Launchable Shortcut to Start Menu Folders?

I'm trying to clean up my Today screen and limit the number of panels I use. A great way to do this, I think, would be to create a couple of extra folders in the start menu,and shortcut directly to those. I can make shortcuts to open those folders in file manager, but that's not what I'm trying to do. Surely this isn't the first time someone has broached this topic, but I'm having a hard time finding any information. Any ideas?

Guest henrylife
I'm trying to clean up my Today screen and limit the number of panels I use. A great way to do this, I think, would be to create a couple of extra folders in the start menu,and shortcut directly to those. I can make shortcuts to open those folders in file manager, but that's not what I'm trying to do. Surely this isn't the first time someone has broached this topic, but I'm having a hard time finding any information. Any ideas?

I think you should use resco explorer and create shortcuts.It's easy.

I think you should use resco explorer and create shortcuts.It's easy.

Will those shortcuts open the folders and display them in the start menu, or open them in file explorer?

• 1 month later...
Guest fortunz
create a couple of extra folders in the start menu,and shortcut directly to those. I can make shortcuts to open those folders in file manager, but that's not what I'm trying to do. Surely this isn't the first time someone has broached this topic, but I'm having a hard time finding any information. Any ideas?

This is precisely what I want to do, and precisely how I failed. The shortcuts to a folder elsewhere (/storage/ebooks in my case) work within file explorer and from the Programs view, but when I put it in the start menu, it does nothing.

I would love any tips on how to make this work.