Finally a New Rom for i8000, IL5

Guest Rapid81
NPS shows version 1.2.1 IH2_7,on another forum people are talking about having activesync installed and runing to be able to update the phone. No idea, as i said i didn't encounter any problem. I'm using activesinc to synchronize outlook, had it before i even knew there was a software called NPS. NPS installed fine with some warnings about the drivers, Kies installed fine too and both are runing without a problem.

Ohh ... i remembered that i had a problem installing the update the first time i tried. Had to run NPS as an administrator on Windows 7 to be able to start the update.

If you use ActiveSync then you're not using Windows 7, man! No way to install activesync to Win7, you need to use Mobile Device Center on Win7. So, that's why you can install and run NPS correctly.

Guest meabigbaldguy
If you use ActiveSync then you're not using Windows 7, man! No way to install activesync to Win7, you need to use Mobile Device Center on Win7. So, that's why you can install and run NPS correctly.

Actually, Rapid, Baltazar does indeed claim that his NPS works fine with update on Win 7. I'm pretty sure that when he refers to "Activesyc", he's loosely referring to Mobile Device Center, because AS on Win 7 just wouldn't go.

Anyway, I'm currently having problems to get NPS to recognise my device when it is connected. Mobile Device Center will sync up like normal, but NPS just doesn't find the device. In any case, it's really not that important to me, but I'm going to give it another shot in Virtual XP mode, and if that doesn't work too, then I'll hook straight up to an old XP laptop and try it there.

I would really like to give that FUS Downloader app a shot. Has anyone tried this? I've seen that it's been downloaded several hundred times, but is there any feedback on it?

Guest Rapid81
Actually, Rapid, Baltazar does indeed claim that his NPS works fine with update on Win 7. I'm pretty sure that when he refers to "Activesyc", he's loosely referring to Mobile Device Center, because AS on Win 7 just wouldn't go.

Anyway, I'm currently having problems to get NPS to recognise my device when it is connected. Mobile Device Center will sync up like normal, but NPS just doesn't find the device. In any case, it's really not that important to me, but I'm going to give it another shot in Virtual XP mode, and if that doesn't work too, then I'll hook straight up to an old XP laptop and try it there.

I would really like to give that FUS Downloader app a shot. Has anyone tried this? I've seen that it's been downloaded several hundred times, but is there any feedback on it?

I have problems with NPS too. It's recognize my phone, but when I'm click to Update, it says the device does not support update. ;)

The Kies does not even recognize it. :D And now, the Windows does not even recognize it, after the Kies install.

The FUS Downloader works for me, but does not found any updated firmware to my set of Phone/CSC/PDA.

Guest Del1701

It would be good to get some feedback from the people who have updated to this rom, such as...

1, how's the battery life

2, is there anymore free ram

3, has the bug with the dissapearing wifi from wireless manager been fixed

4, do you still have extra gps in the gps settings or have samsung changed it to agps

Looking forward to your feed back guys ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest yobikap

Hi Everyone,

I updated my device two days ago to with KIES software of Samsung:

PDA: I8000NXXIL5

CSC: I8000XENIL5

Phone: I8000XXIL2

An my problem is, I cannot receive SMS, or send SMS. Somehow when I start the sms application, it opens and immediatly then it kills itself without any error.

Are there more people like me that have the same problem and is there a fix available?

Thanks in advanced.

Guest yobikap
Hi Everyone,

I updated my device two days ago to with KIES software of Samsung:

PDA: I8000NXXIL5

CSC: I8000XENIL5

Phone: I8000XXIL2

An my problem is, I cannot receive SMS, or send SMS. Somehow when I start the sms application, it opens and immediatly then it kills itself without any error.

Are there more people like me that have the same problem and is there a fix available?

Thanks in advanced.

Nevermind, I have done a Hard reset and it is working now.