i8000 WM6.5 ROM (Updated 18 July 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Lancez
JB2? Whoops! My mistake. I meant JC2.

ya, the name on the link :)

i dont know why they have such problem, i didnt have problem with email, i dont use SMS-MMS though.

Edited by Lancez

Guest Gary Crutcher
ya, the name on the link :)

i dont know why they have such problem, i didnt have problem with email, i dont use SMS-MMS though.

What I find interesting is that if we all have the same phone - same parts, etc - why does a rom

work differently for everyone?

Guest Lancez
What I find interesting is that if we all have the same phone - same parts, etc - why does a rom

well, i would say that not everybody is happy with english ROM. so some people try to flash with other CSC and hoping to get whatever the language they want. of course it might caused by settings, apps and as well as some language fonts. which some of them will cause problems.

but its just my wild guess :)

Edited by Lancez

Guest skoda60
Ok. Here is a new rom, which I am currently using, which does display the emails/messages and

not just the headers.

Can someone try this?

GC_JC2_Lite_Email_SMS_Fix

It's one zip file. Just flash it and email/sms should work. Been testing for a while now.

I flashed to JC2_lite yesterday and Install all my programs and done a sprite Backup. My system Eboot JC2, csc JB3, Phone JB2.

I used Resco explorer to copy "GC_JC2_Lite_Email_SMS_Fix" and one of the ROM file was replaced. Reboot and the email not working. Done a hard reset, restored all my program back and it worked. Camera to my yahoo email worked. All other program worked. But the pop up menu went back to WM6.5 style on JC2 where on JC1 was WM6.1 style.

post-433401-1269400559_thumb.png

Guest chocobo9

I recently flashed my rom with GC's JC1 but I'm having trouble sending SMS written in chinese , the recipients received "???????" what possibly could cause this problem?

Guest Lancez
I flashed to JC2_lite yesterday and Install all my programs and done a sprite Backup. My system Eboot JC2, csc JB3, Phone JB2.

I used Resco explorer to copy "GC_JC2_Lite_Email_SMS_Fix" and one of the ROM file was replaced. Reboot and the email not working. Done a hard reset, restored all my program back and it worked. Camera to my yahoo email worked. All other program worked. But the pop up menu went back to WM6.5 style on JC2 where on JC1 was WM6.1 style.

@ skoda60

which chinese font did u install? thanks

I recently flashed my rom with GC's JC1 but I'm having trouble sending SMS written in chinese , the recipients received "???????" what possibly could cause this problem?

u need to install chinese font to show chinese.

Guest sushi_kun

Hi, i'm kinda new in flashing ultra-lite roms, what will I do if I want to flash to the newest version of this ultralite rom? Ive downloaded the 2 files on the first page under the latest update, seems like another archive is missing.. it only has a z01 and a zip file. Thanks in advance.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi, i'm kinda new in flashing ultra-lite roms, what will I do if I want to flash to the newest version of this ultralite rom? Ive downloaded the 2 files on the first page under the latest update, seems like another archive is missing.. it only has a z01 and a zip file. Thanks in advance.

Use winzip or winrar and double-click on the .zip file.

Actually, there is a newer post in post #398.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest kydkylin

You can try this.

Samsung SMS-MMS->Menu->Options->Compose. Select" Use Unicode when necessary".

Cheers.

Guest skoda60
@ skoda60

which chinese font did u install? thanks

u need to install chinese font to show chinese.

I installed chinese reading cab. The screen displayed was on my voicebook2 program's font "doulos SIL" as shown on picture. But even I change to Courier New or Tahoma. It gave me the same wording. BTW I was on listening mode more then reading mode.

Guest skoda60

more interesting was on the same phone: Before I flashed to JC2. It was on JC1 and my pop up menu was on old wm6.1 style. When I flashed from JC2 to JC1 back, the pop up menu change back to wm6.5 style.

Guest Terry666
Ok. Here is a new rom, which I am currently using, which does display the emails/messages and

not just the headers.

Can someone try this?

GC_JC2_Lite_Email_SMS_Fix

It's one zip file. Just flash it and email/sms should work. Been testing for a while now.

Hey Gary I'm d/l the ROM now and I'll flash the moment it'll finish... If time permits me I'll report later today or tomorrow... Thanks.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hey Gary I'm d/l the ROM now and I'll flash the moment it'll finish... If time permits me I'll report later today or tomorrow... Thanks.

Thanks Terry666.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Guest Terry666
Thanks Terry666.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Flashed CJ2, Email - SMS - GPS tested both ways all FINE!!! ;) :P

Ah! Eboot: CJ2 / PDA: CJ2 / CSC: JB3 / Phone: JB2

I'm installing programs for final RAM and ROM...

I'LL BE BACK!!! :)

DONE!!!!

All my progies in... (SPB's SHELL/KEYB/WEATHER/TIME - S2U2 = ON and all the other progies and CABs in "MY STORAGE or "MAIN MEMORY)

Started with ROM: 245MB RAM: 90MB !!!

Ended with ROM: 183MB RAM: 72MB For me same as with CJ1...

I hope that will help some one...

Edited by Terry666

Guest Gary Crutcher
Flashed CJ2, Email - SMS - GPS tested both ways all FINE!!! ;) :P

Ah! Eboot: CJ2 / PDA: CJ2 / CSC: JB3 / Phone: JB2

I'm installing programs for final RAM and ROM...

I'LL BE BACK!!! :)

DONE!!!!

All my progies in... (SPB's SHELL/KEYB/WEATHER/TIME - S2U2 = ON and all the other progies and CABs in "MY STORAGE or "MAIN MEMORY)

Started with ROM: 245MB RAM: 90MB !!!

Ended with ROM: 183MB RAM: 72MB For me same as with CJ1...

I hope that will help some one...

Thanks for the feedback.

I will post the update in the 1st post.

Guest protogeo

hi m8s...

now my PDA :I8000NXXIJ3 / CSC : I8000EURIJ5 / PHONE :I8000XXIJ1

i wanna flash the "21 Mar 2010: JC2 Lite version" from the first page... is it newer or no?

its the first time i try to flash my i8000...

i tried to download the rom from the two links... and the file in the first link is .z01 and the file in the second link is rar (which i exctract it as normal)

what to do with z01 file?

thank you very much in advance

Edited by protogeo

Guest Gary Crutcher
hi m8s...

now my PDA :I8000NXXIJ3 / CSC : I8000EURIJ5 / PHONE :I8000XXIJ1

i wanna flash the "21 Mar 2010: JC2 Lite version" from the first page... is it newer or no?

its the first time i try to flash my i8000...

i tried to download the rom from the two links... and the file in the first link is .z01 and the file in the second link is rar (which i exctract it as normal)

what to do with z01 file?

thank you very much in advance

Download the 24 Mar version - it has an email-sms fix in it. Only 1 file to download.

Guest chocobo9
You can try this.

Samsung SMS-MMS->Menu->Options->Compose. Select" Use Unicode when necessary".

Cheers.

I can't find samsung sms-mms in this rom, am I blind or what.

I had tried find similar option in the default sms app also.

strangely I can read but receiver can't display, I tried sending an sms in chinese to myself and it showed ???? too

Guest protogeo
Download the 24 Mar version - it has an email-sms fix in it. Only 1 file to download.

thx m8... i've already done this and i already flashed my i8000....

thank you very much

Guest chocobo9
I can't find samsung sms-mms in this rom, am I blind or what.

I had tried find similar option in the default sms app also.

strangely I can read but receiver can't display, I tried sending an sms in chinese to myself and it showed ???? too

oops, i was blind, i found the option finally.

thank you so much. and thanks gary for this wonderful rom. my o2 finally can handle some decent multitaskings

Guest Terry666
Hey Gary please make a pagepool patch for 20mb please? i need it :)

Can you tell us why????

We need to know if is better with 20MB pagepool as 20MB have the original full ROM and it's NOT more stable!!!! I use this ROM and I know it....

Thank you in advance....

Guest paramore
Can you tell us why????

We need to know if is better with 20MB pagepool as 20MB have the original full ROM and it's NOT more stable!!!! I use this ROM and I know it....

Thank you in advance....

with 8mb for page pool, htc sense freeze, lagg, but wiht 20mb is more faster and stable

check this:

Been playing with different pagepool sizes and I've found some interesting behaviour on different pagepool size that I like to share with all.

Flashed with 8MB pagepool size, you'll get 151MB program ram like twu2 1st post memory screenshot.

Found 2 odd thing on this size was,

1. USB connection on MS/Mass storage frequently being cut-off & reconnect.

2. Files copy during USB Connection on Mass storage freeze for many seconds before back to normal again for unknown reason.

Flashed with 12MB pagepool size, you'll get 147MB program ram.

Almost like 8MB, but with much much lesser USB connection cut-off. Found one occasion phone freeze during boot-up.

post-31662-1269422595_thumb.jpg

Flashed with 16MB pagepool size, you'll get 143MB program ram

No USB connection cut-off and no phone freeze during boot-up problem.

post-31662-1269422621_thumb.jpg

Flashed with the original official rom 20MB pagepool size, you'll get only 139MB program ram

No USB connection cut-off and no phone freeze during boot-up problem.

post-31662-1269422641_thumb.jpg

Edited by paramore