i8000 WM6.5 ROM (Updated 18 July 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest -switch-

Quick question;

I will be flashing my Omnia2 for the first time. Anything I should be careful about? Will flashing erase my contacts? If yes, what file should I be looking for to save it?

Thx

Guest speedfrog
Quick question;

I will be flashing my Omnia2 for the first time. Anything I should be careful about? Will flashing erase my contacts? If yes, what file should I be looking for to save it?

Thx

When you flash your phone, it will do a hardrest, if you want to keep your contacts, text,email etc i recomend you to downlad PIM backup or Microsoft my phone.

Edited by speedfrog

Guest jebise
When you flash your phone, it will do a hardrest, if you want to keep your contacts, text,email etc i recomend you to downlad PIM backup or Microsoft my phone.

or just store them on the sim card. I encounter an issue with the keyboard. It no longer highlights the letter you selected on like before when yo click a letter the letter highlights and then you get a bigger popup type kida like how the iphone is but no longer the case.

Guest -switch-

Got it, thanks for your comments. I also like the typing (iphone style) popup. Anyone working on it? Should we be somehow saving our current keyboard and reloading it back after flashing? Any bright ideas?

Thx

Guest jebise

maybe gary should include swipe in his next release. PM me gary and i can get it for you if you want to add it.

Edited by jebise

Guest Khisha

Hey Gary.

For last week I have been using your JC2 ROM. It is perfect, but there is some strange issue.

The phone performs a reboot by itself every other day. Luckily it doesn't shut off, just reboot. But it's something worth mentioning.

I don't know why. It used to shut off without notice back on WM6.1, but since A1 I haven't had any issue with that.

Perhaps it's because of CSC. Usually I use XEU CSC, but this time it wasn't available so i flashed XEEJC1 CSC and XXJB2 phone.

Other request I have for future ROMS. Please leave Samsung Today intact. I know that I can install it later, but cooked in applications are working faster than installed.

Guest unholygid2006

Hi Gary,

hope you have time to complete the JC1 rom based on the european one. I'm still using your JB3 rom.

Chinese roms have problems with fonts and doesn't seem to suit some CSC.

With your JB3 rom.. i have no problems reading thai or chinese lang from my phone.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary,

hope you have time to complete the JC1 rom based on the european one. I'm still using your JB3 rom.

With your JB3 rom.. i have no problems reading thai or chinese lang from my phone.

Working on Euro JC1. Hopefully uploaded this weekend.

Guest skoda60
Working on Euro JC1. Hopefully uploaded this weekend.

Now I used back JC2 updated version. It worked better then 21897. If possible not to removed those language files. Those program you removed like 21897 was ok for me. Even I installed reading chinese.cab but still not good then original Samsung language pack which came with O2.

Waiting for this europian JC1 to come.

Thank Gary!

Guest Gary Crutcher
G alarm and SPB time 3.0 will just light up the screen without ringing. Anyone have a solution please.

Just tried SPB Time 3.2.1 on Euro JC1 I am working on and it worked ok with sound.

Maybe you should upgrade your SPB Time.

Guest HAL_9000

Hello Gary

Your JC2 Lite is THE BEST ROM for O2.

More free RAM and space in memory, faster and better then Secany JB1.

Nice work!

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hello Gary

Your JC2 Lite is THE BEST ROM for O2.

More free RAM and space in memory, faster and better then Secany JB1.

Nice work!

Thanks! :P

Guest Stockholm
G alarm and SPB time 3.0 will just light up the screen without ringing. Anyone have a solution please.

There was a setting somewhere that I messed up. Booth of them works just fine...

Edited by Stockholm

Guest skoda60
Hi Gary,

Brother, which JB3 are you using? Just encountered that I can't read my Chinese ebook with king reader 3.4. All appear with square box even installed reading chinese.cab can't help. But I can read those Chinese web page which I frequently visited. Thank!

Gary, hope your Euro JC1 ROM can solved all the problems we are facing. Meantime I was using JC2 Lite updated version with the above drawback. Reading Chinese.cab still cannot challenge with Samsung Language pack. I enjoy your ROM and hope you can included in.

Edited by skoda60

Guest Gary Crutcher
Brother, which JB3 are you using? Just encountered that I can't read my Chinese ebook with king reader 3.4. All appear with square box even installed reading chinese.cab can't help. But I can read those Chinese web page which I frequently visited. Thank!

Gary, hope your Euro JC1 ROM can solved all the problems we are facing. Meantime I was using JC2 Lite updated version with the above drawback. Reading Chinese.cab still cannot challenge with Samsung Language pack. I enjoy your ROM and hope you can included in.

The Euro JC1 I am working on, I am leaving all language files in the rom.

Should work okay with your chinese.cab

Hope to post it tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest.

Am currently using XEUJC1 CSC (Euro version).

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest skoda60
The Euro JC1 I am working on, I am leaving all language files in the rom.

Should work okay with your chinese.cab

Hope to post it tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest.

Am currently using XEUJC1 CSC (Euro version).

Thank Gary. ===Deleted== Edited by skoda60

Guest Lancez

for those of u who has problem reading chinese, u need to install 10M YaHei font cab from sonblack's ROM thread posted by me. i installed it on any ZHJC2 ROMs including Gary's. never had any problems, ZUJC1 & ZHJC2 r chinese based ROM, all u need is a right chinese font cab.

sometimes u need to look around instead complaining.

Guest unholygid2006

Of cos you dont have problems if you only need 2 lang on your phone.

FOr me.. i need english thai and chinese fonts. I installed chinese and thai fonts on my phone and it messes up my phone's fonts.

Anyway i'm not complaining. Its the gary's decision whether he want to cook the european rom with the lang files for us. I'm just requesting if its possible for him to cook a rom on the european JC1 rom

. If he doesn't cook i'll still be using his J3 rom because it can read mutiple lang.

Anyway thanks Gary for your effort... i and many others really appreciate your hard work.

Love your roms!!

Edited by unholygid2006

Guest Gary Crutcher
Of cos you dont have problems if you only need 2 lang on your phone.

FOr me.. i need english thai and chinese fonts. I installed chinese and thai fonts on my phone and it messes up my phone's fonts.

Anyway i'm not complaining. Its the gary's decision whether he want to cook the european rom with the lang files for us. I'm just requesting if its possible for him to cook a rom on the european JC1 rom

. If he doesn't cook i'll still be using his J3 rom because it can read mutiple lang.

Anyway thanks Gary for your effort... i and many others really appreciate your hard work.

Love your roms!!

Euro JC1 rom will be posted Sunday morning. (Bangkok time :P)

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest unholygid2006
Euro JC1 rom will be posted Sunday morning. (Bangkok time :P)

Woo... that means -1 hour for me :(

Thanks a lot Gary!!

Guest Gary Crutcher

Uploading Euro JC1 to rapidshare now - should take about 45 minutes, then I

will post the download info in post #1.

Includes a page pool changer.

EURO JC1 now posted in Post #1.

Enjoy! :P

Edited by Gary Crutcher