[ROM]Ninja4hire *Black vs. Blue* (DG21) v9.5m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest Karmannsport

So I flashed to v8 last night and like 7.5, office 2010 wont install from marketplace. It says installation unsuccessful. I tried to DL a cab file and install it and got the same thing. Any ideas?

Guest unchoney
So I flashed to v8 last night and like 7.5, office 2010 wont install from marketplace. It says installation unsuccessful. I tried to DL a cab file and install it and got the same thing. Any ideas?

I had the same problem.. I discovered if I had a previous version already installed it would install then.. I think it has to do with getting a free upgrade from prior version. So I keep a cab of older version on memory card so when i do another flash I install it first then dl the new from marketplace.

Guest Ninja4Hire
I had the same problem.. I discovered if I had a previous version already installed it would install then.. I think it has to do with getting a free upgrade from prior version. So I keep a cab of older version on memory card so when i do another flash I install it first then dl the new from marketplace.

Dude that's it! Kdkinc was also on the right track, but now I just realized why it will not install. Office 2010 is a full program, but set to only upgrade previous versions from marketplace. Basically you must have the older version installed to install it.

Pulled this from the marketplace website: Office Mobile 2010 is a free upgrade for Windows Mobile 6.5 phones that have an earlier version of Office Mobile installed

yeah so... that's whats up with that issue. I am working on a cab right now for 2010, but I will probably just put it back in the rom since so many people want it.

Guest unchoney
Dude that's it! Kdkinc was also on the right track, but now I just realized why it will not install. Office 2010 is a full program, but set to only upgrade previous versions from marketplace. Basically you must have the older version installed to install it.

Pulled this from the marketplace website: Office Mobile 2010 is a free upgrade for Windows Mobile 6.5 phones that have an earlier version of Office Mobile installed

yeah so... that's whats up with that issue. I am working on a cab right now for 2010, but I will probably just put it back in the rom since so many people want it.

Yes ...I use my phone more as a PDA than anything for business so excel and word are very big for me. Looking forward to your upcoming roms(i am using the 2.3 from the other forum discussion which is great by the way as everything you have done) especially the winmo 7 ui?

Guest hannibal81168
Sorry hannibal81168, I tried icon changer, but I have no idea why it's not working. I read the error, but it made no sense to me.

Also I flashed the default Verizon rom and the favorites works fine. I have no idea why it does not work in our roms, but hopefully I can find out.

thanks for investigating. I am looking forward to upcoming roms.

Guest Robtao

Ninja,

I notice that PowerCalc is already in Windows. It is better looking and a better match to your theme than Calculator IMO. I just add a link in Programs to get to it easier. Could you add the link in the ROM?

Not sure how big Calculator is, but you could remove it as far as I am concerned.

Edit: It is almost 500K. Called MobileCalculator.exe.

post-523611-1275610931_thumb.png

post-523611-1275610953_thumb.png

Edited by Robtao

Guest Ninja4Hire
Ninja,

I notice that PowerCalc is in Windows. It is better looking and a better match to your theme than Calculator IMO. I just add a link in Programs to get to it easier. Could you add the link in the ROM?

Not sure how big Calculator is, but you could remove it as far as I am concerned.

Edit: It is almost 500K. Called MobileCalculator.exe.

Yeah I will check it out. Thanks. Didn't even think about the calculator until recently.

Guest levytv

on the 8.2 version of the ninja rom from xda - on the swype keyboard is the @ still on the symbol page or is it on the ABC page or is it on both?

thanks.

Edited by levytv

Guest Ninja4Hire
on the 8.2 version of the ninja rom from xda - on the swype keyboard is the @ still on the symbol page or is it on the ABC page or is it on both?

thanks.

Its on both. Above the "W" key on the ABC page and it's own key on the SYM page.

Guest Jynxx

I'm sorry if I missed it but how do I add programs to favorites on the home screen? I use Palringo for messaging often and would love to be able to access it from the home screen.

Guest Ninja4Hire
I'm sorry if I missed it but how do I add programs to favorites on the home screen? I use Palringo for messaging often and would love to be able to access it from the home screen.

Ok you will probably want to install Clauncher which is a panel plugin that lets you quick launch programs. I have a copy in my 4shared various cabs folder(link below)

http://www.4shared.com/dir/FIFRpYtJ/Various_Cabs.html

Clauncher requires you use your own icons. You should check out XDA as they have a lot of custom icons there, but I found one just incase you are feeling lazy today :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=2

Guest Jynxx
Ok you will probably want to install Clauncher which is a panel plugin that lets you quick launch programs. I have a copy in my 4shared various cabs folder(link below)

http://www.4shared.com/dir/FIFRpYtJ/Various_Cabs.html

Clauncher requires you use your own icons. You should check out XDA as they have a lot of custom icons there, but I found one just incase you are feeling lazy today :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=2

Fantastic! Where do I put the Icons once downloading them? How does Clauncher work?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WhoTheHellAmI

Just installed v8m via Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. I loved this phone before, but now, I diefy it! Keep up the good work, Ninja!

Suggestion: This registry key removes the 10 recipient limit for MMS/SMS

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\Settings

-LimitSMSRecipients = 4294967295 (Decimal Value)

Just one gripe. I would prefer the "Slide to Power Down" program be mapped to the power button, if this wouldn't piss off too many people.

p.s. I was downloading this ROM as a stop-gap measure to get Internet Sharing working long enough to cook my own ROM, but this one has everything I use already installed except for an IRC client. (personally like PocketIRC, but it's a demo version (full featured, no time limit) with an annoying popup when you click "connect")

Edit: I lied, one more gripe: On the lock screen, the taskbar icons revert to the plain ugly white on black. ;)

Edited by WhoTheHellAmI

Guest Mr.DunnDunn

any chance you have the cab to the Swype with vibrate function?

also of your 3 roms which is the most stable and the best?

thanks

Guest kdkinc
any chance you have the cab to the Swype with vibrate function?

also of your 3 roms which is the most stable and the best?

thanks

IMHO all of Ninjas roms are stable the hardest choice is choosing what flavor you want.

I also think that if you go to Ninjas XDA thread you'll be more than pleased as far as your request.

I prefer that type of feature also...

the link is in post 1.

;) :(

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Mr.DunnDunn
IMHO all of Ninjas roms are stable the hardest choice is choosing what flavor you want.

I also think that if you go to Ninjas XDA thread you'll be more than pleased as far as your request.

I prefer that type of feature also...

the link is in post 1.

;) :(

Thanks . I checked the site like you said and noticed the the latest 8.2(Black & Blue), and I had downloaded 7.3 so I will update asap

Edited by Mr.DunnDunn

Guest Ninja4Hire
Thanks . I checked the site like you said and noticed the the latest 8.2(Black & Blue), and I had downloaded 7.3 so I will update asap

8.5m is here... will be on other sites later today. Of course with all the Sense hype, I don't expect to many downloads :lol:

Guest WhoTheHellAmI

just flashed 8.5 ...ninja is wise :lol: letting XDA_UC work its magic, then copying everything over to my storage, then the happiness begins :D

Guest kdkinc
just flashed 8.5 ...ninja is wise :lol: letting XDA_UC work its magic, then copying everything over to my storage, then the happiness begins :D

I MAY have misread your question.......

Do you use a "SD" folder?

What I saying is put programs you want installed in the device memory in XDA folder.

Make a sub folder named "SD" ( no quotes) and place all the programs that you want to installed in the memory storage folder.

While it installs programs in the "SD" folder each program will ask you where you wants to install it OR you can cancel that current installation of that program then it move on to the next "SD" program.

:D :)

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Mr.DunnDunn
8.5m is here... will be on other sites later today. Of course with all the Sense hype, I don't expect to many downloads :lol:

me personally the only thing I liked about sense was the weather feature and how it goes fullscreen. are there an app that can do that now? or maybe an app that can show weather on the lockcreen?

Edited by Mr.DunnDunn