[ROM]Ninja4hire *Black vs. Blue* (DG21) v9.5m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest Ninja4Hire
I thought that the theme should take care of that? I went back and tested a couple times. If I chose the classic theme, I get white on white background. The black and blue themes work great. I just like a black on white theme, especially for email.

Sorry I must of misunderstood. Are you saying that when you change the theme to classic blue, the backgrounds are white, but so is the text? To my knowledge the text color is based on the theme you are using unless specifically changed in a sms skin. So if you are using the black background themes all text should be white, but when you are using the classic theme all text is black.

If you can, can you post up a screen shot of what you are talking about.

below I have the messaging screen with the classic blue theme(left) and the black theme(right)

post-327098-1274115814_thumb.png

Guest cfiore79
Man that sucks!! I wish I had the answer to why it's not working. Have you tried flashing a different rom? Maybe an older version of mine, or even AMD's rom.

Also adc.exe should be in your /windows folder. If it is not there, let me know. I'm not exactly sure what it's for, but I think it stands for "Auto Data Config".

Yeah it does kind of suck. ADC.exe is still in windows folder I just checked. I just got a new USB cable from Verizon and that didn't fix anything. I'm really thinking that this is all windows vista's fault.

Guest amdzero
Do you have a cab for office mobilethat will run off dc23 and your ninja black and blue?

This is a longshot but did you try to untick the "Enable advanced network functionality" under the USB to PC settings?

I have mine ticked and it works fine, but I remember my old i910 had a problem with activesync/usb storage when this was ticked.

Guest Ninja4Hire
What Operating System are you using?

I currently use XP pro 32, Win 7 ultimate 64 and 32. I also have vista ultimate 64, but it's not installed.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Do you have a cab for office mobilethat will run off dc23 and your ninja black and blue?

I don't have a cab, but you should be able to download the latest office 2010 from the marketplace for free.

Guest jbr05ki
This is a longshot but did you try to untick the "Enable advanced network functionality" under the USB to PC settings?

I have mine ticked and it works fine, but I remember my old i910 had a problem with activesync/usb storage when this was ticked.

I remember that issue with my i910 as well. I found out the culprit was my firewall (Eset Smart Security). Just add ActiveSync or WMDC to the exceptions list and it'll work.

Guest unchoney
I don't have a cab, but you should be able to download the latest office 2010 from the marketplace for free.

Great thank you! I have a problem now with seeing the info when i open up my files saved previously(only when using the ninja blue, which I like, as the theme) any ideas? Also email and chat lines.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Great thank you! I have a problem now with seeing the info when i open up my files saved previously(only when using the ninja blue, which I like, as the theme) any ideas? Also email and chat lines.

what do you mean? Are you saying you can't see the text when using the ninjablue theme? If so have you tried soft resetting your phone? Load up a screen shot if you can, and I will check it out.

Guest unchoney
what do you mean? Are you saying you can't see the text when using the ninjablue theme? If so have you tried soft resetting your phone? Load up a screen shot if you can, and I will check it out.

Thanks for the quick reply! When inputting I can see but text or data already input specifically with excel documents I can not see. Will try to upload screen shot tonight when I get home(if I can figure i how to do it). I love the contrast of the theme so I am hoping you can figure it out!

Guest Ninja4Hire
Thanks for the quick reply! When inputting I can see but text or data already input specifically with excel documents I can not see. Will try to upload screen shot tonight when I get home(if I can figure i how to do it). I love the contrast of the theme so I am hoping you can figure it out!

Is the text invisible, or is it a dark color? Are you are having this problem with only office, or also with text messages and other things?

An easy way to get screen shots is to download and run this program from your PC: www.mymobiler.com. There is an icon on the interface that lets you screen capture.

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest unchoney
Is the text invisible, or is it a dark color? Are you are having this problem with only office, or also with text messages and other things?

An easy way to get screen shots is to download and run this program from your PC: www.mymobiler.com. There is an icon on the interface that lets you screen capture.

Primarily excel.. the area of input is all black but it does show me what is in the box at the top but the box is blacked out with no visible text. Soft reset fixed the email issue but still no luck on excel.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Primarily excel.. the area of input is all black but it does show me what is in the box at the top but the box is blacked out with no visible text. Soft reset fixed the email issue but still no luck on excel.

Ok let me investigate and I will get back to you.

Guest Karmannsport

Awesome rom...just flashed last night. Any way to use the samsung contacts list though? The windows one isn't as nice.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Awesome rom...just flashed last night. Any way to use the samsung contacts list though? The windows one isn't as nice.

You should be able to click on the "My Contacts" soft key on the bottom left of your Today Screen.

Guest Omega Ra

what is the .exe in windows that does open the windows contacts? I want to see if there is a setting to automatically make new contacts list ash First Last instead of Last, First

Guest Ninja4Hire
what is the .exe in windows that does open the windows contacts? I want to see if there is a setting to automatically make new contacts list ash First Last instead of Last, First

Not sure if there is an exe. I think it's "outres.dll" or something like that.

Guest Omega Ra
Not sure if there is an exe. I think it's "outres.dll" or something like that.

can you look at your HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Shell>Rai>Contacts and see what the original entry is...or did you change yours to SECContacts too? lol

Guest unchoney
Ok let me investigate and I will get back to you.

Hi Ninja,

I figured out that if I copy and paste my old docs from excel to a new doc that the text shows up. I think the problem may be I had been using office 2007 when I first set up my original docs in excel from my destop. So I will roll with replacing them with copy and paste to new doc in office 2010! Looking forward to winmo7 when you get it going! Love the ninja blue theme!

Guest Ninja4Hire
can you look at your HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Shell>Rai>Contacts and see what the original entry is...or did you change yours to SECContacts too? lol

This is all I got

post-327098-1274371466_thumb.png

and the start menu shortcut goes here: 21#:MSCONTACTS?outres.dll,-10000

Guest Omega Ra
This is all I got

post-327098-1274371466_thumb.png

and the start menu shortcut goes here: 21#:MSCONTACTS?outres.dll,-10000

that got it, and sadly there is no option for it....

Guest gom99
I currently use XP pro 32, Win 7 ultimate 64 and 32. I also have vista ultimate 64, but it's not installed.

and you're able to sync on all of them?

Guest Ninja4Hire
and you're able to sync on all of them?

Yes.. well I can sync at work on the xp machine and I sync at home on win7 64. I don't do any flashing on win7 tho because I never could get it to work.