[SERVICE] Personal service for Argentinians, Omnia 2 ROM update, tweaks, utilities, soft, etc

Guest rodrigofd

Guest rodrigofd

HI..

I write this message in english as it is a forum rule.

I would like to offer to all fellow Argentinian Omnia2 I8000 users, readers of this forum, my personal services for your Omnia 2 I8000 phones.

I can help you with a wide range of things, among ROM/firmware updates, software improvements, installs, tweaks, etc.

This includes both original I8000 and I8000L (the one sold by Movistar, Claro, Personal).

Any interested please contact me by sending me a Personal Message thru this forum so we make contact.

For mobility issues i limit this to Buenos Aires city residents.

Best regards !!

Rodrigo FD

Hey Rodrigo,

Just a simple question: where am I supposed to get the firmware update for an unlocked I8000L phone (from MercadoLibre?). Using the New PC Studio says that "the devices doesn't support software update"... WTF?

I'm running 6.5 and this is the error message I get: here

Please, let me know. Thanks.

Guest rodrigofd
Hey Rodrigo,

Just a simple question: where am I supposed to get the firmware update for an unlocked I8000L phone (from MercadoLibre?). Using the New PC Studio says that "the devices doesn't support software update"... WTF?

I'm running 6.5 and this is the error message I get: here

Please, let me know. Thanks.

Best place to get samsung official ROM updates is Secany's thread, here http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...i8000-wm65-rom/.

Just download latest 'PDA' part (current last one is JA5, from January 25th) , and flash it using Octans Downloader v.2.13, which you can find in same thread.

DO NOT flash the other parts, PHONE, CSC and EBOOT.

It doesn't matter your phone is I8000L, PDA ROM parts can be used interchangeably with i8000 and I8000L, 3G frecuency bands don't get affected. Don't worry about. But if you never flashed a downloaded ROM, you should read in this forum for more info on the procedure.. good luck

HI..

I write this message in english as it is a forum rule.

I would like to offer to all fellow Argentinian Omnia2 I8000 users, readers of this forum, my personal services for your Omnia 2 I8000 phones.

I can help you with a wide range of things, among ROM/firmware updates, software improvements, installs, tweaks, etc.

This includes both original I8000 and I8000L (the one sold by Movistar, Claro, Personal).

Any interested please contact me by sending me a Personal Message thru this forum so we make contact.

For mobility issues i limit this to Buenos Aires city residents.

Best regards !!

Rodrigo FD

Thanks master Rodrigo. Your first sentence above makes very good sense. For the benefit of the whole community of the forum messages are better in English. I was almost "crucified " by a few members in some earlier messages because of my comment that members should make effort to communicate in English for the benefit of everyone.

Best place to get samsung official ROM updates is Secany's thread, here http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...i8000-wm65-rom/.

Just download latest 'PDA' part (current last one is JA5, from January 25th) , and flash it using Octans Downloader v.2.13, which you can find in same thread.

DO NOT flash the other parts, PHONE, CSC and EBOOT.

It doesn't matter your phone is I8000L, PDA ROM parts can be used interchangeably with i8000 and I8000L, 3G frecuency bands don't get affected. Don't worry about. But if you never flashed a downloaded ROM, you should read in this forum for more info on the procedure.. good luck

Thanks for the answer Rodrigo.

Just wondering though, how are you supposed to flash in the OFFICIAL Samsung way? Using PC Studio as I did? If so, why does it tell me that the device doesn't support software upgrades, if this is an unlocked phone?

Also... the Secany ROM is 100% official without even 1B changed? Would I still gain those 5MB of ram from the JA5 if I flash only the PDA part in my I8000L?

Graciasss

Guest rodrigofd
Thanks for the answer Rodrigo.

Just wondering though, how are you supposed to flash in the OFFICIAL Samsung way? Using PC Studio as I did? If so, why does it tell me that the device doesn't support software upgrades, if this is an unlocked phone?

Also... the Secany ROM is 100% official without even 1B changed? Would I still gain those 5MB of ram from the JA5 if I flash only the PDA part in my I8000L?

Graciasss

Secany's ROMs are 100% official, un-modified, and come directly from Samsung developers. The thing here is that his published ROMs are not 'officially released' versions by Samsung.. In other words, you can't go to Samsung or your carrier and say 'i downloaded a Secany version'...he just shares ROMs for anyone to use, without demanding anything or telling the source.

That is why you probably won't be able to download ROMs by Samsung software, because they might not be offering new roms to your particular phone (in this case argentinian), .. but GO FOR SECANY's ... their quality is widely proved.

To gain additional 5 MB you need to flashBOTH PDA and EBOOT... 99% of I8000L users reported of flashing those successfully... and just one case of failure, but it is suspected that was because of a wrong flashing... so you should flash both things... but if you happen to brick your phone, you won't be able to blame anyone.

Secany's ROMs are 100% official, un-modified, and come directly from Samsung developers. The thing here is that his published ROMs are not 'officially released' versions by Samsung.. In other words, you can't go to Samsung or your carrier and say 'i downloaded a Secany version'...he just shares ROMs for anyone to use, without demanding anything or telling the source.

That is why you probably won't be able to download ROMs by Samsung software, because they might not be offering new roms to your particular phone (in this case argentinian), .. but GO FOR SECANY's ... their quality is widely proved.

To gain additional 5 MB you need to flashBOTH PDA and EBOOT... 99% of I8000L users reported of flashing those successfully... and just one case of failure, but it is suspected that was because of a wrong flashing... so you should flash both things... but if you happen to brick your phone, you won't be able to blame anyone.

Thanks again man,

I'm curious / worried as why that message in the New PC Studio? How does it know it's an argentinian phone (if that's the cause at all)? If this phone was bought from an importer (again, MercadoLibre). Also, what happened to you when you went to updated in that way? Did you get the same message?

update.jpg

The thing I'm worried about is that somehow there's a problem with my brand new phone since it says that!

Thanks

EDIT: Oh, and also, do you flashed the EBOOT of JA5 on your I8000L (I think you have "L", right?) without a problem too?

Edited by Guest

Guest rodrigofd
Thanks again man,

I'm curious / worried as why that message in the New PC Studio? How does it know it's an argentinian phone (if that's the cause at all)? If this phone was bought from an importer (again, MercadoLibre). Also, what happened to you when you went to updated in that way? Did you get the same message?

update.jpg

The thing I'm worried about is that somehow there's a problem with my brand new phone since it says that!

Thanks

EDIT: Oh, and also, do you flashed the EBOOT of JA5 on your I8000L (I think you have "L", right?) without a problem too?

As i said you above, it is very possible that samsung pc studio doesn't detect updates for your phone, it doesn't neccesarily mean that phone has a defect, even if it is a I8000L, it is very common that specific phone editions, released on each country and operator, have internal serial and product codes, sometimes hidden from the user, that the PC software uses to determine if it has updates available.

If it displays 'nothing available' it doesn't mean that you can't update it with new rom, it just means that 'samsung doesn't think that your SPECIFIC phone edition should be updated with a new ROM'....

Again, if you can use your phone and you don't notice any evident issues with it, forget about PC studio (90% users in Modaco don't do it that way) and try to flash PDA part using Octans.. if you just try to flash PDA part, it is 99.99999% safe ...

The service i offer mentioned here, is personal tech support for Omnia2 phones (in Buenos Aires). if a user is not sure or incapable of updating their phones i offer such service just for you to know..

OK, thanks Rodrigo.

Have you tried taking the phone to Samsung for a new flash? Apparently from what I'm reading in Samsung forums (here), the udpate option in NPS may not yet be enabled, and Samsung reps says taking the phone to flash to a Samsung support site.

What I'm guessing is that by doing that we may get the latest eboot, phone and CSC parts available from our model ("L"), and then start to flash PDA parts ourselves again.

Guest rodrigofd
OK, thanks Rodrigo.

Have you tried taking the phone to Samsung for a new flash? Apparently from what I'm reading in Samsung forums (here), the udpate option in NPS may not yet be enabled, and Samsung reps says taking the phone to flash to a Samsung support site.

What I'm guessing is that by doing that we may get the latest eboot, phone and CSC parts available from our model ("L"), and then start to flash PDA parts ourselves again.

I don't really care much about getting 'official' samsung parts for CSC phone and eboot. There is no real reason to update those, you won't get no obvious improvement.

The interesting thing here is to flash PDA parts, which we can get periodically from Secany.

There is no real reason to update those, you won't get no obvious improvement.

The interesting thing here is to flash PDA parts, which we can get periodically from Secany.

With all the respect and ther is a lot of, you are so wrong here, Rodrigo.

I read a lot of recommendations to flash just a phone version of B1 cause there is a huge improvement in voice quality and blazingly fast GPS fix with this PHONE part, while no obvious change on PDA part beside the ability to choose default launcher upon hard reset.

Guest rodrigofd
With all the respect and ther is a lot of, you are so wrong here, Rodrigo.

I read a lot of recommendations to flash just a phone version of B1 cause there is a huge improvement in voice quality and blazingly fast GPS fix with this PHONE part, while no obvious change on PDA part beside the ability to choose default launcher upon hard reset.

You should keep in mind i was referring specifically to I8000L phones, for which Secanys periodical uploads are not directly targeted to. While the real compatibility between those and I8000L is purely practical and speculative, there is no guarantee of bricking phone functions, because most importantly, there is no publicly available phone part labeled for I8000L, for one to return to.

If many I8000L users report to have flashed latest secany phone parts successfully, keeping 100% factory functions, then we could empirically say there is such compatibility.

Guest rodrigofd
And there's no way to dump (backup) it as yet, right?

Is the PDA part the only one that can get a backup? What about CSC, Phone & Eboot?

No, there is no known way of dumping CSC or phone parts data. In some cases, EBOOT is stored in the hidden partition of internal memory... but not always is the current running EBOOT image...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dicho
No, there is no known way of dumping CSC or phone parts data. In some cases, EBOOT is stored in the hidden partition of internal memory... but not always is the current running EBOOT image...

como estas rodrigo, soy dicho de argentina, te queria hacer una pregunta, flashie mi i8000L y le puse el firm I8000NXXJB3,

flasie la multiscs, csc file select, seleccione la i8000fopjb3,

la movinand, y el phone, la cosa que leyendo un poco mas lo que pones en otros post, me di cuenta TARDE que no tenia que haber flasheado la parte del phone, la cosa que se me borro todo lo relacionado con cti, y me quedo todo con vodafone.

hay algun problema? se puede poner alguna que sea en español pero libre, sin ninguna configuracion.??

me conviene flashearlo otra vez y flashear tambien el Eboot??

salu2 y gracias

Guest chotuvohra_inus

Heya Rodrigo. I am currently using a windows 6.1. Which rom from secany should i go for. I am having a GT-I8000. In My case should i use all the parts of his rom in octans or should i too restrict myself only to the PDA part.

Guest Calito

Rodrigo

I am using a cooking rom (orange) all OK, but when I have a voicemail the standard number that the sistem call is 242, I want to change it to the number of my companyy (Personal *555) do you know haw to change it. I am using Shell 3.5 and MobileSence.

Thanks Carlos

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MenosOcho

Hola Rodrigo

i've doubts regarding flash my i8000L (i belong to Tigo, colombia), it came with WM6.1 and i saw some posts that mentioned some problem when upgrade PDA part from WM 6.1 to 6.5 alone.

"Sorg" said (first post of Guide to Flashing) that he had to flash Eboot part + PDA when upgrade from 6.1 to 6.5, because Sleep problems, but what happen with i8000L???

You mentioned that we should flash only PDA part, if our O2 came with 6.1 then we will have problems when phone goes to sleep?

Last question, in the same guide you say that CSC has files settings that are applied to the WM OS, so if you recommend only flash PDA from Secany's rom, how it will interact it with CSC from old 6.1?

i mean, when you do a hard reset, CSC 6.1 files settings will be applied in 6.5 installation.

reading all your posts, you're an expert, so could you recommend a flashing plan for i8000L for user with original stock ROM 6.1?

may be taking a Brazilean ROM from VIVO , i believe that it's a 6.5 rom and this carrier works under 850 freq. for 3G., but i'm not sure.

you'll get my donation.

saludos!

Guest mazzorca

Hi Rodrigo and all the fellow argentinians :P

I have mi OmniaII -L from PERSONAL since december 2009 and been very happy with it. I managed to flash all the parts but Phone (flashed succesufully EBOOT, PDA and CSC from spain carrier free) Just nedeed to make some hand configurations to make the 3G to work. All was made with Secany's firmware. I can say that all is working fine.

Do you know if there is some WM6.5.3 in spanish? I tried to find it in the forum, but I didn't find it.

Thank you.

Guest MenosOcho
Hi Rodrigo and all the fellow argentinians :P

I have mi OmniaII -L from PERSONAL since december 2009 and been very happy with it. I managed to flash all the parts but Phone (flashed succesufully EBOOT, PDA and CSC from spain carrier free) Just nedeed to make some hand configurations to make the 3G to work. All was made with Secany's firmware. I can say that all is working fine.

Do you know if there is some WM6.5.3 in spanish? I tried to find it in the forum, but I didn't find it.

Thank you.

Hi mazzorca

Did you flashed those three parts except Phone (from secany's rom) without lose 3G+ connectivity in Arg? had you tried use a Movistar chip? because if you are in bs.as., movistar works under 850Mhz. Personal use 1900Mhz that is the same that use i8000 (without L) for europe and other latam countries. the big difference between i8000L and i8000 is the lowest band, 850Mhz vs. 900Mhz, 1900/2100Mhz range is shared in both models.

did you have 6.1 or 6.5 before this upgrade?

I guess that you are using GarminXT for GPS location, is it working fine?

thanks!

Guest mazzorca
Hi mazzorca

Did you flashed those three parts except Phone (from secany's rom) without lose 3G+ connectivity in Arg? had you tried use a Movistar chip? because if you are in bs.as., movistar works under 850Mhz. Personal use 1900Mhz that is the same that use i8000 (without L) for europe and other latam countries. the big difference between i8000L and i8000 is the lowest band, 850Mhz vs. 900Mhz, 1900/2100Mhz range is shared in both models.

did you have 6.1 or 6.5 before this upgrade?

I guess that you are using GarminXT for GPS location, is it working fine?

thanks!

Hi MenosOcho

I'm a Personal subscriber, so I don't know about the different frequencies. When I flashed the CSC I lost the Personal 3G+ configurations, I searched in internet for those config, and get it to work. Mine is the L version. So do you imply that if The Phone part is flashed, It still works? If that the case, I will not be the first to try. HEHE!

My Phone came with WM 6.5 from factory, so I flashed always 6.5.

I use a lot of google maps, Run.GPS.Trainer UV and Garmin XT. All of the work ok, but not superb. The GPS in this phone is the weakest link in my opinion. Is very unpredictable when it will work. I tried several fixes, with inconsistent results. Sometimes it takes 20 min to get GPS lock. And sometimes it get in 20 sec.

If you need some other info about the GPS I will share them, all of them are in this forum.

Regards!