out. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Nevermind. I fixed it. But others may want to check if their MMS is working. I know of one other who has the same issue as me. I have a fix cab if you need it.

Yardi, I'm still having a couple of issues though. While I got send/receive MMS to work, my phone thinks images are 5 sec video clips for some reason (which functionally isn't an issue, just weird), and I can't seem to save them. If your MMS is working ok, can I get with you and go over some registry entries via PM to see where the issue is? Specifically, can you screenshot these for me or get me a list of your values? Thanks.

HKLM\Software\Samsung\MMS\Profiles\MMS

HKLM\Software\Samsung\MMS\Settings

A part from the images I removed which I now see are used for MMS. I'm not having any problems with MMS. I could still send and receive.

With regards to pictures showing as 5 second clips. I never understood that either, but I have noticed that behavior for long time with previous phones I have owned like i910 and HTC Touch.

Do u still need registry settings from my phone?

I'll upload updated rom with MMS images put back along with a possible fix for the DRM issue per phillykpax.

Edited by yardi4life

There is rotationsupport.lnk file in the Windows\Startup that might prevent rotation if you remove it.

No, don't need reg settings. If they're supposed to show as clips then all is well. I just hadn't noticed that before.

I'm enabling the Scalendar panel, but it insists that the date is the 7th and won't show upcoming appointments for today or the 7th. But when opened, it opens to the correct day. Do you know what may have been edited that it's trying to use to pull this info? Probably something to do with its guid? No big deal if not, I'll track it down eventually...maybe. Perhaps it will correct when the day rolls over here shortly. This is my last issue before i flash to my final and am done. Thanks again for the stellar ROM.

Yeah. Calendar definitely stuck on 2-7, 2-8 date. Weird. If you have a fix I'd be much oblidged. Any way to get a stock ROM registry dump, or can give me some quick instructions on how to make one without flashing?

Edit: Nevermind. To make the Cappointments panel open the Samsung calender change this:

Change this HKLM/software/microsoft/shell/rai/MSCALENDAR

You need to replace: :MSPOUTLOOK calendar with: "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /next

P.S. With "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /next it takes you to the current day.

With "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /all it takes you to your next appointment.

With "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /new it takes you to the appointment creation screen

From the XDA Chome Editor thread.

Edited by Snow02

Guest yardi4life
No, don't need reg settings. If they're supposed to show as clips then all is well. I just hadn't noticed that before.

I'm enabling the Scalendar panel, but it insists that the date is the 7th and won't show upcoming appointments for today or the 7th. But when opened, it opens to the correct day. Do you know what may have been edited that it's trying to use to pull this info? Probably something to do with its guid? No big deal if not, I'll track it down eventually...maybe. Perhaps it will correct when the day rolls over here shortly. This is my last issue before i flash to my final and am done. Thanks again for the stellar ROM.

Yeah. Calendar definitely stuck on 2-7, 2-8 date. Weird. If you have a fix I'd be much oblidged. Any way to get a stock ROM registry dump, or can give me some quick instructions on how to make one without flashing?

Edit: Nevermind. To make the Cappointments panel open the Samsung calender change this:

Change this HKLM/software/microsoft/shell/rai/MSCALENDAR

You need to replace: :MSPOUTLOOK calendar with: "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /next

P.S. With "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /next it takes you to the current day.

With "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /all it takes you to your next appointment.

With "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /new it takes you to the appointment creation screen

From the XDA Chome Editor thread.

Is Scalendar different from CApppointment?

The calendar shows fine for me (sync with exchange). Right now it is showing my next appointments. I'm uploading 23534 today.

Guest das7771

Last night I tried to flash all three of your roms and each time my phone froze during the initial start up after flashing. I tried soft reset and a hard reset and still got the same results. When the xda_uc screen appears it will stay on for about 5 minutes. Then the today screen tries to appear but the phone will just freeze. All I get is a black screen with the soft buttons at the bottom. Not sure if this has some thing to do with XDA_UC. I flashed back to ninja4hire's rom and it is working with no problems so it is not my phone, at least I do not think so.

Also, do you have any idea when you might be releasing a lite rom. It would be nice to have the xt9 keyboard left in as I prefer that over swype. Thanks for you efforts.

Edited by das7771

Guest yardi4life
Last night I tried to flash all three of your roms and each time my phone froze during the initial start up after flashing. I tried soft reset and a hard reset and still got the same results. When the xda_uc screen appears it will stay on for about 5 minutes. Then the today screen tries to appear but the phone will just freeze. All I get is a black screen with the soft buttons at the bottom. Not sure if this has some thing to do with XDA_UC. I flashed back to ninja4hire's rom and it is working with no problems so it is not my phone, at least I do not think so.

Also, do you have any idea when you might be releasing a lite rom. It would be nice to have the xt9 keyboard left in as I prefer that over swype. Thanks for you efforts.

Just press the top bar when it appears. That will cause the today screen to load. I'm working on a solution for that.

Guest yardi4life

28230 - Has updated IE and themes and then some (I guess)

23534 - Has Office 2010 beta and updated Outlook. I updated this build with themes from 28230.

In first post

No visual changes since previous builds

Edited by yardi4life

Guest compnird
28230 - Has updated IE and themes and then some (I guess)

23534 - Has Office 2010 beta and updated Outlook. I updated this build with themes from 28230.

In first post

No visual changes since previous builds

23534 gives an error when I try to download. Looks like a dead link.

Is Scalendar different from CApppointment?

The calendar shows fine for me (sync with exchange). Right now it is showing my next appointments. I'm uploading 23534 today.

Yeah, they're different. CAppointment uses windows mobile calendar app. SCalendar uses samsung calendar app (which is nicer imho). But the above fix allows the CAppointment panel to open the samsung calendar app, so all is well. The functionality isn't perfect this way, but well enough for me. So no worries. Thanks.

Guest yardi4life
Yeah, the .7z links don't work. They show as being present in the rom directory, but the links are dead.

Try again. I updated the web server MIME types to enable 7z downloads.

Guest yardi4life
just tried again still doesnt work

I cannot restart the server right now. So I'm going to rename the files with .rar extension.

FYI: I just tried 7z and Winrar with the file using .rar extension and it extracted no problem.

EDIT 3/10/2010: I restarted the server finally. 7z extension are 7z compress files again.

Edited by yardi4life

Guest odeveca25

great! downloaded no problem, installed 23534 only issue i had was with marketplace. it said there was an error and it couldnt coonect to the server. Please check your data connection and try again. besides that everything else including internet is working fine.

Guest haveitnow

Finally bit the bullet and installed this ROM, VERY NICE!!! Only comment is I would add the front page that the first time you startup you have to click the title bar to get the UI to load. I know it's been discussed in this forum but its kinda burried and very disconcerting.

Otherwise great job, everything worked out of the box except gps(had to switch com port).

Guest yardi4life
23534 is 170 MB vs. 194 MB for 23529. Did you remove anything that will be noticeable?

I gonna have to say u are mistaken. Unless I mistakenly uploaded the lite rom I was working on.

Guest yardi4life
great! downloaded no problem, installed 23534 only issue i had was with marketplace. it said there was an error and it couldnt coonect to the server. Please check your data connection and try again. besides that everything else including internet is working fine.

Marketplace is working for me. Try a soft-reset. It probably already resolved itself since u posted the message.

Guest das7771

Camera options are not visible in all roms. The camera itself works fine but if you go to the camera settings all selections are blank, and most of them you can select but nothing pops up, all of the selection boxes in the menu are just white with no text. I have reflashed, hard reset and soft reset and nothing seems to work.