Cannot connect to Activesync

Guest Mister 26

Guest Mister 26

Hello I'm new to windows mobile and smartphones. I am not new to pc's as I've built my own for years. That said I'd like to ask for help with ActiveSync and my Samsung i920. I've had my phone for about two weeks and I've tried every usb setting on my phone and every setting in AS on my pc and I can not connect my phone to my pc. When I coonect my phone to my pb with the usb cable, the light on the upper right corner of the phone turns red. I've run the troubleshooting diagnostic in AS with no positive results. The bottom of the AS troubleshooting report says:

"Pinging Desktop gateway 192.168.1.1 started

Ping echoed successfully

Pinging Device 169.254.2.2 started

Ping echoed successfully

Unable to establish a connection between the PC and the device. Get

up-to-date solutions to common connection problems. Please click the

following link:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=65257

The device appears to be disconnected. Please connect your device to the PC

ActiveSync is performing a sync, please wait......

Searching ActiveSync log file

No errors found in ActiveSync log file

Exiting"

Please help and thank you. I feel like a newb.

Guest Professional Pest
Hello I'm new to windows mobile and smartphones. I am not new to pc's as I've built my own for years. That said I'd like to ask for help with ActiveSync and my Samsung i920. I've had my phone for about two weeks and I've tried every usb setting on my phone and every setting in AS on my pc and I can not connect my phone to my pc. When I coonect my phone to my pb with the usb cable, the light on the upper right corner of the phone turns red. I've run the troubleshooting diagnostic in AS with no positive results. The bottom of the AS troubleshooting report says:

"Pinging Desktop gateway 192.168.1.1 started

Ping echoed successfully

Pinging Device 169.254.2.2 started

Ping echoed successfully

Unable to establish a connection between the PC and the device. Get

up-to-date solutions to common connection problems. Please click the

following link:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=65257

The device appears to be disconnected. Please connect your device to the PC

ActiveSync is performing a sync, please wait......

Searching ActiveSync log file

No errors found in ActiveSync log file

Exiting"

Please help and thank you. I feel like a newb.

Give this a try I've only had this issue with activesync with my phone

on cell go to settings

General settings

usb connection

uncheck advanced network functionality

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BobDhd

I guess no one has found any hard solutions. This is really beginning to p##s me off... How about a hard reset, might that work? What a wacko glitch, I mean really!! <_< What do the people do without any tech knowledge, pay pay pay, I assume.

Thanks to anyone with a response. :mellow:

Guest BobDhd

OK, after a reinstall of Activesync & a hard reset, all is well.

I have attached a couple of links (I hope that's OK) of two places, one is a great list of prob's & suggestions.

http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/t-shootactivesync.htm

The other is a lady with lots of suggestions who gave up & switched to Google's sync version.

http://bevhoward.com/ASync.htm

The above did not work for me but I appreciate the effort. The original problem (I think) was the rubbish system at work.

<_<

Guest jebise

Do you have a custom ROM installed? coz the tool most roms are made from are westool and there was a bug with the pagepool. Which has been fixed so you have to make sure the cooker is awhere of the problem and creates the ROM again. Gary is remaking his ROM's can't wait to try it.

Guest BobDhd

No No nothing special here, basically just got the P. Of S. out of the box & ActiveSync wanted to play silly buggers... <_<

I'm not a big moder, just a tinker. Cheers for the tip though, I'll make a note. :mellow:

Guest jebise

i had a few problems with activesync as well at the beginning with the original rom. You can try a different PC if not, mine was fixed by doing a hard reset.

I was under the impression that you had a custom ROM installed since most users are having that problem myself included. But try to reinstall/different PC if it still happens try a hard reset.