[ROM]Ninja4hire *Black vs. Blue* (DG21) v9.5m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest Karmannsport
You should be able to click on the "My Contacts" soft key on the bottom left of your Today Screen.

I can, but it goes to the windows contacts list, not samsung. When you add a contact to txt msg it loads from the samsung one. The ipod like letter serch is nice in the samsung one.

Guest Ninja4Hire
I can, but it goes to the windows contacts list, not samsung. When you add a contact to txt msg it loads from the samsung one. The ipod like letter serch is nice in the samsung one.

I will have to check that out, because the "My Contacts" link from the Today screen should goto the samsung contacts. The only time you should see the default windows contacts is when you click the "contacts" start menu icon.

I am not using my 7.5 rom right now, but I will load it up and test it out when I can.

Guest Karmannsport
I will have to check that out, because the "My Contacts" link from the Today screen should goto the samsung contacts. The only time you should see the default windows contacts is when you click the "contacts" start menu icon.

I am not using my 7.5 rom right now, but I will load it up and test it out when I can.

I was just coming in to post that...it opens contacts instead of phone book. Thanks man! Other than that this is truly a great rom! Since Im here...I can't remember...Will s2u2 override the default touch lock? Im sick of pocket dialing!

Guest Omega Ra
I was just coming in to post that...it opens contacts instead of phone book. Thanks man! Other than that this is truly a great rom! Since Im here...I can't remember...Will s2u2 override the default touch lock? Im sick of pocket dialing!

not if you use the lock button, but if you use VjBrisk to make a link to the s2u2.lnk it will.

Guest Ninja4Hire

Ok I just loaded 7.5 and your right. I must have forgot to fix that in that build. I will get it corrected when I put out the next update pretty soon here.

Guest gom99
Yes.. well I can sync at work on the xp machine and I sync at home on win7 64. I don't do any flashing on win7 tho because I never could get it to work.

Took me a while to it flash it the 1st night on win7 64. The technique is in a thread somewhere if you ever really need it.

But I always thought my syncing woes were a result of win7 64. If that's not the case, then I'll have to investigate further. I tried syncing on my PC and laptop both with win7 64 ultimate and it was a no go. It did manage to get sync'd on a vista 32 machine though, but I still couldn't get my Zune Pass MP3s running on it.

I actually don't really care about the syncing all that much, but I'd like to get this Zune thing working. Like this guy: http://pocketnow.com/how-to/how-to-sync-zu...c-to-your-phone.

Can anyone that can sync check to see if you can get the DRM mp3s playing on your device? There's a 14 day free trial of Zune Pass. Just need to get the client: http://www.zune.net/ and have a windows account.

Edited by gom99

Guest kimjongs

Sorry for the noob-ish questions but I figure it'll be better to ask before I start the pulling on hair journey.

1) I have an old machine running XP SP2. In order to use OCTANS, do I need to update to SP3 first?

2) I am guessing that there is still no drivers to be used with Vista 64-bit OS?

2) Should I apply the DC23 update before flashing Ninja's v7.5m ROM? Didn't realize an update was released until I stumbled on this thread looking for a ROM.

TIA

Guest Ninja4Hire
Took me a while to it flash it the 1st night on win7 64. The technique is in a thread somewhere if you ever really need it.

But I always thought my syncing woes were a result of win7 64. If that's not the case, then I'll have to investigate further. I tried syncing on my PC and laptop both with win7 64 ultimate and it was a no go. It did manage to get sync'd on a vista 32 machine though, but I still couldn't get my Zune Pass MP3s running on it.

I actually don't really care about the syncing all that much, but I'd like to get this Zune thing working. Like this guy: http://pocketnow.com/how-to/how-to-sync-zu...c-to-your-phone.

Can anyone that can sync check to see if you can get the DRM mp3s playing on your device? There's a 14 day free trial of Zune Pass. Just need to get the client: http://www.zune.net/ and have a windows account.

I'll check it out and see what I can do.

Guest damagi

Has anyone else had troubles installing Office Mobile 2010? I tried to do so from marketplace and it fails with this rom. I am using the latest build (Ninja4hire_DC23_21903_v7.5.7z).

Guest Ninja4Hire
Sorry for the noob-ish questions but I figure it'll be better to ask before I start the pulling on hair journey.

1) I have an old machine running XP SP2. In order to use OCTANS, do I need to update to SP3 first?

2) I am guessing that there is still no drivers to be used with Vista 64-bit OS?

2) Should I apply the DC23 update before flashing Ninja's v7.5m ROM? Didn't realize an update was released until I stumbled on this thread looking for a ROM.

TIA

Yeah I'm not 100% sure, but I think you need SP3.

Also I have not seen any 64bit vista driver, only 32.

Finally Yes update to DC23 before flashing any of the roms.

sorry I could not be more help

Guest Ninja4Hire
Has anyone else had troubles installing Office Mobile 2010? I tried to do so from marketplace and it fails with this rom. I am using the latest build (Ninja4hire_DC23_21903_v7.5.7z).

The first time I did it and it worked fine, but I just tried it again today and it did not work. I am gonna try again later and see if it works. I have all the files, so I may try to make a cab if nothing else.

Guest Karmannsport
The first time I did it and it worked fine, but I just tried it again today and it did not work. I am gonna try again later and see if it works. I have all the files, so I may try to make a cab if nothing else.

Yup..tried yesterday from marketplace and it fails.

Edited by Karmannsport

Guest kdkinc

Ninja

Re: office 2010

I did a reinstall from marketplace ,no problem current Ninja rom 7.+ Installed over existing office.

If you want me to do a hard-reset and do a install let me know.. (Have to change wall paper again LOL)

Re rom no issues for me

:rolleyes: :D

Guest unchoney

Ninja I am using your 21903 7.5 and just noticed that when i try to send msm message i keep getting message cannot connect.. have no problems with sms just msm.. any ideas?

Guest Ninja4Hire
Ninja I am using your 21903 7.5 and just noticed that when i try to send msm message i keep getting message cannot connect.. have no problems with sms just msm.. any ideas?

hmm should be working fine. I can't even try it right now because I just loaded a new rom. ( I flash test roms like 5-10 times a day, almost ruins the enjoyment of the phone)

I will check it out on the new build I just made (21904). If anything I can make sure it works on the update I'm putting out, but It should've been working.

EDIT: just sent a mms message and it went fine. How are you sending the message (walk me thru the steps)? Will it connect to IE or anything online? Also try soft resetting your phone just incase.

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest unchoney
hmm should be working fine. I can't even try it right now because I just loaded a new rom. ( I flash test roms like 5-10 times a day, almost ruins the enjoyment of the phone)

I will check it out on the new build I just made (21904). If anything I can make sure it works on the update I'm putting out, but It should've been working.

EDIT: just sent a mms message and it went fine. How are you sending the message (walk me thru the steps)? Will it connect to IE or anything online? Also try soft resetting your phone just incase.

Yes everything else working. I have tried going into my pics to send from there i get to where i have to insert pic and name then send but no luck also through contacts which takes me to the photo picker when i want to add pic and still no luck. Did try soft reset and still no luck. I did notice that there is not a specific line for msm, when i go to add pic i get the pop up asking wether i want to convert sms to msm. I tried sending a blank msm and still no luck. I did have to go in and add the #777 and set up a connection after i flashed the rom. (do not know if that makes a difference or not) Looking forward to your new rom!

Side note: I have been using octans mini to flash.. i have windows vista on my desktop sems to work...should i be using something else?

Edited by unchoney

Guest Ninja4Hire
Yes everything else working. I have tried going into my pics to send from there i get to where i have to insert pic and name then send but no luck also through contacts which takes me to the photo picker when i want to add pic and still no luck. Did try soft reset and still no luck. I did notice that there is not a specific line for msm, when i go to add pic i get the pop up asking wether i want to convert sms to msm. I tried sending a blank msm and still no luck. I did have to go in and add the #777 and set up a connection after i flashed the rom. (do not know if that makes a difference or not) Looking forward to your new rom!

Side note: I have been using octans mini to flash.. i have windows vista on my desktop sems to work...should i be using something else?

I didn't even know octans mini would work. Also I have never tried to flash on vista. I think your a pioneer in that area lol. Do you have 64 or 32?

Ok so I uploaded a new version of my rom, try flashing that and see if you have the same issues.

After you flash, make sure you soft reset so everything is installed 100%. (that goes for everyone)

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest amdzero
I didn't even know octans mini would work. Also I have never tried to flash on vista. I think your a pioneer in that area lol. Do you have 64 or 32?

Ok so I uploaded a new version of my rom, try flashing that and see if you have the same issues.

After you flash, make sure you soft reset so everything is installed 100%. (that goes for everyone)

everyone?...

does that go for me too?

Guest kdkinc

Marketplace issue,

MP works for me only if the program I'm installing is not already in "my storage" from a previous flash. I had to reset "my storage".

Most of all my installed programs I place in "My storage"

The only program that will not install now is Office 2010. I get this error

"Error Microsoft office cannot be installed"

I guess if MP sense's a trace of a program previously installed it won't work. Maybe in the registry theirs a trace leftover of Office that prevent a new install????

I had no issue reinstalling Office in rom test version. I tried because I saw others were having a install problem .

I'm going with the old bones left over in the registry theory. I'll do some registry searches.

:rolleyes: :D

Guest unchoney

I downloaded 21904 last night working great including mms! I would like to know how to get the panel working that pulls up applications and programs. Which one is it ? I have enabled both clinks and myfaves and can not get either to show up.Any ideas?

Guest kdkinc
Marketplace issue,

MP works for me only if the program I'm installing is not already in "my storage" from a previous flash. I had to reset "my storage".

Most of all my installed programs I place in "My storage"

The only program that will not install now is Office 2010. I get this error

"Error Microsoft office cannot be installed"

I guess if MP sense's a trace of a program previously installed it won't work. Maybe in the registry theirs a trace leftover of Office that prevent a new install????

I had no issue reinstalling Office in rom test version. I tried because I saw others were having a install problem .

I'm going with the old bones left over in the registry theory. I'll do some registry searches.

:D :(

Followup:

I had a office 2010 cab hanging around on my storage card by Miri semi complete version.

Installed and function only ok soooo I then went to MP and tried to installed Office 2010 again, success :rolleyes:

I then uninstalled the cab version by miri .

Have double word icons in the folder but seems to work fine.

:( ;)

Guest Ninja4Hire
Followup:

I had a office 2010 cab hanging around on my storage card by Miri semi complete version.

Installed and function only ok soooo I then went to MP and tried to installed Office 2010 again, success :rolleyes:

I then uninstalled the cab version by miri .

Have double word icons in the folder but seems to work fine.

:D :(

Yeah I will look into the office issue. I think your right about having it installed previously / registry issues. I had it installed to my storage as well.

Guest Ninja4Hire
I downloaded 21904 last night working great including mms! I would like to know how to get the panel working that pulls up applications and programs. Which one is it ? I have enabled both clinks and myfaves and can not get either to show up.Any ideas?

CMyFaves requires tmobile my faves service and associated apps installed. Try "AT Contacts" instead: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=506221

I will have to check on clinks, I don't remember off the top of my head.