WiFi Issue

Guest meabigbaldguy

Guest meabigbaldguy

Sometimes, the WiFi option doesn't even show up in the Wireless Manager so that I can turn it on. And if I go directly to the WiFi options in the Settings Menu, I can turn it on there, but it appears to search, but then immediately turns itself off.

Any ideas? I'm sure that I haven't broken or tweaked anything about it. I'm still running an original ROM.

Guest enrico988
Sometimes, the WiFi option doesn't even show up in the Wireless Manager so that I can turn it on. And if I go directly to the WiFi options in the Settings Menu, I can turn it on there, but it appears to search, but then immediately turns itself off.

Any ideas? I'm sure that I haven't broken or tweaked anything about it. I'm still running an original ROM.

I noticed this issue only when i'm attached by usb to my computer. Maybe you encountered in that situation too.

Guest HAL_9000

Hello, I had this problem too on original 6.5 ROM.

And I solved it by this procedure, which I find on web:

I was having problems with Wifi and WMWifirouter was definitely the cuplrit so i've now done the steps below and have Wifi back without having to do a hard rest. One of the other threads (Alternative Interface thread i think) had the link at the bottom and today i saw this....

If you have WMWIFIRouter and your WIFI Disappear, try this 1. Soft reset 2. Do a wmwifirouter cleanup (run it and chose the cleanup if you have this installed) 3. Open programs task manager - now close everything.. wtf is activesync there! ^*(*&)(&^%*$ 4. Open the samsung wifi widget from the samsung today screen (as stated above, drag out, and click)… 5. Turn on wifi. It seems it wont work. 6. Turn off bluetooth, phone, wifi, then turn all back on. 7. After wifi times out TRY AGAIN, as it is trying, SOFT RESET (right away). 8. When it comes back on, immediately try Wifi On again.

But wifi sometimes disapeared again ;) Now I upgraded on last JA5 Secany ROM and problem is probably gone.

I can only recommend you upgrade on last ROM!

Guest meabigbaldguy
Hello, I had this problem too on original 6.5 ROM.

And I solved it by this procedure, which I find on web:

I was having problems with Wifi and WMWifirouter was definitely the cuplrit so i've now done the steps below and have Wifi back without having to do a hard rest. One of the other threads (Alternative Interface thread i think) had the link at the bottom and today i saw this....

If you have WMWIFIRouter and your WIFI Disappear, try this 1. Soft reset 2. Do a wmwifirouter cleanup (run it and chose the cleanup if you have this installed) 3. Open programs task manager - now close everything.. wtf is activesync there! ^*(*&)(&^%*$ 4. Open the samsung wifi widget from the samsung today screen (as stated above, drag out, and click)… 5. Turn on wifi. It seems it wont work. 6. Turn off bluetooth, phone, wifi, then turn all back on. 7. After wifi times out TRY AGAIN, as it is trying, SOFT RESET (right away). 8. When it comes back on, immediately try Wifi On again.

But wifi sometimes disapeared again ;) Now I upgraded on last JA5 Secany ROM and problem is probably gone.

I can only recommend you upgrade on last ROM!

Thanks, HAL. What you're saying makes sense to me. I was looking for WiFi router and it too is no longer present, although I'm absolutely certain that it once was. Besides, the problem seems to be random; however, it seems to spend more time... not present at all. I'm guessing it has to be some sort of driver issue related to the ROM.

Is there anyone else who can verify this?

Guest deepower

Hi all,

I experience this problem nearly every day. my solution is to use Rstein's wifiprofiles3 (i cant really remember its name, should be something similar to wifiprofiles) simply create a new profile:

*DHCP = Yes

*Net Adapter = SWLDM201

*Enable wifi = Yes

*Reset proxy = No

*Unattended mode No Change

dont change the other values which are not included in the section above.

The app should be around here, if not, then check XDA-Devs. And please support the coder of this app.

PS. You can assign a hardware key for the app for quick access. (In my case, im using the one by the camera shutter) also, after enabling wifi once, it will appear in the connection manager (untill you turn off the device)

hope it helps,

dpwr

Edited by deepower

Guest meabigbaldguy

Thanks Deepower. I've found the CAB and will give it shot.

Three's a crowd here, so I'm becoming a bit surprised that it's not mentioned in the other tweak threads. Surely, others have had to experience this with a stock ROM as well.

I love this phone, and it's definitely a step up from the Omnia - and I loved that phone! But there are a few quirks related to the software that just bother me and I'm surprised that Samsung has let them go out like this.... Okay, maybe not too surprised.

Anyway, the WiFi issue is one thing. But another example is that I'm not able to remove installed programs using the Samsung application on the phone. If I install them to MY DEVICE, it'll work fine. But when installed to STORAGE CARD or MY STORAGE, they don't show up in the list at all. This is a shame because I actually like the look of the Samsung app. I'd switch to a custom ROM, but for me it's a bit too premature at this point. For me, the available ROMS seem too light - although the Chefs do deserve the proper credit - they do a good service otherwise! ;)

Back to the point... anyone else with some comments or similar experience - perhaps even some clarification from a chef who may know what this anomaly is?

Guest meabigbaldguy

WiFiprofiles seems to be a perfect work around for this problem. When I start my device, the Wifi doesn't show up, but once I run the profiles program and enable DHCP and apply the profile, WiFi will reappear in the Comm Manager. However, I'm still not able to turn it on from there... just yet. I have to go directly to WiFi Settings, turn on WiFi, let it detect my network, and then it works just fine until the next time I shut down my device. If you ask me, it's really not too much of a hassle.

There is another thread in this forum where many other people post the exact same problem, so it's obviously a Samsung thing. I just hope that Samsung will fix it, but that may be hoping for too much. ;)

Thank you, deepower and cpinila, for the recommendation of Wifiprofiles!

@ HAL_9000,

You really should give this a try! So far it works 100% of the time for me.

Guest HAL_9000

It looks like an interesting procedure...thanks ;) I have to write down it.

So far on my JA5 ROM works everything OK. I hope that the wifi not disappear again like on oficial ROM.

• 1 month later...
Guest yorkhoh

I'm so glad I found this thread this time. Last time it happened to me - I had the original ROM (WM6.1) the phone came with, then when it screwed up I flashed the phone to WM6.5

Now using:-

PDA: I8000NXXJA5

CSC: I8000XEUJA5

PHONE: I8000XXJA3

Using mainly SPB Mobile Shell and using the shortcut from the original skin/theme to activate wifi.

Then, I remember installing a few programs, and removing some others (particularly TCPMP) and all was working okay, and then I did a soft reset (through SBP Mobile).

Then, had the same problems as reported with the wifi issue on the JA5 rom also. Definitely noticed that my wifi settings had removed my preset profiles.

In particular, when I go to

SETTINGS-NETWORK SETTINGS-WIFI

click on MENU-MS SETTINGS

The WIRELESS tab was gone and missing. Only the NETWORK ADAPTERS tab was there.

Was in the process of getting Wifi Profiles 0.0.5 and tried out some of the OTHER solutions.

The one that worked for me was:

6. Turn off bluetooth, phone, wifi, then turn all back on. 7. After wifi times out TRY AGAIN, as it is trying, SOFT RESET (right away). 8. When it comes back on, immediately try Wifi On again.

Not entirely sure what SOFT RESET refers to here, but since I couldn't get back out into the menu system to do a SOFT RESET (through SPB Mobile) I held down the power (end/hang up) key for a couple seconds. After switching the device back on the WIFI settings came back and all is well.

Thank you all for your contribution and solutions.