i8000 WM6.5 ROM (Updated 18 July 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Lancez
Gary, can i use the ROM-tool to change only the Language of your ROM?

no, u cant. its english only, coz the base ROM is english/chinese only, no other language is supported. unless u flash europe JC1 in ur perfered language and dump it out, then u can cook in ur prefered language.

Guest Lancez
Is anyone else having problems with email and SMS using the native windows screens??

It won't let me select 'new' to write any texts or emails :)

did u hard reset after flashing? sometimes it'll cause weird problems if u dont.

Guest kersey
did u hard reset after flashing? sometimes it'll cause weird problems if u dont.

Yes, did 2 hard resets to be sure, but still a problem.

I do use a 'DisableSkinSmsEmail' cab to disable the Samsung skin as I prefer the native windows one, but have never had a problem with previous roms...strange.

Have now gone back to JC1 and all is working well, although it may be my imagination but JC2 seems a touch faster.

Both great roms nevertheless so not really that big an issue having to change back to JC1

Guest malavin
no, u cant. its english only, coz the base ROM is english/chinese only, no other language is supported. unless u flash europe JC1 in ur perfered language and dump it out, then u can cook in ur prefered language.

Thanks.

Also you mean, that i must found first a clean XXJC1 (or EURJC1) and than i can put Gary's Settings on it.

At next i must dump out Englisch and set the German only, like custom ROM.

Sorry for my bad english Grammar

Guest Lancez
Thanks.

Also you mean, that i must found first a clean XXJC1 (or EURJC1) and than i can put Gary's Settings on it.

At next i must dump out Englisch and set the German only, like custom ROM.

Sorry for my bad english Grammar

if u wanna cook a German ROM, then u have to flash with the lastest XXJC1 in German then dump it out by sorg's tool which supports all languages. after that u can cook whatever u want and ur ROM language will be in German. i dont know if u will be able to put Gary's settings back to yours, u have to ask Gary for info :)

Guest malavin
if u wanna cook a German ROM, then u have to flash with the lastest XXJC1 in German then dump it out by sorg's tool which supports all languages. after that u can cook whatever u want and ur ROM language will be in German. i dont know if u will be able to put Gary's settings back to yours, u have to ask Gary for info :)

alright. I want to flash a cooked ROM like Gary's, but in German. Maybe Gary can help me, by sending me his Settings or modifying Files.

Thanks

Guest Gary Crutcher
Ahhh, can I double my question ? Is it typo or true :)

I've decided forum members can decide the definition of light vs.

ultralite. Some think stripping out most programs is ultralite, some don't.

Some think having a lot of storage space is ultralite, others don't.

So...I leave it up to you to decide.

I don't think it really matters as long as you are happy with the ROM you are using.

;)

Guest Gary Crutcher
was opera removed in the new JC2? screnshots of the startmenu would be nice :)

great work gary, still on JB3 which works very well for me.

Opera was removed. You can install whatever version you want.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Gary, can i use the ROM-tool to change only the Language of your ROM?

Lancez answered this.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest speedfrog

a ultra lite rom is that is it non programs added and all the samsung programs, ringtones,pictures and stuff like that is removed. + it has alot of storage space

Guest Lancez

im happy with ur ROM, u've kept some very useful apps and suitable for 90+% of the people here. so, i say, its ur ROM do whatever u want.

Guest Gary Crutcher
im happy with ur ROM, u've kept some very useful apps and suitable for 90+% of the people here. so, i say, its ur ROM do whatever u want.

Thanks Lancez! :)

The most difficult thing for a chef to do is please everyone.

With that said, I try to find that balance of removing a lot of things I don't think

people use very often with leaving things in they do use.

I have left some things in that I don't use because many people have requested

they be left in. That's ok. I still use the same ROMs I post on MoDaCo.

I can't please everyone. There are cabs available for things I have left out.

If I take too much out, then instead of just restoring your personal programs and info,

you will be spending time installing cabs then have to restore your personal programs and info.

I hope you understand how difficult this is to choose which programs to remove and

which ones to keep.

I try to find that happy medium for everyone.

Guest artykim

Thanks again for the wonderful JC2 rom.

PureBlack2 theme is very welcomed addition, instead of PureBlack3.

Everything is smooth and nice, except few glitches.

After Opera 10 in installed, and even after I fixed the registry for an link to be working in Today screen,

icon is broken, due to the lack of one file. I'm sure that you have removed it on purpose, however I have

attached the proper icon file for Opera 10, just in case anyone want to fix it - just copy it to Windows folder.

It happened from JC1, that whenever I restart the phone, Touch Player is asking to search and rebuild

the library for new discovered media files, even though there'are none. It could be the bug from OS, I guess.

I can't open the emails and read them. Only headers are received even after I changed the setting to download

all TEXT. I can't also reply emails. It's a Gmail account using Outlook Exchange Server.

Am I only one who's having above problems?

Thanks,

post-41672-1269220100_thumb.png

Edited by artykim

Guest skoda60
Thanks Lancez! :)

With that said, I try to find that balance of removing a lot of things I don't think

people use very often with leaving things in they do use.

I have left some things in that I don't use because many people have requested

they be left in. That's ok. I still use the same ROMs I post on MoDaCo.

I can't please everyone. There are cabs available for things I have left out.

If I take too much out, then instead of just restoring your personal programs and info,

you will be spending time installing cabs then have to restore your personal programs and info.

I hope you understand how difficult this is to choose which programs to remove and

which ones to keep.

You had removed those programs which I never used and left some Samsung goodie which I like it. It was a balance combination. Good job. And now the good old pop up on WM6.1 style was back. No need to used the up/down arrow anymore on this pop up thingy. Very practically done on these ROM.

Thank unholygid2006 for reading chinese.cab which made the setup fast. Thank NewForce for your Samsung keyboard. Great thank for Gary good cooking.

One thing was the text msg and email was a same iocn. I deleted the text icon from the start menu and copy back the message.lnk so I had trreded sms.

Edited by skoda60

Guest bluhound

Love the ROM. However, I am running Sense 2.5.2011 on it and I can see that it is struggling on 8MB pagepool. Can anybody teach me how to edit the pagepool? I am thinking of increasing it in steps until Sense becomes smooth. I can confirm that the pagepool is affecting it as the same UI was smooth on firmwares with default 20/15MB pagepool. Also, previously rodrigofd tried with 8mb pp on his LEO2 Fusion ROM with negative results.

I found that by using the latest EXEcutor, the pagepool value can be independent of the eboot's value. So since this firmware has been patched, where is the value stored so that I can try to edit to the value (e.g. in the registry) to my preference or is it that I still have to use ROMTool to change it?

EDIT: Never mind. Found out on how to increase the pp.

Edited by bluhound

Guest abepara

Lock screen gets problem

After I enable lock screen in Samsung setting, the lock screen appears with traditional one instead of wm 6.5 slide to unlock.

Guest bluhound
Lock screen gets problem

After I enable lock screen in Samsung setting, the lock screen appears with traditional one instead of wm 6.5 slide to unlock.

+1

Guest Terry666
Thanks again for the wonderful JC2 rom.

PureBlack2 theme is very welcomed addition, instead of PureBlack3.

Everything is smooth and nice, except few glitches.

After Opera 10 in installed, and even after I fixed the registry for an link to be working in Today screen,

icon is broken, due to the lack of one file. I'm sure that you have removed it on purpose, however I have

attached the proper icon file for Opera 10, just in case anyone want to fix it - just copy it to Windows folder.

It happened from JC1, that whenever I restart the phone, Touch Player is asking to search and rebuild

the library for new discovered media files, even though there'are none. It could be the bug from OS, I guess.

I can't open the emails and read them. Only headers are received even after I changed the setting to download

all TEXT. I can't also reply emails. It's a Gmail account using Outlook Exchange Server.

Am I only one who's having above problems?

Thanks,

;) 1+

I don't use Opera but in the morning I faced this problem with the Emails... :) and was very bad timing as the email was for a meeting from our boss...

Did you said was the same with the JC1? I din't had the time to check it as I flashed soon after with the JC2....

Guest Terry666
Thanks Lancez! :P

You are 100% right Gary...

BTW did you have this problem with the Email ??? Do you use the phone for Emails?

Anybody else had a problem with Emails with JC1 or JC2?

My SMS works fine... :) ;)

Edited by Terry666

Guest kersey
You are 100% right Gary...

BTW did you have this problem with the Email ??? Do you use the phone for Emails?

Anybody else had a problem with Emails with JC1 or JC2?

I found I had a problem with both emails and SMS on the JC2 rom, was unable to type a new one or read a received one.

Had to flash back to JC1 and all is fine with both email and SMS :)

Guest surenz

I installed the JC2 ROM and can say that is almost perfect(can't realize how you preserve so many programs and we have again 250 MB free Main storage :)).

The problems that I faced:

1. Touchplayer already don't play any subtitles but anyway the subtitles were broken on previous versions so this is mostly bug of JC2 or the chinese version of ROM.

2. I tried to make Samsung ML keyboard with SKTools as default but always after reset it appears firstly the Chinese one.

3. Some software that uses Cyrillic letters is broken (e.g. Google Maps). Seems like some font is not Unicode (I suppose it is Tahoma font). Not a big deal again.

Thank you, Gary. Very balanced ROM with a lot of free space on Main Storage and a plenty of free RAM (in such way I can install all my everyday software on the Main Storage and take advantage of the faster loading speed).

Edited by surenz

Guest skoda60
Hello all,

I have been usung JC1 UL rom for 5 days now and I am very happy with it, good work mate! I have a suggestion, can you apply the gps fix explained in this post?

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...0-wm6-5-gpsfix/

Regards

I had no problem on Omnia2 GPS on all version running GMXT, beelineGPS etc. If I activated XTRA, generally I can get a fixed within 40s. I will suggest that you go to installed it for yourself. Gary done a good job with so many free storage space for us to install those programs we like.