i8000 WM6.5 ROM (Updated 18 July 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest redMANU

Hi Gary,

I found this problem with your Ultra Lite ROM JC1:

When opening Touch Player, go to album or track list, then rotate the phone into landscape mode, I got this error: "3DTPlayerLib.exe: The file 3DTPlayerLib can not be open. Either it is not sign by a trusted certificate or one of its components can not be found. It this problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file"

BTW, could you extract the lastest Samsung Today from JB3?

Guest Gary Crutcher

JC1 Updated with the following:

- Fixed Touch Player not working in landscape mode

- Fixed Samsung Kies issue (Note: problem was registry entries that set the

phone model number to GT-I8000H. I just removed the 'H' and it fixed the

problem. There were about 4 entries like this.

- Removed Opera v9.5 - now you can use whatever version you want.

Note: Opera v10 Final takes about 15MB of storage space.

Tried to include cleamRAM but could not get it to stop starting the Samsung

Dialer when cleaning - same problem on JB1, JB3, JC1 and stock roms.

Am now going to take a fews days break, then work on a JC1/23547 version.

If anyone knows of something better than the titanium shell to cook into a rom,

please let me know. I've tried most of the 3rd party shells but am not satisfied yet.

I would like something like TouchFlow but more light-weight.

Enjoy! :)

Guest unholygid2006

please let me know. I've tried most of the 3rd party shells but am not satisfied yet.

Enjoy! :)

Maybe u can consider SPB (unregistered).

Just my 2 cents

Guest kersey

Enjoy! ;)

The new update sounds good to me Mr Crutcher :)

Think it was a good idea to remove Opera allowing us to use the version of Opera that we want and also as luck has it to leave CleanRAM out as we can install it ourselves and also install an updated version in future :P

Look forward to installing the new rom after I finish work.

Guest kersey

Out of curiosity...should I just flash the .nb0 file in Octans or is it best to flash with a .csc and phone file.

Does it make any difference???

Edited by kersey

Guest russ28

Can the files be placed on megaupload other than rapidshare?.. I've been trying so long... it keeps saying someone else with my ip is downloading... arggh!

Ok.. after 3 hours finally managed to start the download JC1 ultralite..

Edited by russ28

Guest unholygid2006
Out of curiosity...should I just flash the .nb0 file in Octans or is it best to flash with a .csc and phone file.

Does it make any difference???

i think its better to flash the nbo and csc only like what most ppl advice.... csc for the operator settings.... but personally i usually flash all 4 parts....

eboot,csc,,pda and phone unless i'm just testing and messing with the different roms in this forum :)

Guest jebise

something that makes me drool is pointui with pointsence theme. It uses way less memory then sbp and uses the default samsung apps and works very well. No freezing no nothing everything just works and makes the phone look very nice and very easy to customize.

http://community.pointui.com/topic/suite-v...v2-make-it-mine

If you have time maybe you can intergarte it even better then they have. like sometimes clicking the sms opens the default wm app and it opens samsung messaging but not chat until you open a chat.

Edited by jebise

Guest Chepapoa
i guess it depends how u feel with new 6.5.5 gui and with a cut off samsung keybord, isnt there any fix for that anyway ? :) i dont think there are any other differences

I'll donwload and install this one because i like samsung keyboard. BTW, how can i select my music folder instead get all musics from the cel? I don't use touch player because it get all music files.

[]'s

Guest meabigbaldguy

You guys will have to excuse me. Please don't tell me to search the topic because its has not been helpful...

... but I need to know how to extract the file. I have the zip file and I have the .z01 file; however, I'm not able to extract the zip file.

This is my first time flashing with Octans. I've read the flashing tutorial on Octans, but can someone please tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks!

Guest Lancez
You guys will have to excuse me. Please don't tell me to search the topic because its has not been helpful...

... but I need to know how to extract the file. I have the zip file and I have the .z01 file; however, I'm not able to extract the zip file.

This is my first time flashing with Octans. I've read the flashing tutorial on Octans, but can someone please tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks!

i was confused at first time too, but its really easy to extract the files. have a winrar handy then right click the zip file, not the z.01. and choose extract here, then u r done. i know, have to do it backwords :)

Guest meabigbaldguy
i was confused at first time too, but its really easy to extract the files. have a winrar handy then right click the zip file, not the z.01. and choose extract here, then u r done. i know, have to do it backwords :)

Thanks, Lancez. But 7zip tells me that it cannot open the JC1 zip. So then this must mean that there's a problem with the file itself then, right?

Guest Lancez
Thanks, Lancez. But 7zip tells me that it cannot open the JC1 zip. So then this must mean that there's a problem with the file itself then, right?

try WinRAR then

Guest Gary Crutcher
something that makes me drool is pointui with pointsence theme. It uses way less memory then sbp and uses the default samsung apps and works very well. No freezing no nothing everything just works and makes the phone look very nice and very easy to customize.

http://community.pointui.com/topic/suite-v...v2-make-it-mine

If you have time maybe you can intergarte it even better then they have. like sometimes clicking the sms opens the default wm app and it opens samsung messaging but not chat until you open a chat.

Actually, I have purchased a few of the shells available and I do like pointui. Not very many WVGA

skins, though. The skins I like are only for QVGA.

I do like the HTC TouchFlow 3D.

Guest jebise
Actually, I have purchased a few of the shells available and I do like pointui. Not very many WVGA

skins, though. The skins I like are only for QVGA.

I do like the HTC TouchFlow 3D.

have you tried pointsence?

also was looking at firmware downloder and noticed i8000H has a new JC2 version, but no JC1. Dose that mean JC1 is not official.

Edited by jebise

Guest Lancez
have you tried pointsence?

also was looking at firmware downloder and noticed i8000H has a new JC2 version, but no JC1. Dose that mean JC1 is not official.

did u download that JC2? whats the difference? the JC1 is official for CHT in taiwan. and its been confirmed :)

Guest Gary Crutcher
did u download that JC2? whats the difference? the JC1 is official for CHT in taiwan. and its been confirmed :)

Lance,

Where are the links for JC2?