[ROM]Ninja4hire *Black vs. Blue* (DG21) v9.5m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest cfiore79
Did you go into wmdc connection setting and check "allow usb"???

also phone it self. you have to check allow active sync in usb setting

:P :D

yeah ive switched it back to those settings still no luck.

Guest Ninja4Hire
yeah ive switched it back to those settings still no luck.

Well you can try either hard resetting your phone to see if that is the problem, or flashing any of our custom roms here first using octans (full). I'm thinking if it's a issue with your phone, maybe another rom or a rest will fix it. If it's an issue with device center, you may want to uninstall and then reinstall.

good luck.

Guest cfiore79
Well you can try either hard resetting your phone to see if that is the problem, or flashing any of our custom roms here first using octans (full). I'm thinking if it's a issue with your phone, maybe another rom or a rest will fix it. If it's an issue with device center, you may want to uninstall and then reinstall.

good luck.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the mobile device center and hard reset the phone. Its running your version 6 rom currently which i flashed using the full octans downloader.

I dont think I can flash a new rom with out the device being recognized by the computer or am i mistaken? I'm perplexed.

The phone is great I just want to upgrade it to the new rom you have out.

Guest Ninja4Hire
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the mobile device center and hard reset the phone. Its running your version 6 rom currently which i flashed using the full octans downloader.

I dont think I can flash a new rom with out the device being recognized by the computer or am i mistaken? I'm perplexed.

The phone is great I just want to upgrade it to the new rom you have out.

Hmm. yeah if you have not done the samsung dc23 update yet, then yes you will need device center/active sync to recognize your phone I believe. If you have already done that, then octans should recognize even if device center doesn't. I am not to sure about vista and win 7 because I can never get those to flash right. I always use xp.

I think a couple people are having this issue so lets figure this out....

When you plug your phone in what does not know your connected, the phone or the computer or both?

Do you see the phone connected when you look in your "My Computer"?

Have you tried uninstalling any other samsung related programs or drivers (samsung CDMA modem, winxp driver, Samsung MITs USB)?

Guest kdkinc

I had a problem going to dc23 also .

What seemed to help me was to plug my usb into another port then try dc23 upgrade.

When I went to flash a new rom I had to use the old port, I know weird.....

Guest kdkinc

minor issue:

I'm using XDA 7.3.7

When I bootup I get a "my info" bar . I have to tap it so phone will continue bootup. ( I have show info "unchecked" in setting)

If I don't tap screen the phone times out and screen goes black buttons have no effect .

I have to do a Mcyver reset using the stylus.

Then life goes on...any suggestions ??

Ps XDA 7.3.7 runs fine for me I like the KB better

Guest MrTex
Hmm. yeah if you have not done the samsung dc23 update yet, then yes you will need device center/active sync to recognize your phone I believe. If you have already done that, then octans should recognize even if device center doesn't. I am not to sure about vista and win 7 because I can never get those to flash right. I always use xp.

When you plug your phone in what does not know your connected, the phone or the computer or both?

Have you tried uninstalling any other samsung related programs or drivers (samsung CDMA modem, winxp driver, Samsung MITs USB)?

Yes I am having same problem as well, have tried everything I can think of, usb\activesync not working ever since I installed DC23 update. I called Samsung Tech Support(Level 3), still unable to fix. They sent me new usb cable still have same problem. Technician thinks problem is with phone after I installed DC23 update, drivers are not being installed from phone to windows when usb is plugged in. I will call Tech Supprt on Monday again to try to resolve.

Guest cfiore79

The computer doesn't know its connected. When I plug the usb into the port I get the data arrows icon on the phones taskbar.

Phone icon shows up in my computer for less than a second and disappears. Phone also freezes up at this point and I have to pull the battery.

I haven't tried unistalling those programs or drivers yet. I'll try it and see whats happening.

Guest Ninja4Hire
minor issue:

I'm using XDA 7.3.7

When I bootup I get a "my info" bar . I have to tap it so phone will continue bootup. ( I have show info "unchecked" in setting)

If I don't tap screen the phone times out and screen goes black buttons have no effect .

I have to do a Mcyver reset using the stylus.

Then life goes on...any suggestions ??

Ps XDA 7.3.7 runs fine for me I like the KB better

"my info" bar? did you install any programs using xda_uc? I'm not sure where that would be coming from

Guest kdkinc
"my info" bar? did you install any programs using xda_uc? I'm not sure where that would be coming from

yes I used XDA_uc without a problem nothing changed in XDA from past XDA uses.

Its not a killer issue just weird I can survive until your next creation. :P

:D :P

EDIT:

Did a hard reset didn't use XDA_uc . Added a few program from Marketplace, No Issues.

I'll add one program at a time from XDA folder tomorrow and see if I can create the problem.

As a after thought I had added my owner name via samsung setting last time where I usually use the window setting owner name panel. Can't see that being a issue but just a thought...

Edited by kdkinc

Guest cfiore79

still no device center recognition.

I've tried all suggestions with no luck.

I'm officially sad.

I'm also encountering a pop up when the phone is powered saying adc.exe could not be found.

Edited by cfiore79

Guest Ninja4Hire
still no device center recognition.

I've tried all suggestions with no luck.

I'm officially sad.

I'm also encountering a pop up when the phone is powered saying adc.exe could not be found.

Man that sucks!! I wish I had the answer to why it's not working. Have you tried flashing a different rom? Maybe an older version of mine, or even AMD's rom.

Also adc.exe should be in your /windows folder. If it is not there, let me know. I'm not exactly sure what it's for, but I think it stands for "Auto Data Config".

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest Ninja4Hire

"Ninja4hire i920 (DC23) ROM v7.5" update coming today hopefully. ( theme will now have white selected text instead of black, plus some other little fixes). Not sure about active sync issues, since I can't duplicate.

--------------

Also I am putting out the "v0.1" for my OmniaPhone7 rom. Still knee deep in throttle launcher configuring, so it won't be on the build yet. Here is a quick screen shot.

op7_1.png

Off to Lunch!

Guest amdzero

That windows 7 theme looks sweet! I tried to load throttle launcher and then the standard win7 theme but it wouldn't take.

Guest snapz54
little screeny of the new rom I'm working on. I am gonna update the Black/Blue and the Today roms pretty soon. I have just been eagle visioned on this lately.

post-327098-1272994848_thumb.png

did this turn into the modded titanium we see above? or is this still in the works

Guest Ninja4Hire
did this turn into the modded titanium we see above? or is this still in the works

EDIT: I just re-read your question and the answer is YES. What you see above is the same windows 7 rom I am working on. I have not added the throttle launch and the windows phone 7 theme yet. I want to work out all the bugs with just the base of the rom first.

What I plan on doing is offering the rom like this, and letting the user load throttle launch and cab in my theme. I figure some people are not going to like the WP7 look, but may still want the rom. Plus loading all that stuff makes the rom extra heavy. It will also include Office 2010, and bing(optional)

If you wanna try the rom in it's beta form , just let me know and I will PM you a link.

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest surgex
"Ninja4hire i920 (DC23) ROM v7.5" update coming today hopefully. ( theme will now have white selected text instead of black, plus some other little fixes). Not sure about active sync issues, since I can't duplicate.

--------------

Also I am putting out the "v0.1" for my OmniaPhone7 rom. Still knee deep in throttle launcher configuring, so it won't be on the build yet. Here is a quick screen shot.

op7_1.png

Off to Lunch!

Sweet!!

Guest levytv

mr. ninja - is there any place i can access the regular 7.5 rom with the regular swype keyboard? the xda one is missing the @ key on the front page and it makes me crazy having to switch pages. i tried an old cab and it did not work. thanks very much. nice job again.

Guest Ninja4Hire
mr. ninja - is there any place i can access the regular 7.5 rom with the regular swype keyboard? the xda one is missing the @ key on the front page and it makes me crazy having to switch pages. i tried an old cab and it did not work. thanks very much. nice job again.

I will get you a download link tomorrow.

Guest MontanaIrishman

Is there a way to change the text color in text messaging to something other than white? It only seems to work when the background is black on this ROM and not sure how to change. I can see the Me, but no text is displayed, because it is all white text on white background. As soon as I change to the Black or Blue background, it works fine.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Is there a way to change the text color in text messaging to something other than white? It only seems to work when the background is black on this ROM and not sure how to change. I can see the Me, but no text is displayed, because it is all white text on white background. As soon as I change to the Black or Blue background, it works fine.

in order to change the text color, you need to edit the iframe_style.css found in your /windows folder. Hopefully you know a little CSS

the names and date is found under:a.in:link, a.in:visited, a.out:link, a.out:visited

the chat text is found under: div.read, div.unread

to change the colors you will need to add: color:#dadcdd !important; under one of those sections.

It may take some playing around, so save you original just incase.

Guest MontanaIrishman
in order to change the text color, you need to edit the iframe_style.css found in your /windows folder. Hopefully you know a little CSS

the names and date is found under:a.in:link, a.in:visited, a.out:link, a.out:visited

the chat text is found under: div.read, div.unread

to change the colors you will need to add: color:#dadcdd !important; under one of those sections.

It may take some playing around, so save you original just incase.

I thought that the theme should take care of that? I went back and tested a couple times. If I chose the classic theme, I get white on white background. The black and blue themes work great. I just like a black on white theme, especially for email.