Is this android 2.1 for the pulse?

Guest HunteronX

Guest david_dawkins
i can't see your point. did you expect that by upgrading the pulse's operating system to a newer version they will upgrade the headphone jack socket, too? :D

*sigh* you're right, it's expecting rather *too* much from 2.1 :D

Guest martoto

I completely agree. I just said that even without eye-candy animation it is still slow - just take a look on scrolling in app launcher (I called it start menu because I am coming from WM :D ). I was wrong for animated wallpapers - they are on. However, I still prefer adequate performance to a couple additional features if they come with sluggishness. Anyway, the 2.1 is coming and this makes Pulse even better. Actually it has not any competition for that price. :D

Edited by martoto

I completely agree. I just said that even without eye-candy animation it is still slow - just take a look on scrolling in app launcher (I called it start menu because I am coming from WM :lol: ). I was wrong for animated wallpapers - they are on. However, I still prefer adequate performance to a couple additional features if they come with sluggishness. Anyway, the 2.1 is coming and this makes Pulse even better. Actually it has not any competition for that price. :D

Im sure when its released there will be a vanilla rom too :D, Although I kinda like the extra eye candy, but I guess performance and battery life out weighs the look of the rom :lol:

Here's another video, not sure if this one has been posted yet, looks reasonably quick to me!

I cant tell if its running live wallpapers? it looks like it, but i cant tell it its moving lol, also is the cpu running at 528mhz?

Guest HunteronX
Here's another video, not sure if this one has been posted yet, looks reasonably quick to me!

Looking at this, and the other italian version (I think), the speed of the phone is fast in my opinion, as well - very different to the first video.

This video even shows the pulse mini running a live wallpaper well:

Guest helikopter

hmm... seems to me that it's exactly the same home screen that we saw on the u8230 (similar to the original pulse home with the 3x2 grid and zoom in/out functions), and it's definitely not the default android 2.1 home screen. i really hope that huawei won't put this on every of their devices because then i'm afraid it would be much harder to have a simple vanilla experience on our pulses like we have now with the u8230 roms. of course, if they choose not to put their own drivers into the mix like they did with the 1.5 kernel, then it would be much easier to port other roms, too. i hope that will be possible with the upgrade.

Looking at this, and the other italian version (I think), the speed of the phone is fast in my opinion, as well - very different to the first video.

This video even shows the pulse mini running a live wallpaper well:

The mini has the same hardware specs as the Pulse except the resolution is only QVGA. That saves quite a few of pixels to fly around,

so you would expect that de live wallpaper runs better. On one video it showed the 8230 and in the phone properties screen you could see

that the ROM was 8220 (well we know it's basically the same phone).

All in all it looks like 2.1 is realy pending shorly.......

Saw google buzz on the iphone today and i'm actually getting quite impatient.

Buzz does work on the Pulse for people you're following but not for the 'Nearby' function linked in to Google maps.

I'm really starting to get impatient now, come on T-Mobile and Huawei.

We will probably have to wait "some time" after Huawei releases their ROM as T-mobile will take their own time to colour it and mix with usual junk...

Guest Phantom20

I don't know if any one noticed but the image in the first post doesn't quite look right.

It clearly states on the phone February 2009 which leaves the question - is this really happening or just a hoax ?

Edited by Phantom20

I don't know if any one noticed but the image in the first post doesn't quite look right.

It clearly states on the phone February 2009 which leaves the question - is this really happening or just a hoax ?

Your kidding right? Have you seen the videos posted? :D They are from the MWC2010 and are from Huawei stands?

I dont quite understand what you mean by, just a hoax?

Its pretty certain that the 2.1 rom is being made, just a case of when its gonna be released, if it ever will :D

We will probably have to wait "some time" after Huawei releases their ROM as T-mobile will take their own time to colour it and mix with usual junk...

There will be no need to wait for T-Mobile.....unless people are fond of pink. :D

Iv been waiting for news like this for age's, I dont get the hold up though please inlighten me someone. :D

It doesn't all work at the moment so they're making sure it does before release. They'll hopefully make it faster in the process.