i8000 WM6.5 ROM (Updated 18 July 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest @reims
JC2 - 21897 posted in post #1.

This an 8MB page pool ROM, but page pool can be changed.

Please, please read the ALL the instructions before patching the page pool.

Enjoy!! :P

Just finished downloading and flashing. Testing it now.

Much appreciated for your excellent job Gary.

Guest jebise

just installed it, looking at the start menu all i can say is not what i been used to. Your JB3 ROM had the default apps with the icons that where in the original. It this one all default winmo apps are there plus the samsung icons. Not really a big issue but just weird.

Also note the phone button dose not do anything. When i press it the dial pad dose not open, other weird thing is it will not hard reset. typed in the number and it dose nothing also tried resting through samsung settings and nothing.

Edited by jebise

Guest Gary Crutcher
i can overlook everything, but cannot overlook the hardware button for phone calls.

Uh...can you be more specific.

Hardware button (left button) displays dialer - works ok.

Guest jebise

yes the left button (to get the dialer pad). It dose not do anything for me, I even re flashed it and nothing.

EDIT:

Weird i had to click phone on the titainium which launched the dialer pad and then the button started working again. I had noticed with JB3 i had to manually start my data so that it would start connecting automatically when apps needed them same case for GPS.

It seems most items need to be launched manually the very first time then they work as normal. For you next release can you go back to how you had the icons in JB3, Not talking about the smaller icons or more columns as i'm fine with that but rather the icons themselves. JB3 was prefect in terms of amount of icons, i guess you may have added the extra icons for some users that requested it and is that is the case i'm sorry to have bothered you.

Edited by jebise

Guest skoda60

Thank Gary, tested the latest ROM. It was excellance. I still like the default pp, no problem with my applications. Enjoy!

All my programs installed and I still have 85mb after boot as shown in the attached picture.

post-433401-1269759124_thumb.jpg

Edited by skoda60

Guest Gary Crutcher
dont get me wrong gary, This ROM will stay with me for a long time very good ROM and great work. Just voicing my opinion :P

Thanks for the feedback.

Am trying to resolve why the left hardware button does not work until you click phone on titanium panel.

Same issue with 21892. :(

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher

Ok...seems to be bug in Titanium.

I went back to JB3 and same problem.

If I go into today settings and disable Windows default, the left button displays the dialer.

Also discovered it happens in the 6.5.5 branch as well.

Easy fix: just click on the titanium clock, then should work.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest unholygid2006

Hi Gary.

Hope u can cook this new rom build based on the european JC1 when you are free of cos :P

As the chinese roms don't work with many CSC. I can view chinese and thai fonts with the european JC1 and your JB3 rom without any problems at all.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary.

Hope u can cook this new rom build based on the european JC1 when you are free of cos :P

As the chinese roms don't work with many CSC. I can view chinese and thai fonts with the european JC1 and your JB3 rom without any problems at all.

I'll see what I can do.

Working on 23551 right now.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Thank Gary, tested the latest ROM. It was excellance. I still like the default pp, no problem with my applications. Enjoy!

All my programs installed and I still have 85mb after boot as shown in the attached picture.

Thank you! :P

And thank you for sharing the pics.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hey Gary, can you link build 23551 rollups? How it goes?

Working on it now.

Just adding Sonblack's Titanium to ROM.

Still need to do some testing.

If all goes well, should be available by middle of week.

Guest surenz
Hi Gary.

Hope u can cook this new rom build based on the european JC1 when you are free of cos :(

+1

in Google maps the Cyrillic fonts in the status messages are shown in squares. I suppose because of the Chinese origins of that ROM. It is not the Tahoma font that mess the things.

Also another proposal is to put the amc_text_renderer.ax from the European version in your ROM because the original doesn't show subtitles in Touch player /of course if u make European based version of your ROM this proposal is useless :P /

Thanks, Gary

Guest enrico988
Working on it now.

Just adding Sonblack's Titanium to ROM.

Still need to do some testing.

If all goes well, should be available by middle of week.

I mean also the link to the 23551 rollup, I want to cook in my rom..

Thanks