HTC Sense Rom anyone going to attempt?

Guest mikentammy610

Guest mikentammy610

Well since the HTC HD2 is out in some places, I am wondering if anyone is going to attempt porting that bad boy to the 02..

Donation would be abundant if this can be completed...

Edited by mikentammy610

Well since the HTC HD2 is out in some places, I am wondering if anyone is going to attempt porting that bad boy to the 02..

Donation would be abundant if this can be completed...

There's a major problem with TF3D/Sense on the i920 because of the graphics drivers. It barely runs when installed along with the open GL drivers by Chainfire. A ROM isn't going to be any better without a major overhaul of the graphics drivers.

Guest JohnJayJrV
There's a major problem with TF3D/Sense on the i920 because of the graphics drivers. It barely runs when installed along with the open GL drivers by Chainfire. A ROM isn't going to be any better without a major overhaul of the graphics drivers.

How about sense 2.1? Or is that the same as 2.5? Or do I not know what I'm talking about ;)

Guest Tony_vegas

ya i was wondering also. how do the graphics drivers on the i920 difer from the drivers on the i8000. i thought they were essentially the same device, and they have i8000 roms with sense. can somebody explain whats not in the i920 thats in the i8000?

• 2 months later...
Guest ryvin1
ya i was wondering also. how do the graphics drivers on the i920 difer from the drivers on the i8000. i thought they were essentially the same device, and they have i8000 roms with sense. can somebody explain whats not in the i920 thats in the i8000?

Yeah a sense rom for the i920 would be nice. I'm not sure what can or can't be used from the i8000 section so I'm afraid to load anything not from here until I learn more.

Guest ryvin1
I've been running Sense 2.5 on Ninja4Hire's rom for about a month now and it actually runs pretty smooth.

could you point me to the install you put on it, i'm still pretty new at this.

Guest ryvin1
I found it here...

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...-sence-2-5-cab/

You will also need to install the photoalbum and music tab fix and save a copy of your original mms.dll file as installing sense replaces it and breaks messaging.

I follows the instructions on the first post and have very shotty performance, some of the folder and options don't seem to work.. I must be doing something wrong but the parts that do work look good.

Guest snitsman
I follows the instructions on the first post and have very shotty performance, some of the folder and options don't seem to work.. I must be doing something wrong but the parts that do work look good.

There are a few things that don't work. A couple of things in HTC settings do not work. You cannot make any calls from the people tab unless you install phone canvas. SMS also will not work from the people tab as it is looking for a sim card when it tries to send. Other than that just about everything else is working as long as you install the appropriate fix. It actually runs smoother for me than samsungs widgets.

• 1 month later...