i8000 WM6.5 ROM (Updated 18 July 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Terry666
with 8mb for page pool, htc sense freeze, lagg, but wiht 20mb is more faster and stable

check this:

I'm not so experienced but looks like to me the problem is with the "HTC Sense" as I use SPB's Shell heavily loaded (7 pages on lifestyle plus 3 in Professional) and no problems...

Thank you again...

Guest skoda60

Flashed JC2 lite 24 Mar 2010. All program worked except the lock screen had beed changed to the older wm5 style. How to change it back to wm6.5 style included slide to answer phone etc. Thank for reply.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Flashed JC2 lite 24 Mar 2010. All program worked except the lock screen had beed changed to the older wm5 style. How to change it back to wm6.5 style included slide to answer phone etc. Thank for reply.

I'm investigating what happened.

Guest Gary Crutcher

If you turned on the lockscreen through Samsung settings, then do the following to get the slider back:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\microsoft\Shell\LockScreen]

"Enable"=dword:00000000

Set to:

"Enable"=dword:00000001

Guest plguzman

Gary, why you prefer WM 6.5 over 6.5.x? I ask that because it seems you release more ROMs for this version than 6.5.x. Any special reason?

Cheers

Guest skoda60
If you turned on the lockscreen through Samsung settings, then do the following to get the slider back:

"Enable"=dword:00000000

Set to:

"Enable"=dword:00000001

Good man, done.

BTW How to change the pop up menu from WM6.5 to wm6.1 style. wm6.5 pop up style, please refer to Post #404. When I flashed JC1 lite the first time, the pop up menu was wm6.1 style, the spacing was smaller then wm6.5 which came with the up/down arrow for scrolling.

But I flashed back from JC2 and JC1, it changed back to wm6.5 style. Thank!

The lattest JC2 was great!

Guest garyfl

i prefer this 6.5 compared to 6.5.x 6.5 was made for the phone and fits the apps perfectly, where as 6.5.x in apps such as calculator or even the sip are misaligned, theres also more free ram and the overall experience is snappy. a question for you gary though mate is there a patch you can tell us to do to manually change the pagepool ? i ask this cos im stuck in a damn 2 year contract with the damn thing now and im sick of the shoddy free ram available and ive heard if pagepool is set to 0 - dynamic - then it frees up to around 160mb ram. it may solve all the freezing problems ie youve set it to 8 and it cant go any higher so if the device requires the ramn it cant utilize it and it freezes yet if its dynamic it will utilize it when needed but give it back when not needed, win win. let me know look forward to more ram on this piece of poo lol.

cheers

Guest unholygid2006

Hi Gary,

Any chance to make your upcoming roms work with thai CSC like KC's?

I need thai lang on my phone also.

Hope its not much of a trouble for u since u are from thailand :)

Guest Gary Crutcher
Gary, why you prefer WM 6.5 over 6.5.x? I ask that because it seems you release more ROMs for this version than 6.5.x. Any special reason?

Cheers

It all depends on what O/S source I can get my hands on.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary,

Any chance to make your upcoming roms work with thai CSC like KC's?

I need thai lang on my phone also.

Hope its not much of a trouble for u since u are from thailand :)

Yes, I live in Thailand, but I speak very little Thai and do not write Thai.

I am an American living/teaching in Bankok.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Great news!!! What will be the diferences between JC2 and this version?

I did not get any change log with this upcoming version.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Good man, done.

BTW How to change the pop up menu from WM6.5 to wm6.1 style. wm6.5 pop up style, please refer to Post #404. When I flashed JC1 lite the first time, the pop up menu was wm6.1 style, the spacing was smaller then wm6.5 which came with the up/down arrow for scrolling.

But I flashed back from JC2 and JC1, it changed back to wm6.5 style. Thank!

The lattest JC2 was great!

I did not change any of the menus. Could be something changed between

JC1 and JC2.

Will look into what may have changed.

Is spacing and the arrows the the only issue?

Guest Gary Crutcher

If anyone is having problems with the Samsung messaging not showing up in the Start Menu, do the following:

Create a link to SMS-MMS.exe (in the \Windows folder) and place it in the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder.

Guest jebise
If anyone is having problems with the Samsung messaging not showing up in the Start Menu, do the following:

Create a link to SMS-MMS.exe (in the \Windows folder) and place it in the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder.

hey gary can you make a ROM with the fixes mentioned such as SMS and lockscreen?

I know they are simple fixes i can do without much hassel, but i just want a prefect ROM with all fixes so if i ever need to hard reset i don't for get to patch something. Still running JB3 right now and its the best for me, all samsung apps with some extras.

Ohh and btw what version of SDKcerts are you using? tried to play karzy kart racing and didnot install the sdkcert cab that came with the game and it did not work and the only way was to install the certificates.

Edited by jebise

Guest Gary Crutcher
hey gary can you make a ROM with the fixes mentioned such as SMS and lockscreen?

I know they are simple fixes i can do without much hassel, but i just want a prefect ROM with all fixes so if i ever need to hard reset i don't for get to patch something. Still running JB3 right now and its the best for me, all samsung apps with some extras.

Ohh and btw what version of SDKcerts are you using? tried to play karzy kart racing and didnot install the sdkcert cab that came with the game and it did not work and the only way was to install the certificates.

I will post a new rom (21897) this weekend with fixes.

Please provide a copy of the sdkcerts that worked so I can look at it.

Thanks.

Guest skoda60
I will post a new rom (21897) this weekend with fixes.

Please provide a copy of the sdkcerts that worked so I can look at it.

Thanks.

Good new indeed, thank!

twu2I8000HZHJC2 EN LITE ROM 20100323 (support English only) by twu2.

It can change pagepool to 12mb, 16mb or 20mb. please refer to the above link post #7 - #14. Gary can you do something the same on your ROM. Some people may need it.

First time flashed to JC1 Lite I had wm6.1 pop up style as shown on the attached picture. After I flashed to JC2 lite and then back to JC1 Lite. No more wm6.1 pop up style. Any one know how to tweat the registry. Thank!

post-433401-1269597634_thumb.png

Edited by skoda60

Guest Gary Crutcher
Good new indeed, thank!

twu2I8000HZHJC2 EN LITE ROM 20100323 (support English only) by twu2.

It can change pagepool to 12mb, 16mb or 20mb. please refer to the above link post #7 - #14. Gary can you do something the same on your ROM. Some people may need it.

First time flashed to JC1 Lite I had wm6.1 pop up style as shown on the attached picture. After I flashed to JC2 lite and then back to JC1 Lite. No more wm6.1 pop up style. Any one know how to tweat the registry. Thank!

Very strange you did not have wm6.1 popup when re-flashed to JC1.

Ok..I understand twu2 does his pagepool changing. I have downloaded the files that andreas john has ported to win32

for changing binary files and will see what I can do with them.

Right now, I have a list of things I need to do to release 21897 this weekend, plus a lot of testing.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher

OK... I have a Page Pool Changer which I will include with weekend's update to 21897.

You will be able to change the Page Pool from the original 8MB to: 0MB, 12MB, 16MB or 20MB

Guest Gary Crutcher
Gary,

I'm very satisfied with your JC1 custom rom, here is a little prove for my happiness: 7VP44530SD448324G

Great work!

Thank you very much!! ;) :) :P