[ROM] Full ROM WM6.5.3 build 28223 WWE

Guest KSTAN

Guest jacobgong

I'm gonna try this right now. but I hope there is a way to use the original Samsung theme, because those huge buttons on the bottom are too ugly.

Guest aafi-rocks
follow the steps on this topic http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...g-rom-on-i8000/

I did it that way and everything went perfect..

Hi thanks for that nice guide..

I have 1 question.. the guide says not to flash Eboot (.eb0) and it also says that we have to flash it incase we r upgrading from WinMo 6.1 to 6.5..

I am on WinMo 6.1 original Rom and want to flash with this one.. So is it safe to flash Eboot.. and have u done it..?

and what is the different between OEM based on JA5 AND OEM based on JB1

1 more question.. Does this Rom has Samsung Omnia apps..

Edited by aafi-rocks

Guest msra6la2

I can't load the jb1 .nbo files onto Octan (both Mini and Downloader), so for now I will stick by JA5.

Besides it seems to me that jb1 fixes some problems of JA5 then creates new problems (problems not seen in JA5). For example, it has fixed JA5 vertical scrollbar problem (on JA5, the scrollbar itself stretches all the way down to the bottom, covering part of the keypad) but the problem of keyboard popping up by itself when phonebook opens appears on jb1

Edited by msra6la2

Guest aafi-rocks

Can we mirror to Megaupload plzzzzzz.!

Edit: No need I can download from mediafire now

Edited by aafi-rocks

Guest msra6la2
Hi thanks for that nice guide..

I have 1 question.. the guide says not to flash Eboot (.eb0) and it also says that we have to flash it incase we r upgrading from WinMo 6.1 to 6.5..

I am on WinMo 6.1 original Rom and want to flash with this one.. So is it safe to flash Eboot.. and have u done it..?

and what is the different between OEM based on JA5 AND OEM based on JB1

1 more question.. Does this Rom has Samsung Omnia apps..

update your phone to windows mobile 6.5 first.

.nbo/.mst file is the operating system itself, so if you just wanna install the OS and keep everything else, all you have to flash is .nbo/.mst

use Octan Mini to flash your phone, you don't needa touch "Eboot" or "CSC" or "Phone", if you just want your phone running the rom (bascially Eboot is used to sort of switch on your phone during the flashing process, CSC is to set the regional settings such as language, service provider's 3G settings).

you only ever use Octan Downloader (the programme that allows you to flash your "phone", "Eboot" parts) if you wanna completely flash everything at fresh

Guest msra6la2
I noticed some memory leak from this ROM (~10mb a day gone till soft reset).. can anybody confirm this?

use CleanRam to slow down memory leak. It's something that you should expect from using a full touchwiz optimised rom.

If you hate it that much, I'd suggest you flash a lite rom

Edited by msra6la2

Guest aafi-rocks
update your phone to windows mobile 6.5 first.

.nbo/.mst file is the operating system itself, so if you just wanna install the OS and keep everything else, all you have to flash is .nbo/.mst

use Octan Mini to flash your phone, you don't needa touch "Eboot" or "CSC" or "Phone", if you just want your phone running the rom (bascially Eboot is used to sort of switch on your phone during the flashing process, CSC is to set the regional settings such as language, service provider's 3G settings).

you only ever use Octan Downloader (the programme that allows you to flash your "phone", "Eboot" parts) if you wanna completely flash everything at fresh

Thank you very much for all the help.

I successfully flashed my phone..

Guest KSTAN
hi kstan,

will you make 6.5.3 based on JB3??

thanks

Sorry guys, was out of action for sometime..

dun think i will be cooking any ROMs at the moment till some/certain issues are resolved.

Anyway, there's ROM from Gary Crutcher, Sinancetinkaya, jackyaway, Devil1978, Ganhiru and a few other.

Guest dani_carrabba
Sorry guys, was out of action for sometime..

dun think i will be cooking any ROMs at the moment till some/certain issues are resolved.

Anyway, there's ROM from Gary Crutcher, Sinancetinkaya, jackyaway, Devil1978, Ganhiru and a few other.

that's ok kstan, only i want the "No modification" rom like yours...

Guest aafi-rocks

Installed this ROm.. Working very good.. No more lag..!

1 simple question: How do we get to the device settings screen..

I browse through 'Settings' but it has limited options.. I am missing the option lyk Mobile tracker and others..

Edited by aafi-rocks

Guest msra6la2

I browse through 'Settings' but it has limited options.. I am missing the option lyk Mobile tracker and others..

my guess is that this full rom uses Omnia Pro B7610 Proprietary UI and softwares, so it doesn't suprise me that there are softwares missing. You just have to find the apps from this forum or other forums

Guest KSTAN

default settings u c in start is samsung's.

it is under samsung settings->security (click view more).

Edited by KSTAN

Guest Crudeoil
use CleanRam to slow down memory leak. It's something that you should expect from using a full touchwiz optimised rom.

If you hate it that much, I'd suggest you flash a lite rom

going lite.. thanks <_<

Guest KSTAN
I mean how do I get into the windows settings..

Open any registry editor, go to path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\ and change Value 'HideSettings' to '0'

Guest surethom

This may be a silly question, but a novice here, how do you flash your I8000. Do you down load the three files? Do I rename all three, do I need a .mst file if so where do i get one, then what do u do??? Do you use Octans mini/ copy to you phone & run or what.

Thanks.

Edited by surethom

Guest KSTAN
This may be a silly question, but a novice here, how do you flash your I8000. Do you down load the three files? Do I rename all three, do I need a .mst file if so where do i get one, then what do u do??? Do you use Octans mini/ copy to you phone & run or what.

Thanks.

it's best to use Octans Downloader v2.14.

download all 3 files, right click on any files and extract will do. Select PDA in Octans.

Select only Movinand if u use .MST file.

Guest msra6la2
it's best to use Octans Downloader v2.14.

download all 3 files, right click on any files and extract will do. Select PDA in Octans.

Select only Movinand if u use .MST file.

I couldn't extract the JB1 rom properly for some reason. I downloaded all 3 files and renamed them to .nbo but I still couldn't load them up to octan mini or octan dowloader

Guest aafi-rocks
Open any registry editor, go to path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\ and change Value 'HideSettings' to '0'

Thanks Kstan. Got the windows settings now..

Is there way to increase the battery life..

Guest Samoelfilho

Thanks for the ROM

Congratulations

I just wanted to know why I even enabling the "X" to close the application, it is not closing ...

wanted to know if this is a bug in the rom, or is my device.

Thanks

Guest jaya7
Thanks for the ROM

Congratulations

I just wanted to know why I even enabling the "X" to close the application, it is not closing ...

wanted to know if this is a bug in the rom, or is my device.

Thanks

Its a known issue on 6.5.x roms <_< it's already been discussed in this forum.. solution -> 3rd party task managers :mellow:

Edited by jaya7

Guest shivatink

can i flash this rom in omnia pro b7610

pls some one ans pls urgent i need to flash soon my rom getting worst......

Edited by shivatink

• 3 weeks later...
Guest aafi-rocks

Music player bug..

I flashed with this ROm, now when I listen to music using Touch player or Windows media player the display wont turn off.. Even if I lock the display it turns on automatically....

Any fixes please...!