Scary Liquid?Scary Screen!Horrible Pictures!

Guest hearthewind

Guest Jelba
well, mine came back repaired today :)

neither expansys nor acer sent me a mail that it's being sent back, but i'm happy to have it back after well over one month.

too bad that i played a lot with it today, as i'm writing an important exam tomorrow^^

Can you tell us how much did you pay to repair de LCD? Because the after sales service only talked about the 30€ of the transportations!

Thks

Guest petrosy

So I am also having issues with my handset. It seems that the bottom right corner is begining to discolour. Its ever so slight but clearly visable to me. What is the requirement for replacement / repair as i would hate to send my device all teh way to Europe only to be told there is nothing wrong with it.

Guest ma4000
Can you tell us how much did you pay to repair de LCD?

I only payed the 6 euros to send it to Expansys,they sent it to Acer and got it repaired. :-)

Guest iakonadub

So, what are the rest of you doing with your acer liquids with leaking/broken screens?

Mine was purchased from clove technology so I'm going to give them a call to see what can be done.

Guest Jelba
So, what are the rest of you doing with your acer liquids with leaking/broken screens?

Mine was purchased from clove technology so I'm going to give them a call to see what can be done.

Hi,

Mine was picked by DHL last week, with destination Barcelona, Spain. The transport is free. Acer Portugal, admitted that the leak screen is covered by the warranty! This off course was only accomplished after reaching a very competent and helpful worker named Cristina in Italy that i found via google.

Cumps

Guest iakonadub
Hi,

Mine was picked by DHL last week, with destination Barcelona, Spain. The transport is free. Acer Portugal, admitted that the leak screen is covered by the warranty! This off course was only accomplished after reaching a very competent and helpful worker named Cristina in Italy that i found via google.

Cumps

Yeah, sending mine back to clove technology and they will send it back to Acer UK. No, acer US to do repairs on it as it hasn't been released here.

Guest schprlock
Hi,

Cumps

Mine too. After I mailed Cristina, I received a mail with my points as a cc, the "to" field being Acer Portugal. A few minutes later I received an apology from Acer Portugal where they asked me for my phone number. I gave it to them and within 5 minutes I received a phone call with instructions to send it to Barcelona, for free. Now I play the waiting game...

Hopefully they will not only fix the leak but also make fix the problem so it doesn't happen again. I'll post it here when I get my Liquid back.

Cumps

Guest au_stevo

How did you guys manage to communicate with Acer Italy? I got a generic repsonse back in Italian after writing to them in English, does anyone have a better, more useful email address I can contact?

Thanks.

Hi to all,

I have news...after more than 1 month…it came back, with the screen repaired and with the upgrade of the Android Version, with new languages, and new stuff...I think that´s the same version that´s available on the Acer Site.

I would like to say thanks to Acer, and I think they were very positive in this matter...at least after the initial resistance.

Best

Guest Jelba

Hi there.

My phone was set as "closed" on the Acer customer site yesterday and has just now reached my hands. I'm super happy.

Cristina Rocks! ;)

Cumps.

Edited by Jelba

Guest gstephane

Hello,

Sorry for my English ;o)

This probleme come 'only' with the white version. The front face have a default in right corner of the LCD.

Guest schprlock
Hi there.

My phone was set as "closed" on the Acer customer site yesterday and has just now reached my hands. I'm super happy.

Cristina Rocks! ;)

Cumps.

Hi Jelba,

Z3u5's liquid took more than one month... I was hoping mine would not take that long. It was sent on the 24th of March.

Just as a guide, can you let us know how long it was between when you sent it and when they closed the process?

Thanks.

And again, thanks to Z3u5 for his comments and help.

Guest audiobastard

Ok, just one thing. How come all you folks talk about getting in contact with acer italy, but then no one answers the posts when someone says they are having trouble contacting them. Just an observation. It would be nice if one of you lucky folks could just sort of put a link to what you used to contact acer italy. I'm going to attempt to contact them. Hopefully they'll fix mine too.

Lemme know... this is getting really annoying to look at. Or if someone wants to buy it for 300$ I'm game lol.

My leaking screen

so much for that. I can't even register it.

Edited by audiobastard

Guest Jelba
Hi Jelba,

Z3u5's liquid took more than one month... I was hoping mine would not take that long. It was sent on the 24th of March.

Just as a guide, can you let us know how long it was between when you sent it and when they closed the process?

Thanks.

And again, thanks to Z3u5 for his comments and help.

Hi schprlock,

Mine was picked by DHL at 23/03/2010, arrived in Barcelona 25/03/2010, was set as closed on the 12/04/2010 and arrived on my work place at 13/04/2010.

Hope i clear your doubt about the repair time!

For now i believe only me an Z3u5 in Portugal were able get our phone repaired within the guarentee with the screen situation!

It would be nice to know where the complaines apear and who got the problem solved!

Best Regards.

Guest Jelba
Hello,

Sorry for my English ;o)

This probleme come 'only' with the white version. The front face have a default in right corner of the LCD.

Hello gstephane,

Mine is black! ;)

Best Regards.

Edited by Jelba

Guest gstephane
Hello gstephane,

Mine is black! :P

Best Regards.

It's what i wrote "only" with "".

With the white version, a little little shock on the right up corner and the screen is broken.

I have received a mail from Acer France for my Liquid with the explanation of this problem.

Because, i buy one and out of the box i have the same default. In first time, Acer say it's broken because shocked. Telephone, mail, letters ( ;) ;) ;) ) -> pfff!! Acer say : ok the reality it's a defect white face, send your phone !! Now, i have a letter from Acer France :

PART DESCRIPTION : 60.H480W - 60H480.009 COVER.UPP.W - LCM.KEYPAD

Regards.

Sorry for my poor english (i have learn with a dictionnary for understand what i read on internet :P .

Guest schprlock
Hi schprlock,

Mine was picked by DHL at 23/03/2010, arrived in Barcelona 25/03/2010, was set as closed on the 12/04/2010 and arrived on my work place at 13/04/2010.

For now i believe only me an Z3u5 in Portugal were able get our phone repaired within the guarentee with the screen situation!

It would be nice to know where the complaines apear and who got the problem solved!

Best Regards.

Hello Jelba,

Mine was sent one day before yours, but the trip to Barcelona lasted for a whole week. Anyway, the process showed as "open" until today. Now it says "under repair", so I hope it will be quick now... And I hope it doesn't take them another week to bring it back... One day sounds much better. ;)

I will let you guys know as soon as mine arrives. Hopefully I'll be the third person from Portugal to get his phone fixed. And I hope Acer starts solving the problem for everybody.

Cheers.

Guest au_stevo

Help please on how to get in contact with them? Navigating the site in Italian is pretty hard. Also, what would think they if I sent them a Liquid with modified custom firmware?

Guest audiobastard
Help please on how to get in contact with them? Navigating the site in Italian is pretty hard. Also, what would think they if I sent them a Liquid with modified custom firmware?

They would destroy all that you know and love. Just flash a stock rom before you send it back. DL it from the acer.mobile website and your good to go.

I'm gonna call acer and try to get my phone registered. I don't understand why my serial number won't go through. Hopefully, they'll be cool about it since pretty much all my computers are acer.

Guest schprlock

Hi audiobastard,

My answer to you question may be yes and no.

Before Acer accepted to fix my Liquid (it took a while and lots of emails), they gave me the address of the company that repairs Acer gear when out of warranty. I did not accept the repair because the price was absurd, but they offered to sell the replacement screen or the screen plus mounting.

The part you need (maybe you can also google for it) is 60.H480W.008, COVER.UPP.W/LCM.KEYPAD.BLACK. At least that's what they told me.

Now for the bad news:

1 . I am from Portugal. So the company is in Portugal. I don't know if they will sell it worldwide or if the may give you the address for another supplier.

2. The price, as mentioned before, is high... Almost as high as a new phone. €141.55+VAT (20%) for the replacement part, plus €40+VAT for assembly.

Anyway, the company is Deccare - Sistemas de Informação, Lda : http://www.deccare.pt/

You may want to ask them if they will send you a replacement screen or if they can provide you with the name of a company closer to you that can.

Best of luck,

Regards

Guest bluesky5889

seems things are getting better now, the number is reducing right? I myself dropped Liquid from my table once, but I seems alright till now. Though for me, what really annoy me is some dust....somehow get into the screen...

Guest schprlock
Hi schprlock,

Best Regards.

Great news (for me, anyway, but I guess for everybody following this thread too). I just picked mine today from DHL. They tried to deliver it yesterday but nobody was home, so they called me and I picked it up myself (otherwise I would have had to wait until Monday).

So, one more from Portugal.

The phone is fixed, new screen. Unfortunately the old screen had my screen protector on, and they didn't send that back. Also, although it was wrapped in bubble-wrap, inside a box, both the phone and the battery cover were loose, partially outside the bubble-wrap. One of the pins that holds the battery cover in place was broken. Although the cover holds, it swings a bit, now. I sent an email to Acer asking for replacements, hopefully they will send them cost free.

Anyway, even with these minor details, Acer customer support was amazing, after the initial bumps. I really hope they keep this attitude.

Best of luck to all who are waiting for repairs and thanks again for all the help I received from people in this thread.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest khamees79

Well, I joined you guys today.

I have mailed expansys now, lets see what they say,

in the mean time, can anyone give me the email address of Christina in Acer Italy?

Thanks