i8000 WM6.5 ROM (Updated 18 July 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Terry666
Hello all,

I have been usung JC1 UL rom for 5 days now and I am very happy with it, good work mate! I have a suggestion, can you apply the gps fix explained in this post?

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...0-wm6-5-gpsfix/

Regards

IMPO :)

With the JC1x3 and Phone JB3 I have the fastest GPS till now Garmin and Google locking in under a minute from inside my window!!... I use to use the GPSFix.CAB with other ROMs but now I don't need it.

Maybe you have to check your settings, I read here about the Com4 and 9600 and I was using them till the GPSFix did it automatically, now I left it in default...

I hope I helped a bit ;)

Guest pterodont
IMPO :)

With the JC1x3 and Phone JB3 I have the fastest GPS till now Garmin and Google locking in under a minute from inside my window!!... I use to use the GPSFix.CAB with other ROMs but now I don't need it.

Maybe you have to check your settings, I read here about the Com4 and 9600 and I was using them till the GPSFix did it automatically, now I left it in default...

I hope I helped a bit ;)

Thank you for information, I will try that. Please don't understand me wrong, I thought this will improve the rom.

Regards

Guest surenz
Help Please

GC_JC2_23549_Liite_8PP.z01 " z01" what is this? i mean in Octans i cant use it. what should i do with it?

Use Winzip as any other program recognizes this format. The .zip file is part1 and the .z01 is part2 of the archive.

Guest Rdy2Go
You are 100% right Gary...

BTW did you have this problem with the Email ??? Do you use the phone for Emails?

Anybody else had a problem with Emails with JC1 or JC2?

My SMS works fine... :) ;)

Mails do not work with this ROM - I was unable to open any message!!!

I had to go back to JC1 ASAP.

Guest Stockholm
Mails do not work with this ROM - I was unable to open any message!!!

I had to go back to JC1 ASAP.

Same here, jc1 works fine. With jc2 "email picture" from camera did not work.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Same here, jc1 works fine. With jc2 "email picture" from camera did not work.

sms/email was not changed/removed/altered in any way.

I tested both before I uploaded the rom. Both worked ok.

I just tested getting email from my account in the USA and all worked ok.

Guest heretic2006

This rom is very nice. However, I need the Chines fonts, which were deleted. Can you leave them in so I can browse Chinese web pages?

Thanks

Guest Lancez
This rom is very nice. However, I need the Chines fonts, which were deleted. Can you leave them in so I can browse Chinese web pages?

Thanks

u can find it here, post # 56

Guest Terry666
sms/email was not changed/removed/altered in any way.

I tested both before I uploaded the rom. Both worked ok.

I just tested getting email from my account in the USA and all worked ok.

Dear Gary our admiration is given ;) and we ALL thank you for your effort but for some of us looks like the JC2 giving us few problems like the Email and MMS...

If not everybody have that; then again no problem... Our bad luck NOT your fault...

For me personally I flashed back to your JC1 and I'm very very happy!!!!

Thanks again MASTER (YODA or not) your faithful apprentice... :)

Guest pterodont

Hello Gary,

What versions of Phone and CSC you are suggesting to use with JC1 Lite version? And if possible where can we find them?

I have tested JC1 Lite with CSC: I8000AMNJB3 and Phone: I8000XXJB2, but the csc has networks and logo hardcoded to orange, I personally don't like that. One more problem - no sms is displayed in "received" " send" or "all" sections...

p.s. JC1 lite is the kind of rom I've been looking for my phone and I've finally found it, very good job! It will be great if I manage it working properly.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hello Gary,

What versions of Phone and CSC you are suggesting to use with JC1 Lite version? And if possible where can we find them?

I have tested JC1 Lite with CSC: I8000AMNJB3 and Phone: I8000XXJB2, but the csc has networks and logo hardcoded to orange, I personally don't like that. One more problem - no sms is displayed in "received" " send" or "all" sections...

p.s. JC1 lite is the kind of rom I've been looking for my phone and I've finally found it, very good job! It will be great if I manage it working properly.

I use I8000XXJB2 for phone and I8000XEBJB3 for CSC.

Am working on Email/SMS problems.

Guest Alex823
Can someone who has installed JC2 Lite, put these files in the \Windows folder and check to make sure email and sms now work properly. Unzip first, please.

email_sms.zip

I still recive just the headers. Can't see the content of emails.

anyway, great ROM Gary

Guest Stockholm
I still recive just the headers. Can't see the content of emails.

anyway, great ROM Gary

I changed back to jc1 and am very happy with, it all works great. Thank you so much Gary super job.

Is there any major changes on jc2 that's make it worth changing?

If so, now is the time... before I install my stuff!

Guest JezzyJeff

Just wanted to report.

I'm on your newest ROM since yesterday, though I'm from Germany... German JB3 .csc so I got at least the German keyboard, which works just perfekt, same as the rest of the ROM. But unfortunately i got the same Mail problems as other users have reported.

Hoping for a solution.... Not even Mail-preview in S2U2 works btw, makes sense but still wanted to report :)

MfG, JJ

Guest heretic2006
The font does not look as nice as the original one, but works ok. Thanks

Back to the secany romn, too many issues with this lite rom (yes, emails still only show heads)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Ok. Here is a new rom, which I am currently using, which does display the emails/messages and

not just the headers.

Can someone try this?

GC_JC2_Lite_Email_SMS_Fix

It's one zip file. Just flash it and email/sms should work. Been testing for a while now.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher
wow, Gary's personal ROM, limited time offer!

@ Gary

u might wanna fix that "JB2" :)

thank you

JB2? Whoops! My mistake. I meant JC2.

Edited by Gary Crutcher