Winmo 7 Video Demos

Guest eckyst77

Guest Hammanu666

Wow after reading all the material to go with todays videos...

No multitasking (all I Do)

No compatibility with existing applications (everything you like now)

No Producer customizable ui (sense, Touchwiz)

Pretty but NO SALE here.

I wanted a smartphone not a feature phone

i don't like new UI. UI is not only ability to swipe fingers but also information on the screen. I didn't see any useful information on main screen. Just several square ugly buttons-pictures.

Completely bullshit.

Guest AndrewTan

My 1st impression - FAILURE.

- No Multitasking!

- No Customization!

- Ugly Main Interface (The square box is damn ugly) and messy.

It looks for me a feature phone convert from Zune player, not a smartphone for business daily use.

DISSAPOINTED!

My 1st impression - FAILURE.

- No Multitasking!

- No Customization!

- Ugly Main Interface (The square box is damn ugly) and messy.

It looks for me a feature phone convert from Zune player, not a smartphone for business daily use.

DISSAPOINTED!

+1

I even don't have any desire to see a port of the winmo 7 for our phone.

Guest Rapid81

This a really useless garbage. Even I can make an interface like that if I want to, but I don't want, because this is a real s**t. I'll stay on 6.5, that's for sure.

Guest sindark

I think everyone needs to calm down, take a deep breath and relax. This is yet to be released product, with many MANY months before we see an RTM.

While they have not specifically said multi-tasking is available, i find it very hard to belive that it wont be included especially if you consider the minimum requirements microsoft has set for this.

One thing that also has to be considered is that the may completely change our current perception of an app.

Currently you have an app for word documetns, and app for facebook and an app for email. They are each single entities isloated in their individual experiences. What if, you took all those apps and sqashed them together? what do you think that would look like? i think that's exactly what microsoft has done here.

With the change from individual apps to these "hubs", you are able to intergrate many different resources into one constantly aggrigated location.

Here's what i mean:

Say you've just finished working on a word document, you'd then send it to one of your contacts via email then send them a facebook message to let them know. you could do all of that from the same hub without having to swap in and out of the various programs

I belive apps as you know them on these devices will be less isolated and more intergrated. A great example of this is the facebook intergration.

Say you build a twitter app for Windows Mobile 7, it would intergrate directly into the various hubs so there would be no need to quit what you're currently doing to send off a tweet.

You just gotta think outside the box.

I think this is a great step forward for Microsoft and we as the Windows Mobile community should keep an open mind and encourage innovation in this, one of the most competative and interesting commercial markets.

I think everyone needs to calm down, take a deep breath and relax. This is yet to be released product, with many MANY months before we see an RTM.

While they have not specifically said multi-tasking is available, i find it very hard to belive that it wont be included especially if you consider the minimum requirements microsoft has set for this.

One thing that also has to be considered is that the may completely change our current perception of an app.

Currently you have an app for word documetns, and app for facebook and an app for email. They are each single entities isloated in their individual experiences. What if, you took all those apps and sqashed them together? what do you think that would look like? i think that's exactly what microsoft has done here.

With the change from individual apps to these "hubs", you are able to intergrate many different resources into one constantly aggrigated location.

Here's what i mean:

Say you've just finished working on a word document, you'd then send it to one of your contacts via email then send them a facebook message to let them know. you could do all of that from the same hub without having to swap in and out of the various programs

I belive apps as you know them on these devices will be less isolated and more intergrated. A great example of this is the facebook intergration.

Say you build a twitter app for Windows Mobile 7, it would intergrate directly into the various hubs so there would be no need to quit what you're currently doing to send off a tweet.

You just gotta think outside the box.

I think this is a great step forward for Microsoft and we as the Windows Mobile community should keep an open mind and encourage innovation in this, one of the most competative and interesting commercial markets.

+1

And to add to this, there will be multitasking but more like future iPhone multitasking, meaning only stuff that makes sense to run simultaneously.

And you can extend these hubs and define yourself what should be on the Today screen.

Most importantly it fixes all the annoying/teethgrinding things we have now with WinMo. Ask yourself this: How much time did it take you all to bring your Omnia II device up to spec? (alternative firmwares, decompiling/transforming/recompiling apps to make 'em work, games, OpenGL, accelerometer hack etc. etc.) It took and takes up a lot of my time, I do know that.

And by the looks of it it takes business productivity to a whole new level with SharePoint, cloud, the new calendar etc.

Old Windows Mobile apps will be able to run on Windows Phone 7 after the UI (Silverlight) of the app is adjusted to this new platform, this information was brought to press by the Dutch Microsoft boss.

So, give it a chance before you start bashing a product that's not even released and you don't have enough information on. I for one, am looking forward to a Windows Phone device that is finally supposed to be fast with great games (XNA!!!) and great Office integration

Edited by XeOS

Guest jharbin
+1

And to add to this, there will be multitasking but more like future iPhone multitasking, meaning only stuff that makes sense to run simultaneously.

And you can extend these hubs and define yourself what should be on the Today screen.

Most importantly it fixes all the annoying/teethgrinding things we have now with WinMo. Ask yourself this: How much time did it take you all to bring your Omnia II device up to spec? (alternative firmwares, decompiling/transforming/recompiling apps to make 'em work, games, OpenGL, accelerometer hack etc. etc.) It took and takes up a lot of my time, I do know that.

And by the looks of it it takes business productivity to a whole new level with SharePoint, cloud, the new calendar etc.

Old Windows Mobile apps will be able to run on Windows Phone 7 after the UI (Silverlight) of the app is adjusted to this new platform, this information was brought to press by the Dutch Microsoft boss.

So, give it a chance before you start barking at a product that's not even released. I for one, am looking forward to a Windows Phone device that is finally fast with great games (XNA!!!) and great Office integration

I'll be watching and waiting, but this time, I'll be looking at Android phones too.

Guest dwallersv
So, give it a chance before you start barking at a product that's not even released. I for one, am looking forward to a Windows Phone device that is finally fast with great games (XNA!!!) and great Office integration

Take a class in manners before posting here again, please.

I'm not "barking". I'm simply commenting on what I've seen, as is everyone else. We can't, obviously, judge vapor -- i.e. what it might turn out to be. We can only judge what is presented now, and apparently MS thought what's there was good enough and complete enough to start marketing.

We're commenting on what they're marketing.

Unless it changes radically, it will suck, in my opinion -- totally. And I predict will be a huge failure.

Edited by dwallersv

Guest Captain Clam

I totally agree with all of you. They have Zune'd the OS and, in my opinion totally "jumped the shark". Finally, there are phones now that can both compete with the iPhone in the eyes of the lemmings, but also can satisfy the needs of people like us... that is coming to an end. I have watched countless videos of the phone. It isn't nearly fast enough on screen repaints, and the prototype is reportedly running on a modified version of a "undisclosed" processor, presumed to be the snapdragon. So, with resolutions only increasing how in heaven's name do they expect it to be fast enough to compete with the Androids?

Bottom line is that I though the Zune menu was great for a media player, but the lateral context menus do not scale well at all for a device like this. Not having two apps open at once is a TOTAL show stopper. I can't wait to have to close an application so I can open another one, just to grab something like IP address or password... then not be able to paste it into another app... fun.

Flame away... but I predicted the trainwreck of the Treo on WM5, which was the same situation... Microsoft hopelessly over-reaching (getting their A handed to them by Blackberry back then) and putting a product into the marketplace that frustrated people for years. It took 2 years before hardware and software met again in the middle... they should have focused on making 6.5 fast as lightening...

Guest meabigbaldguy

Maybe MS is just trying to get the rumor mill spinning faster than it already is. The mobile market is a highly competitive one and I find it hard to believe that MS would intentionally demo such an apparently lacking OS in the face of thriving competition. I'm almost inclined to believe that this may be more of a ploy of misdirection.

Let's just wait and see what actually happens before we start burying the hatchet here.

Let's just wait and see what actually happens before we start burying the hatchet here.

Ballmer's claim that a windows phone is not a PC becomes ironic. It's no longer a PC. No software compatibility, no multitasking, no customization, no flash support. RIP, Pocket PC.

Ballmer's claim that a windows phone is not a PC becomes ironic. It's no longer a PC. No software compatibility, no multitasking, no customization, no flash support. RIP, Pocket PC.

FYI, everybody is trying to kick out Flash (it's not really suited for smartphones, they sat on their asses to long and missed the boat. Example: try to play a decent video through Flash on your PC, do you hear the fan spinning up :( ). Whether they'll succeed is a different story. Google is kicking it out in favor of HTML 5, Apple never supported it on iPhone or iPad and probably never will. All rich video sites are moving to Silverlight (Olympics) or HTML 5 (YouTube).

Take a class in manners before posting here again, please.

I'm not "barking". I'm simply commenting on what I've seen, as is everyone else. We can't, obviously, judge vapor -- i.e. what it might turn out to be. We can only judge what is presented now, and apparently MS thought what's there was good enough and complete enough to start marketing.

We're commenting on what they're marketing.

Unless it changes radically, it will suck, in my opinion -- totally. And I predict will be a huge failure.

Edited, especially for you.... :(

Guest dwallersv
Edited, especially for you.... :(

No big... you just seemed to be rather rude toward other people's opinions, which I'm sure you will acknowlege are just as legitimate as yours, eh? :(

• 1 month later...
Guest aliahlewis

If I talk about iPhone rather than commenting on others opinion I would say it might have nice features but it's looks and user interface is not that much promising. I will prefer blackberry rather than this iPhone.