Samsung WidgetPlus for Lite rom user (updated on 02/21/10)

Guest NewForce

Guest GanjaShelter

hi!

is it possible to add the old 3 smal gray/white bars??

is it also possible to delete the sound strings, if the exist? i mean this anoying sound if you click on a widget.

k.r.

Edited by GanjaShelter

Guest GanjaShelter
Hi NewForce,

Like I had said earlier, installing two widgetplus makes it work on the latest kstan rom. Am attaching the widgetplus cab that I have. Installing this one over your version or vice versa, either ways makes it work on the today screen. If your version is installed later, the '1,2,3' pages numbers are visible on today screen. If the other can is installed on top of your cab, then '---' are seen in place of those page numbers. So ideally both when installed together work fine.

Strange thing to note is that in the Today item selection, it shows only one widgetplus. And if either of the versions is uninstalled, it doesnt show up at all in the Today item selection, even though remove program shows that one version is still installed. Also, after it is working fine, if either version is uninstalled, it starts exhibiting same behaviour as before, appearing and vanishing from today screen. Hence it seems like each of those two cabs have files that support the other.

Am trying to upload the widgetplus file after splitting it through winzip, but get an error that am not permitted to upload this type of file. Is it possible for me to email you the cab file?

Francis.

hi

pls can you give me the cab?

can you upload it or sent me by mail pls?

kind regards

Guest NewForce
hi!

is it possible to add the old 3 smal gray/white bars??

is it also possible to delete the sound strings, if the exist? i mean this anoying sound if you click on a widget.

k.r.

Too bad, couldn't help you on this as I did not keep the older rom version WidgetPlus files with me anymore.

Anyway, I at least able to help you to silent all those WidgetPlus clicking sounds, which I had exactly the same feeling like yours.

Please try to installed my file below. Enjoy! :D

WidgetPlus_Menu_Sounds_Off.cab

Guest bravogee

can we use the widgetplus no-icon on kstan JB1 rom? or does the rom have to be Lite? i tried looking for the widgetplus swf file in windows folder of my O2 on KstanJB1 and i couldnt find it . . pls enlighten . . tnx

Guest NewForce
can we use the widgetplus no-icon on kstan JB1 rom? or does the rom have to be Lite? i tried looking for the widgetplus swf file in windows folder of my O2 on KstanJB1 and i couldnt find it . . pls enlighten . . tnx

bravogee,

All Lite roms has remove Samsung WidgetPlus app and all it files, that's why you couldn't find them in the Windows folder.

So in order for you to use WidgetPlus you'll need to,

1. Installed my Samsung WidgetPlus installation file on th 1st post.

2. After install my WidgetPlus, download the no page icon WidgetPlus.swf at 19th post, and extract it to Windows folder.

3. Activate only Samsung WidgetPlus in, Settings > Display and Light > Items on Today.

Guest GanjaShelter
Too bad, couldn't help you on this as I did not keep the older rom version WidgetPlus files with me anymore.

Anyway, I at least able to help you to silent all those WidgetPlus clicking sounds, which I had exactly the same feeling like yours.

Please try to installed my file below. Enjoy! :D

WidgetPlus_Menu_Sounds_Off.cab

thank you soooo much :D

but is it also without the numbered squares on top? that will be perfect! :lol:

/edit: will i be allowed to share your and the other apps with the german omnia-comunity?

/edit2: i have the original rom with widgetplus on it, could i install yours easy over? or can you give me the files you have been modified?

Edited by GanjaShelter

Guest NewForce
thank you soooo much :D

but is it also without the numbered squares on top? that will be perfect! :lol:

/edit: will i be allowed to share your and the other apps with the german omnia-comunity?

/edit2: i have the original rom with widgetplus on it, could i install yours easy over? or can you give me the files you have been modified?

GanjaShelter,

No problem at all.

You can download the WidgetPlus file with no page icons on top from 19th post.

Just in case you missed it, I've paste it here again, WidgetPlus No Icon flash file

After download, extract it to Windows folder to replace the original file.

post-31662-1265815592_thumb.jpg

For distributing my apps, YES YOU CAN. Please go ahead and share them in any German forum. :D

I haven't try to install my version of WidgetPlus on original rom, but think you can do that.

Please let me know if you encounter problem. Thanks!

Edited by NewForce

Guest bravogee

Sir, i am on full KSTan JB1 rom. i installed the SamsungPlius cab file and afterwards pasted the widgetplus swf file to windows folder but the numbers on today screen are still there. pls help . . shall i flash a lite rom? @francis: i love your screenshots, how did you do it? what rom? tnx

Guest NewForce
Sir, i am on full KSTan JB1 rom. i installed the SamsungPlius cab file and afterwards pasted the widgetplus swf file to windows folder but the numbers on today screen are still there. pls help . . shall i flash a lite rom? @francis: i love your screenshots, how did you do it? what rom? tnx

You'll need to,

1. Disable Samsung WidgetPlus in Items on Today.

2. Install WidgetPlus app that I'd packed.

3. Extract the WidgetPlus.swf file in "WidgetPlus No Icon flash" rar file to Windows folder.

4. Restart your Omnia2.

5. Re-enable Samsung WidgetPlus in Items on Today.

Guest bravogee
You'll need to,

1. Disable Samsung WidgetPlus in Items on Today.

2. Install WidgetPlus app that I'd packed.

3. Extract the WidgetPlus.swf file in "WidgetPlus No Icon flash" rar file to Windows folder.

4. Restart your Omnia2.

5. Re-enable Samsung WidgetPlus in Items on Today.

thank you very much for response. sorry but after doing all of above the numbers on today screen are still there

Guest NewForce
i cannot add new widget, the system cannot extract the .wgt file? any idea why?

thanks.

I've found trouble to pack that app function into my pack WidgetPus installation file so I hd left it out.

Now I had found where the trouble are. Will re-upload a new JB1 version by Today. Staty tune.... :D

Guest NewForce

02/21/10 update,

I had repacked the Samsung WidgetPlus installation file on top post with files from secany JB1 rom. It's now,

Samsung WidgetPlus JB1 022010 [NewForce]. Enjoy!

Guest francis_fds

Dear Newforce,

Nice to see an update from you, based on the new ROM. Once again thanks for all the efforts you put in.

Francis

02/21/10 update,

I had repacked the Samsung WidgetPlus installation file on top post with files from secany JB1 rom. It's now,

Samsung WidgetPlus JB1 022010 [NewForce]. Enjoy!

Guest GanjaShelter

hi!

i have noticed with this version of widgetplus if i press phonebook the keyboard appears instantly.

can somone fix this?

or can you share the older version of widgetplus with ability to add widgets?

k.r.

@.@Ganja@.@

Edited by GanjaShelter

Guest NewForce

I'm on KSTAN 23518/23529 lite rom did not see this happening. Which rom you're using?

Also, personally I don't think WidgetPlus have anything to do with keyboard pop-up thing.

Other bros & sis have the same problem like bro GanjaShelter?

Guest GanjaShelter
I'm on KSTAN 23518/23529 lite rom did not see this happening. Which rom you're using?

Also, personally I don't think WidgetPlus have anything to do with keyboard pop-up thing.

Other bros & sis have the same problem like bro GanjaShelter?

i have a german ja5 lite rom from tom33.

have noticed that this keyboard-popup only appears since the new WidgetPlus (JB1)! maybe there is a command to the phonebook so the keyboard pops up.

have noticed this problem also in the original JB1 version so i think it the problem must be the new WidgetPlus.

but have someone a working WidgetPlus version JA5 or JA1 with ability to add widgets?

k.r.

@.@Ganja@.@

Guest NewForce
i have a german ja5 lite rom from tom33.

have noticed that this keyboard-popup only appears since the new WidgetPlus (JB1)! maybe there is a command to the phonebook so the keyboard pops up.

have noticed this problem also in the original JB1 version so i think it the problem must be the new WidgetPlus.

but have someone a working WidgetPlus version JA5 or JA1 with ability to add widgets?

k.r.

@.@Ganja@.@

GanjaShelter,

Because of your encountering, I had re-flashed my Omnia2 with Khuanchai i8000KC21889A5 Lite.

I had installed my WidgetPlus JB1 version immediately after complete booted.

When I presses the phonebook softkey I did not saw the keyboard appears instantly.

This is even with Khuanchai default "HKCU\ControlPanel\SIP" "TurnOffAutoDeploy" set to 0.

Maybe it was because I previously flashed my Omnia2 with secany JB1 ROM, Eboot, Phone & PDA 3parts that make the trick.

You should try to flashed the same 3 ROM parts like what I did to see if it helps.

Below screenshot for my device version JB1 Eboot & Phone + Khuanchai i8000KC21889A5 Lite parts (CSC still sticked with Singapore J2)

post-31662-1266980159_thumb.png

Guest GanjaShelter
GanjaShelter,

Because of your encountering, I had re-flashed my Omnia2 with Khuanchai i8000KC21889A5 Lite.

I had installed my WidgetPlus JB1 version immediately after complete booted.

When I presses the phonebook softkey I did not saw the keyboard appears instantly.

This is even with Khuanchai default "HKCU\ControlPanel\SIP" "TurnOffAutoDeploy" set to 0.

Maybe it was because I previously flashed my Omnia2 with secany JB1 ROM, Eboot, Phone & PDA 3parts that make the trick.

You should try to flashed the same 3 ROM parts like what I did to see if it helps.

Below screenshot for my device version JB1 Eboot & Phone + Khuanchai i8000KC21889A5 Lite parts (CSC still sticked with Singapore J2)

post-31662-1266980159_thumb.png

hi!

have looked into my registry to this key and there is already a 0 set.

its bit strange, because i've also flashed multiple times and it seems this keyboard-popup appears only on the original JB1-ROMS and if i install the WidgetPlus vJB1. very strange.

can it be that this is specified in the language? because im german. and i've never heard from an other languaged rom that this keyboard-popup appeared. if its so, how i could change this?

to your screenshot:

why you have so an old .csc on your phone? ahh, k, singapore. but why have you mixed JA5, IJ2 and JB1?

k.r.

@.@Ganja@.@

Edited by GanjaShelter