Ompass World Cities For Omnia II

Guest Mohammed Asfoor

Guest dwallersv
You can download this program for free at the Samsung app store.....

Yeah, after you install their stupid Kies PC application, find out you don't have the app store widget, then find out how to get it, install it, and then download the Ompass app.

I stopped after nearly 40 minutes of frustration in this process, still without the necessary widget. One thing that pisses me off more than anything else out here in cyberland with computers and software of any class (servers, PCs, PPCs, whatever) is the attempt by vendors to control me. Like, how I download something. There's always a hidden agenda behind this, which is never made loud and clear, usually for gathering information about you for marketing purpose.

F*ck Samsung.

Would someone that has gone through the process of getting raped by sammy already to download this please just upload and post it here? After all, you've already been violated, might as well get 'em back by defeating their cynical plans...

Guest dgmorland
find out you don't have the app store widget, then find out how to get it,

How did you get the app store widget? I installed Kies and I don't have that widget in there. I think it is because the appstore is only available in some regions and mine isn't one of them!

EDIT: Found that by reinstalling Kies and specifying my country as one that does have the appstore, the widget was included in the install

Edited by dgmorland

Guest dwallersv
How did you get the app store widget? I installed Kies and I don't have that widget in there. I think it is because the appstore is only available in some regions and mine isn't one of them!

EDIT: Found that by reinstalling Kies and specifying my country as one that does have the appstore, the widget was included in the install

That was my point: After pulling my hair out trying to find out how to get it, with no help at all from Samsung's site, I finally gave up and resolved to go postal and shoot up Samsung's offices should I ever find my self in South Korea.

You just added to my cased against companies trying to control you. There's no good reason to block us from this app. Especially since it won't work -- we'll all have it here in the US later today, after it get posted to BBoards, uploaded to filesharing services, etc. So all they accomplish with this attempt to control what, how, and whether you can get something serves nothing more than pissing off customers.

Guest insoniq
That was my point: After pulling my hair out trying to find out how to get it, with no help at all from Samsung's site, I finally gave up and resolved to go postal and shoot up Samsung's offices should I ever find my self in South Korea.

You just added to my cased against companies trying to control you. There's no good reason to block us from this app. Especially since it won't work -- we'll all have it here in the US later today, after it get posted to BBoards, uploaded to filesharing services, etc. So all they accomplish with this attempt to control what, how, and whether you can get something serves nothing more than pissing off customers.

To get the Samsung App Store just reinstall and specify UK as your region.

Maybe someone could post a list of the regions that support App Store.

Guest dgmorland
Maybe someone could post a list of the regions that support App Store.

On January 18th Samsung announced that Singapore, Germany, Brazil & China now have access to app store (prior to this just UK I think).

Edited by dgmorland

Guest aafi-rocks

How to get GPS working..? When I launch the app it just says gathering GPS data (or something lyk that).. Does it requires a data connection or it uses the inbuilt GPS in Omnia i8000

Guest chriswells13
here is the lite version cab. When ask for a License simply press Yes with WiFi activated. :(

The press yes with WiFi activated did not work for me. It kicks me out of the program. I have the Verizon Omnia II. Does anyone have it working on the Verizon Omnia II...is it any good?

Edited by chriswells13

Guest jacobgong
Yeah, after you install their stupid Kies PC application, find out you don't have the app store widget, then find out how to get it, install it, and then download the Ompass app.

I stopped after nearly 40 minutes of frustration in this process, still without the necessary widget. One thing that pisses me off more than anything else out here in cyberland with computers and software of any class (servers, PCs, PPCs, whatever) is the attempt by vendors to control me. Like, how I download something. There's always a hidden agenda behind this, which is never made loud and clear, usually for gathering information about you for marketing purpose.

F*ck Samsung.

Would someone that has gone through the process of getting raped by sammy already to download this please just upload and post it here? After all, you've already been violated, might as well get 'em back by defeating their cynical plans...

I did, and this 150MB software wouldn't recognize my phone. so I had to find the file it downloaded, extract it, download another software to pack it back into a standard CAB, install it, and find out it requires a licence.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Capt.KKK

Forget all about apps developed by this company, their apps suck, even if you buy it with hard cash, the moment you do something with your ROM, upgrade, use cooked ROM or whatever and try to re-install their apps, they will never work again.

I bought two of their apps and all money is wasted.

Hate them!!

Guest inllh
here is the lite version cab. When ask for a License simply press Yes with WiFi activated. <_<

Install is fine yet got fail after press YES for license, then program quit itself.

I have removed it out! It's pity...

• 8 months later...
Guest bobhero

Is this the only augmented reality app that works on the i8000?

Pitty, I can't get it to work, license error :

Doesn't even seem like the full version is for sale anywhere. Can't even find it on the samsung app store.

Edited by bobhero