Toshiba Support Responses - can we poll our resonses from Toshiba RE sound quality issues

Guest adzman808

Guest Lobothos
Likewise. Also asked for specificity regarding whether a .cab patch, WM6.5 new build or (dare we hope ?) WM6.5.3.

Will advise any facts which may possibly emerge.

I hope it will be a .cab patch

I don't want to reinstall all my softs because of a new build !!

Do you lose all your programs in case of an OS upgrade ? (6.5 --> 6.5.3)

Guest souljaboy
I hope it will be a .cab patch

I don't want to reinstall all my softs because of a new build !!

Do you lose all your programs in case of an OS upgrade ? (6.5 --> 6.5.3)

looooool try spb backup .... ur really must be shitting me , u never did a hard reset yet ?? its 40 minute for me , to hard reset and install progs , fixes , setting my settings

Guest Lobothos
looooool try spb backup .... ur really must be shitting me , u never did a hard reset yet ?? its 40 minute for me , to hard reset and install progs , fixes , setting my settings

I use spb backup... but never had to do use it or do a hard reset ! my TG01 is just 2 weeks old, so no need for a HR ! everything works very well, except for that f*!$%n' call sound issue (no crashes, no spontaneous reboot...)

But (maybe I'm wrong ?), even with SPB, if you upgrade your OS, your backup won't work really well right ? (registry changes... etc)

Anyway, I don't really mind reinstalling and do all the settings again (MobileShell settings, new taskbar, registry settings...), but if I can avoid it, that'll be great <_<

Edited by Lobothos

Guest adzman808

good work fellas, lets keep the polite pressure on them,

more people than carola work there btw, some responses have been from richard!

Guest xdalover
I use spb backup... but never had to do use it or do a hard reset ! my TG01 is just 2 weeks old, so no need for a HR ! everything works very well, except for that f*!$%n' call sound issue (no crashes, no spontaneous reboot...)

But (maybe I'm wrong ?), even with SPB, if you upgrade your OS, your backup won't work really well right ? (registry changes... etc)

Anyway, I don't really mind reinstalling and do all the settings again (MobileShell settings, new taskbar, registry settings...), but if I can avoid it, that'll be great <_<

Don't worry anbout the SPB backup reliability, It's a exact copy bit to bit. I've restored from a SPB backup copy a lot of times without problems.

Cheers

Guest Lobothos
Don't worry anbout the SPB backup reliability, It's a exact copy bit to bit. I've restored from a SPB backup copy a lot of times without problems.

Cheers

No no, don't get me wrong, I know how to use SPB backup and already done it on my old HTC P3300... but what I mean is that if you backup your phone under WM 6.5, then you upgrade to 6.5.3 or whatever new OS version, then restore your phone with the previous WM 6.5 backup, I think you will have some problems due to the new OS upgrade (new paths, new registry etc.). Am I wrong ?

Edited by Lobothos

Guest muffolo

I think that Toshiba lie to us ...

every week they tell us a different story.

this is the response thant I received after the last request of news about the update:

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications.

Toshiba currently negotiating with the network operators in order to release new software to resolve the audio issue. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything until this approval is been given.

Once the testing is completed and approved by operator we will be released to the customers via the normal channels

Please do not hesitate to contact us again for further assistance and use the reference number found in the subject field for all enquiries.

Best Regards,

Toshiba Mobile Communications,

T: 008000 505 2006 - International free phone number

T: 0044 207 111 0990 - Please use this number if your country does not support the free phone number

E: [email protected]

Guest Lobothos
I think that Toshiba lie to us ...

every week they tell us a different story.

this is the response thant I received after the last request of news about the update:

Toshiba currently negotiating with the network operators in order to release new software to resolve the audio issue. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything until this approval is been given.

Once the testing is completed and approved by operator we will be released to the customers via the normal channels

Please do not hesitate to contact us again for further assistance and use the reference number found in the subject field for all enquiries.

Best Regards,

Toshiba Mobile Communications,

T: 008000 505 2006 - International free phone number

T: 0044 207 111 0990 - Please use this number if your country does not support the free phone number

E: [email protected]

Yeah, I think we all received this email...

Anyway, we just have to be patient... and continue to ask for a fix !!

wait and see !

Guest tirreno

They could easily release an update regarding call quality issues because i have been trying every single Rom available ( English, German, French ) and all of them have the same problem with poor call quality (ppl couldnt hear me) ...only Italian Generic Rom ( which is also the cleanest Toshiba 6.5 rom, no preloaded crap ,operators logos...) comes WITHOUT any related issues...phone calls are very clear on both sides. So there must be easy fix for it because it is only software related issue, but i highly doubt they gonna release it for other available roms because they rather focuse on upcoming phone models. So my only suggestion would be..if you are bit familiar with the Italian language use Italian Rom and u will no longer experience any such issues. Guaranteed

Guest adzman808

yes i am not happy with toshiba today...

its like a fcuking groundhog day dealing with these jokers....

anyway - here is todays 'exciting' installment

the mail i received today =

Sent: 11 March 2010 10:24

To: Bonn, Adam

Subject: 100218EM14490725

Dear Adam Bonn

Toshiba currently negotiating with the network operators in order to release

new software to resolve the audio issue. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything

until this approval is been given.

Once the testing is completed and approved by operator we will be released to

the customers via the normal channels

Please do not hesitate to contact us again for further assistance and use the

reference number found in the subject field for all enquiries.

Best Regards,

Richard Genovezzi

My reply - i hope you enjoy reading it as much as i did writting it....

Hello Richard, thank you for your email.

Please can I ask you to review the text below? (I have also attached the original email)

It was sent to me by your colleagues at Toshiba support.

Please can you explain to me how 2 weeks ago I was assured that the resolution to the audio problem would here now, yet today you tell me that this solution has not even reached the testing phase?

Could you also explain how the fix for the audio needs approval from the various telephony providers, when the audio problem exists no matter which provider is used?

This is clearly a design problem with the TG01; it has nothing to do with the operator.

Please can you escalate my email to a service or delivery manager within your organization?

I do not feel that Toshiba is taking this problem seriously & do not feel that the TG01 is fit for purpose.

I expect to hear back from you ASAP with the following

What is the fix for the audio problem, cab file, OS update, OS upgrade

When will this fix be available for the consumer

If you are not able to provide the above information, then I will need to receive the following from yourselves

A complete refund of all monies I’ve paid for my TG01, including cases, accessories, upgraded battery & of course the phone itself

I’ll need you to buy me out of my contract with my provider, I wanted a working smartphone, you have not provided this – hence you are liable for the contact I have as I was under the impression your product was fit for purpose when I signed up

A one off payment to reimburse me for endless frustration of phone calls that have been inaudible causing stress & aggravation to me, my friends & family.

I believe that the TG01 has enormous potential to be a great phone, however in it’s current flawed state & with a complete lack of support & zero flow of reliable information from yourselves it means that effectively you have created a PDA which receives sms messages.

Not acceptable.

Thanks & regards

Adam Bonn

Guest mtwaldman

Adam, that is a fantastic email, but I fear that Toshiba will be unresponsive. I sent a simple email to try to order an extra back cover (because I worry about the flimsy nature of it) but they NEVER even wrote back! There support is very very sub par.

I hope they do release a fix for the sound quality issue..... But with Windows Mobile 7 pending and Windows 6.5 dead.... I fear that we are going to be left High and dry.

yes i am not happy with toshiba today...

its like a fcuking groundhog day dealing with these jokers....

anyway - here is todays 'exciting' installment

the mail i received today =

Sent: 11 March 2010 10:24

To: Bonn, Adam

Subject: 100218EM14490725

Dear Adam Bonn

Toshiba currently negotiating with the network operators in order to release

new software to resolve the audio issue. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything

until this approval is been given.

Once the testing is completed and approved by operator we will be released to

the customers via the normal channels

Please do not hesitate to contact us again for further assistance and use the

reference number found in the subject field for all enquiries.

Best Regards,

Richard Genovezzi

My reply - i hope you enjoy reading it as much as i did writting it....

Hello Richard, thank you for your email.

Please can I ask you to review the text below? (I have also attached the original email)

It was sent to me by your colleagues at Toshiba support.

Please can you explain to me how 2 weeks ago I was assured that the resolution to the audio problem would here now, yet today you tell me that this solution has not even reached the testing phase?

Could you also explain how the fix for the audio needs approval from the various telephony providers, when the audio problem exists no matter which provider is used?

This is clearly a design problem with the TG01; it has nothing to do with the operator.

Please can you escalate my email to a service or delivery manager within your organization?

I do not feel that Toshiba is taking this problem seriously & do not feel that the TG01 is fit for purpose.

I expect to hear back from you ASAP with the following

What is the fix for the audio problem, cab file, OS update, OS upgrade

When will this fix be available for the consumer

If you are not able to provide the above information, then I will need to receive the following from yourselves

A complete refund of all monies I’ve paid for my TG01, including cases, accessories, upgraded battery & of course the phone itself

I’ll need you to buy me out of my contract with my provider, I wanted a working smartphone, you have not provided this – hence you are liable for the contact I have as I was under the impression your product was fit for purpose when I signed up

A one off payment to reimburse me for endless frustration of phone calls that have been inaudible causing stress & aggravation to me, my friends & family.

I believe that the TG01 has enormous potential to be a great phone, however in it’s current flawed state & with a complete lack of support & zero flow of reliable information from yourselves it means that effectively you have created a PDA which receives sms messages.

Not acceptable.

Thanks & regards

Adam Bonn

Guest pipi52
Adam, that is a fantastic email, but I fear that Toshiba will be unresponsive. I sent a simple email to try to order an extra back cover (because I worry about the flimsy nature of it) but they NEVER even wrote back! There support is very very sub par.

I hope they do release a fix for the sound quality issue..... But with Windows Mobile 7 pending and Windows 6.5 dead.... I fear that we are going to be left High and dry.

if they don't fix the quality issue on my TG01, I will never buy toshiba again...simple...I have even told them that myself...why design a TG02 if nobody buys it. i will tell all my friends about my experiences as well...hopefully they do monitor these forums.

it is not acceptable if they don't respond to your query, they are digging themselves a hole....

Edited by pipi52

Guest muffolo
They could easily release an update regarding call quality issues because i have been trying every single Rom available ( English, German, French ) and all of them have the same problem with poor call quality (ppl couldnt hear me) ...only Italian Generic Rom ( which is also the cleanest Toshiba 6.5 rom, no preloaded crap ,operators logos...) comes WITHOUT any related issues...phone calls are very clear on both sides. So there must be easy fix for it because it is only software related issue, but i highly doubt they gonna release it for other available roms because they rather focuse on upcoming phone models. So my only suggestion would be..if you are bit familiar with the Italian language use Italian Rom and u will no longer experience any such issues. Guaranteed

I have a Roma Italian, and I have the same problems with call quality...

I am angry with Toshiba because it sells a product that does not work correctly, this is a phone and the main function is the call ... How is it possible that this function is so bad?

unfortunately the answers were never satisfactory from assistance toshiba ... I will remember this for future purchases.

I now have this device and I have to keep it, I hope in XDA developer who are working on a ROM.

Guest Lobothos
if they don't fix the quality issue on my TG01, I will never buy toshiba again...simple...I have even told them that myself...why design a TG02 if nobody buys it. i will tell all my friends about my experiences as well...hopefully they do monitor these forums.

it is not acceptable if they don't respond to your query, they are digging themselves a hole....

Well, they said that there will be a fix...let's hope they said the truth !!

This call sound issue drives me crazy <_< , and yet I still believe there is a lot of potential in this phone !

Guest Lobothos

I just wrote an email to my network operator (Orange France) so they can confirm (or not) if Toshiba is really negotiating with operators about this fix release.

Guest souljaboy

nice work guys ... adzman808 dont worry ur work wont go in vain , we shall send them similar mails till we get a ACCEPTABLE response

Guest Lobothos
nice work guys ... adzman808 dont worry ur work wont go in vain , we shall send them similar mails till we get a ACCEPTABLE response

Yep, don't give up the fight <_<

It's a PHONE so we have the right to use it as a PHONE !! if nobody's able to ear anything during a call, this device is useless, even with all its nice capacities and potential...

Richard, Carola etc. , I hope you're reading this thread !

Guest adzman808

thanks for the kind words guys - if there's progress to be made, WE'LL make it <_<

i have not had a response yet (from todays email)

but i'll give them until tomorrow

then i'll send a POLITE chaser mail

then i'll PATIENTLY wait

then i'll send another chaser & another & another (probably by then cedesmith & Wen will have the ROM LOL)

softly softly does it

Can i IMPLORE all of you

1 - PLEASE send your own emails (as you have been)

2 - PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE don't be abusive or 'shout' at toshiba, as this will set us back

I work in a IT support environment & believe me... outside of VIPs he who shouts loudest waits longest to get the least

its all about maintaining unavoidable pressure....

if we say F this, F that at them - they say "sir i can't support your request due to the abusive nature of your tone"

if we say "legally you haven't done this & but you said this would happen & it hasn't" then we give them little room wriggle away...

cheers

Adam

Guest Ács Lajos
Well, they said that there will be a fix...let's hope they said the truth !!

This call sound issue drives me crazy <_< , and yet I still believe there is a lot of potential in this phone !

hi guys

why dont we make a website together? dontbuytoshibatgforcall.com

we would link all of similar forums with the issues. i dont know how to make website, but im sure somebody knows bwtwen us. seems to they are just lie to us. i think the website with lot of angry users would be serious.

sorry for my english, i hope you are understand what i wrote.

lali from hungary

Guest adzman808
I just wrote an email to my network operator (Orange France) so they can confirm (or not) if Toshiba is really negotiating with operators about this fix release.

Outstanding idea buddy,

can you share the response if you get one please?

wouldn't it by nice to send Tosh an email that amounts too

"you say you're negociating with the providers, yet the providers don't know anything about this, please advise"

Guest Lobothos
2 - PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE don't be abusive or 'shout' at toshiba, as this will set us back

I work in a IT support environment & believe me... outside of VIPs he who shouts loudest waits longest to get the least

I totally agree with you... we have to put the pressure on Toshiba, but always stay polite !

(I know what it is to work in a assistance & support hotline <_< )

Guest Lobothos
Outstanding idea buddy,

can you share the response if you get one please?

No problem, I'll feeback their response...

wouldn't it by nice to send Tosh an email that amounts too

"you say you're negociating with the providers, yet the providers don't know anything about this, please advise"

I'm not sure it would be that nice <_< ... that would mean they lied to us and never worked on a fix (or the release date could be much later)

Guest adzman808
No problem, I'll feeback their response...

I'm not sure it would be that nice <_< ... that would mean they lied to us and never worked on a fix (or the release date could be much later)

hahaha yes of course,

i meant if they lie to us it would be nice to have the proof that they have lied to us!!!