i8000 WM6.5 ROM (Updated 18 July 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Terry666
Did you check your phone connection under XP?

I have noticed that with JD4, my memory went down to 151MB available from 159MB.

I have not flashed the JB4 eBoot and do not plan to. Could be something in JD4 that

got broken when Samsung/MS made the new rom. Not sure.

Yes Gary under XP works ok, that's how I re-flashed with the JC2 the Win 7 quit on me :huh:

I've tried everything but re-format...

Guest Gary Crutcher
Yes Gary under XP works ok, that's how I re-flashed with the JC2 the Win 7 quit on me :huh:

I've tried everything but re-format...

OK, I am using Win7 32-bit and an older mits xp-driver to flash under Win7.

Could be that your Win7 updated the driver silently. I have had that happen before.

Then I had to re-install the older mits driver.

Guest Terry666
OK, I am using Win7 32-bit and an older mits xp-driver to flash under Win7.

Could be that your Win7 updated the driver silently. I have had that happen before.

Then I had to re-install the older mits driver.

Hi Gary

I find the problem and was a combination of my USB hub and Windows reinstalling the MIT in spite my reinstalling it couple of times!!!

Finally I'm re-flashing at this moment with the full JD4 and straight after this I'll re-flash with yours and we'll see...

Sorry if I caused you any trouble and thank you for your replies... :P

I'll report back the results...

Looks FINE mate tomorrow I'll test it more...(4AM here...)

A lot of testing and re-flashing to see the reaction.

ALL well!!! One more STAR ROM from the MASTER!!!

OK now for the JD6... :huh:

Edited by Terry666

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary

I find the problem and was a combination of my USB hub and Windows reinstalling the MIT in spite my reinstalling it couple of times!!!

Finally I'm re-flashing at this moment with the full JD4 and straight after this I'll re-flash with yours and we'll see...

Sorry if I caused you any trouble and thank you for your replies... :blink:

I'll report back the results...

Looks FINE mate tomorrow I'll test it more...(4AM here...)

OK now for the JD6... :huh:

Hi Terry,

Glad to hear you may have solved the problem! :P

Guest Terry666

Hey Gary have you use this ROM? If yes have you notice a memory leak? :D

I started with 66MB almost immediately go down to 59MB and without using the phone or just a little, falling down to even 45MB!!! And the phone is lagging a bit... :P

I'm using the same configuration as more than a year now meaning SPB's Shell 3.5.x / Keyboard / weather / Time w/o Samsung Today or anything else, except lately I'm using "Vostradamus" Shell Manager but with ONLY 4 widgets...

I'd like your Today's default but I can't stop using SPB, I'm addicted to it... :P

Just food for thought...

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hey Gary have you use this ROM? If yes have you notice a memory leak? :D

I started with 66MB almost immediately go down to 59MB and without using the phone or just a little, falling down to even 45MB!!! And the phone is lagging a bit... :P

I'm using the same configuration as more than a year now meaning SPB's Shell 3.5.x / Keyboard / weather / Time w/o Samsung Today or anything else, except lately I'm using "Vostradamus" Shell Manager but with ONLY 4 widgets...

I'd like your Today's default but I can't stop using SPB, I'm addicted to it... :P

Just food for thought...

I don't think the memory leak has been fixed.

Even with JD3/23563 which I am using, I notice a memory leak.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Clemenzo
I don't think the memory leak has been fixed.

Even with JD3/23563 which I am using, I notice a memory leak.

Hi Gary,

Any plan for JE2 release?

Guest High_Frame
Nothing was changed/removed to affect SMS/MMS.

Language keyboards were re-installed and Kies issue was fixed.

Should not affect SMS/MMS.

I have this issue also. Can't receive any incoming sms. Will appreciate if u can guide me, thx.

Guest ra6o74

Hi, Gary!

What's up with you? You haven't post almost a month new lite 6.5 ROM! I'm still using your JC2 21897 and I'm excited with it, but I'm thinking if you can do JD6/JE2 Lite ROM with Samsung today included? Or even Rapid's Sense 2.5? Am I asking too much from you?

Edited by ra6o74

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi, Gary!

What's up with you? You haven't post almost a month new lite 6.5 ROM! I'm still using your JC2 21897 and I'm excited with it, but I'm thinking if you can do JD6/JE2 Lite ROM with Samsung today included? Or even Rapid's Sense 2.5? Am I asking too much from you?

Well...between things happening in Bangkok, being sick for a few days, school starting and getting married on 29 May.... I have been very busy.

Hope to have a new release soon.

Guest froggyman
Well...between things happening in Bangkok, being sick for a few days, school starting and getting married on 29 May.... I have been very busy.

Take care...& Congratulations :(

Edited by froggyman

Guest ra6o74

Congratulations, Gary! Wish you luck

• 1 month later...
Guest Terry666
JE2 posted in post #1.

Enjoy! :lol:

Hi Gary

THANK YOU for allow me the 1st test of this LITE-JE2!!!

I think is your MASTERPIECE in WM6.5...

With ALL my programs installed and running for more than 24 hours now, little GPS, a lot of music, 2 MMS, couple of calls few pics and running the MotoGP, F1, and World Cup programs and of course ASPHALT4...

(I can't call it LITE NOW as I have install almost ALL the programs from original JE2 plus mine; but THAT'S what I like with the LITE ROMs, I install whatever I like in "My Storage"...)

Currently with SPB Shell 3.5.5 RAM= 60MB ROM= 188MB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can say only that's

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<AWESOME>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

5PN19520KE3380831

Edited by Terry666

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary

THANK YOU for allow me the 1st test of this LITE-JE2!!!

I think is your MASTERPIECE in WM6.5...

With ALL my programs installed and running for more than 24 hours now, little GPS, a lot of music, 2 MMS, couple of calls few pics and running the MotoGP, F1, and World Cup programs and of course ASPHALT4...

(I can't call it LITE NOW as I have install almost ALL the programs from original JE2 plus mine; but THAT'S what I like with the LITE ROMs, I install whatever I like in "My Storage"...)

Currently with SPB Shell 3.5.5 RAM= 60MB ROM= 188MB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can say only that's

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<AWESOME>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

5PN19520KE3380831

Thanks for the donation.

Happy you like the rom!

:lol:

Guest Gary Crutcher
everytink thank u Gary...pls mirror links...

I do not have an account anywhere else.

I will try to upload to megaupload.com.

Guest HAL_9000

Two questions about JE2 or JC4 (I still using JC2)

1. Is it possible to remove GChris skin and use classic Titanium?

2. If yes, is classic Titanium working in landscape?

Thanks for reply.

Guest ra6o74

Hi Gary!

Until yesterday I was using your JC2 HZH ROM. It is the BEST for me.

I would like from you to remove chris titanium and use default one, and please do not remove Samsung Today (and all related apps)

Thanks you!

Guest whakeem
Two questions about JE2 or JC4 (I still using JC2)

1. Is it possible to remove GChris skin and use classic Titanium?

2. If yes, is classic Titanium working in landscape?

Thanks for reply.

Hi Gary!

Until yesterday I was using your JC2 HZH ROM. It is the BEST for me.

I would like from you to remove chris titanium and use default one, and please do not remove Samsung Today (and all related apps)

Thanks you!

I'm not a professional, but I used to have similar case like yours (I find a nice cooked ROM but the interface on Today screen is not the default / classic titanium which I love, and when I find a default titanium, it is not configured to link to Samsung applications like the messaging and call log).

I found the following post in MoDaCo, by NewForce. It's a classic Titanium skin with configurations to Samsung applications. I have tried it on several cooked ROMs and it works like a charm. I flash my Omnia II alot just for the fun of trying new stuff :)

To try it yourself, do the following:

1. Disable "Windows Default" from [settings/Diplay and Light/Items on Today]

2. Dowload and install the CAB file from Titanium OmniaII P+L mode for Official & Lite rom in Post #1. I am using the one called "For Official and others rom master lite rom". Tried it with several WM 6.5 and 6.5.3 and it works like a charm for both, landscape and portrait.

3. Enable titanium again from [settings/Diplay and Light/Items on Today]

4. Enjoy :D !

I hope this addresses your questions.

Edited by whakeem

Guest HAL_9000

whakeem:

Interesting solution.... Thanks you! :)

BTW: Has anybody Touch Player in cab from JC2 HZH ROM?

Edited by HAL_9000

Guest ra6o74
I'm not a professional, but I used to have similar case like yours (I find a nice cooked ROM but the interface on Today screen is not the default / classic titanium which I love, and when I find a default titanium, it is not configured to link to Samsung applications like the messaging and call log).

I found the following post in MoDaCo, by NewForce. It's a classic Titanium skin with configurations to Samsung applications. I have tried it on several cooked ROMs and it works like a charm. I flash my Omnia II alot just for the fun of trying new stuff :)

To try it yourself, do the following:

1. Disable "Windows Default" from [settings/Diplay and Light/Items on Today]

2. Dowload and install the CAB file from Titanium OmniaII P+L mode for Official & Lite rom in Post #1. I am using the one called "For Official and others rom master lite rom". Tried it with several WM 6.5 and 6.5.3 and it works like a charm for both, landscape and portrait.

3. Enable titanium again from [settings/Diplay and Light/Items on Today]

4. Enjoy :D !

I hope this addresses your questions.

Thank you, I've just downloaded it!

Edited by ra6o74