RBM2/u8230 Troubles

Guest swalkner

Guest Glycerin
@Glyercin: Are you about to merge the boot data??

How far have you gotten? Maybe you could send me your backupped boot.img then? :D

If it works...???

Hey... yesterday evening i started to compare the data and will continue in the evening today. Its not so much to change... i thought it is more... Meanwhile i must also work :-) But when i complete this and it works then i send it to you... or i upload it for everyone :-)

Guest swalkner
Hey... yesterday evening i started to compare the data and will continue in the evening today. Its not so much to change... i thought it is more... Meanwhile i must also work :-) But when i complete this and it works then i send it to you... or i upload it for everyone :-)

Or you keep track of all changes you have to do. This way we would have more information and can apply the changes to an upgraded boot.img from stock...

cheers

Guest Glycerin
Or you keep track of all changes you have to do. This way we would have more information and can apply the changes to an upgraded boot.img from stock...

cheers

Of course, i document all my changes :-)

Guest Glycerin
Ideally, you should compile the Android source-code.

For mkbootfs and mkbootimg you could compile any version of Android - it doesn't have to be cupcake. Some of the information in this post may help.

I've no plan... i only want to pack the boot.img-ramdisk to the boot.img-ramdisk.gz - then i would make the boot.img with a perl! Any idea?

Guest Glycerin
I've got mkbootfs installed. If you upload your ramdisk files somewhere I can create the ramdisk.gz for you, if you want?

Yes... this would help me very much! I send you the ramdisk in a ordinary zip file this afternoon!

Guest Glycerin
I've got mkbootfs installed. If you upload your ramdisk files somewhere I can create the ramdisk.gz for you, if you want?

Here are my ramdisk.zip! Please make it to the boot.img-ramdisk with the mkbootfs and pack it into the boot.img-ramdisk.gz ... and upload i!

Then i can take my kernel and pack it into the boot.img with a perl script!

You would help me so much!!!

Thank you!

ramdisk.zip

Guest McSpoon

No problem. I created the boot.img-ramdisk.gz using the following command:

mkbootfs ./ramdisk | gzip > boot.img-ramdisk.gz

I've also packaged it into a .zip file just to prevent the browser from automatically uncompressing the .gz on download. Just unpack the .zip to get: boot.img-ramdisk.gz

I did a quick test by combining it with my Pulse kernel and it seemed fine. I like the RBM2 splash screen!

mkbootimg --cmdline 'mem=128M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=qcom console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0 androidboot.console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0' --kernel boot.img-kernel --ramdisk boot.img-ramdisk.gz -o boot.img

bootimg_ramdisk.zip

Guest Glycerin
No problem. I created the boot.img-ramdisk.gz using the following command:

mkbootfs ./ramdisk | gzip > boot.img-ramdisk.gz

I've also packaged it into a .zip file just to prevent the browser from automatically uncompressing the .gz on download. Just unpack the .zip to get: boot.img-ramdisk.gz

I did a quick test by combining it with my Pulse kernel and it seemed fine. I like the RBM2 splash screen!

mkbootimg --cmdline 'mem=128M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=qcom console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0 androidboot.console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0' --kernel boot.img-kernel --ramdisk boot.img-ramdisk.gz -o boot.img

I've got problems packing the boot.img... Can you pack this for me? I've attached it in a zip!

Thank you!

Boot.img_NEU.zip

Guest McSpoon

To modify the update.zip you would have to use a 'signing' tool afterwards (to update the signature in the manifest).

But instead of doing that, it's easier to just use fastboot to flash your boot image. The fastboot program is in the AmonRA and Superboot files.

fastboot flash boot boot.img

Guest Glycerin

And the "Custom Rom"? Like the system folder? Here also the verification failes? how can i create sha1-digests to edit them?

The Boot.img works fine, but i doesn't have root access :-(

I doesn't know why, because i make it like the boot.img from the mcr1.1

Edited by Glycerin

Guest McSpoon

In this Superboot boot image there is a superboot folder and some commands in init.rc to invoke superboot. I think Paul moved that stuff out of the boot.img for the full MCR Custom ROMs. You could produce a standalone RBM2 Superboot boot image using some of the bits from that (which is what I was thinking of initially, I didn't realise that stuff had been moved out of the boot.img for the MCR Custom ROMs).

Alternatively if you wish to make changes to the update.zip then...

* You may have to update the /META-INF/com/google/android/update-script depending on which files have changed.

* You will have to re-sign it afterwards - Google for "testsign.jar".

I'm using Ubuntu so I prefer this method for signing. Fortunately testsign.jar is a Java utility so it can be made to work on any platform, so the command will be something like:-

java -classpath testsign.jar testsign update.zip signed-update.zip

Edited by McSpoon

Guest Glycerin

I've got it! :( RBM2 U8230 Superboot is ready! I've tested it and it runs stable! I've got Root Access! Install my RBM2 U8230 Superboot with Fastboot! Turn USB-Debugging in the Preferences on! Then Superuser Permission Run! I've tested Root Explorer and ive got access to all! :(

Procedure is the same like this:

Paul's Pulse Superboot

Thanks to Paul, McSpoon and all the other Boards for the assistance! :(

Now i will start to cook a CustomRom with Apps2SD and so on for the RBM2 U8230!

Don't forget - Do a Nandroid-Backup before flash the Boot.img!!! :(

Greetz, Glycerin

RBM2_U8230_Superboot.zip

Guest robot1000
I've got it! :( RBM2 U8230 Superboot is ready! I've tested it and it runs stable! I've got Root Access! Install my RBM2 U8230 Superboot with Fastboot! Turn USB-Debugging in the Preferences on! Then Superuser Permission Run! I've tested Root Explorer and ive got access to all! :(

Procedure is the same like this:

Paul's Pulse Superboot

Thanks to Paul, McSpoon and all the other Boards for the assistance! :(

Now i will start to cook a CustomRom with Apps2SD and so on for the RBM2 U8230!

Don't forget - Do a Nandroid-Backup before flash the Boot.img!!! :(

Greetz, Glycerin

Sounds very promising

how do the speeds compare to pauls ROM?

Guest Glycerin
Sounds very promising

how do the speeds compare to pauls ROM?

I dont know what you mean! :( The speed is the same as in the RBM2 Stock Rom. Its only a superboot for the RBM2 U8230 - nothing else!

Guest Glycerin
In this Superboot boot image there is a superboot folder and some commands in init.rc to invoke superboot. I think Paul moved that stuff out of the boot.img for the full MCR Custom ROMs. You could produce a standalone RBM2 Superboot boot image using some of the bits from that (which is what I was thinking of initially, I didn't realise that stuff had been moved out of the boot.img for the MCR Custom ROMs).

Alternatively if you wish to make changes to the update.zip then...

* You may have to update the /META-INF/com/google/android/update-script depending on which files have changed.

* You will have to re-sign it afterwards - Google for "testsign.jar".

I'm using Ubuntu so I prefer this method for signing. Fortunately testsign.jar is a Java utility so it can be made to work on any platform, so the command will be something like:-

java -classpath testsign.jar testsign update.zip signed-update.zip

The Superboot works! Now my CustomRom is already finished - i think - but how can i update the /META-INF/com/google/android/update-script?

The testsign.jar works but it makes no /META-INF/com/google/android/update-script!

How can i make this with the right changes?

I've got it!

Edited by Glycerin

Guest robot1000
I dont know what you mean! :( The speed is the same as in the RBM2 Stock Rom. Its only a superboot for the RBM2 U8230 - nothing else!

lol I misunderstood and though it was for a RMB2 ROM for the U8230

Guest Glycerin

Ok, my RBM2 Custom Rom finished and runs on my phone! Apps2SD run - i think - but i cannot se my fat32 partition on my device when i go to the data-manager! And i'm not allowed to uninstall apps, who i put in the customrom... - Anyone have any ideas? :(

Ok, to see my fat32 partition, the sdcard was partitioned with a swap - no i delete this and all run perfect! :(

Put how can i delete Apps who are installed by the customrom?

Edited by Glycerin

Ok, my RBM2 Custom Rom finished and runs on my phone! Apps2SD run - i think - but i cannot se my fat32 partition on my device when i go to the data-manager! And i'm not allowed to uninstall apps, who i put in the customrom... - Anyone have any ideas? :(

Ok, to see my fat32 partition, the sdcard was partitioned with a swap - no i delete this and all run perfect! :(

Put how can i delete Apps who are installed by the customrom?

How did you go about installing app2sd, is it included in your rom? If not, could you make one with app2sd?