i8000 WM6.5 ROM (Updated 18 July 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher
Job well done with this rom Mr Crutcher…flashed last night and enjoying very much :(

Fast and smooth with the added free ram.

Had a strange occurrence earlier where the phone locks up on using Windows Mobile Centre on Win 7 and have to remove the battery to restart, seems to happen every time, but all is well in work on my XP machine.

Any of you guys experienced this or know of a solution?

Am using Windows 7 on 2 different computers and no problems using

Mobile Center.

Guest kersey
Am using Windows 7 on 2 different computers and no problems using

Mobile Center.

It must be one of those things at my end...as long as I know it's not a common problem I don't mind. I guess a reboot of my pc with solve it :(

Great rom

Guest Gary Crutcher
GC,

Tested.

Good:

Large icon

Speed is good.

Bad

Only samsungtoday is not working. I am using samsungwidgetplus.

Other:

use Windowmarket to download window live, and game

Overall is very good rom. I will monitor battery consumption, and see any hang

Samsung Today fixed - see first post (V2)

Guest Uss_Defiant
Thanks for the rom!

I got 100MB ram free now.

Nice rom!

100?? I only got 90 rght after flashing.. although I had a memory card in.. not sure if it makes a diff on the omnia 2 as i just got it.. .made a diff on my old Titan though.

Shame about not liking the new 6.5.3... I like this version (its growing on me) but its not quite as finger friendly. Thanks for the response btw

Guest kersey
Samsung Today fixed - see first post (V2)

Any other difference between Version 1 and 2...if not will stick with V1 as I too use SBP shell and am not bothered with Samsung today

Guest godslayer
100?? I only got 90 rght after flashing.. although I had a memory card in.. not sure if it makes a diff on the omnia 2 as i just got it.. .made a diff on my old Titan though.

Shame about not liking the new 6.5.3... I like this version (its growing on me) but its not quite as finger friendly. Thanks for the response btw

need to disable the dialer skin. tat will free up 10MB of ram :(

Guest Gary Crutcher
Any other difference between Version 1 and 2...if not will stick with V1 as I too use SBP shell and am not bothered with Samsung today

No other changes except Samsung Today fix.

Guest johnchua55

Hi may I know what would be recommended Eboot, phone , CSC versions that would go well with this ...... i tried using the stock files from JB1 rom .... my phone would hang after just a minute or less.

Guest nicoscy

Thx for the Rom. after installing all my programs and games i have 78 mb ram and 90 mb Rom on a fresh startup, that is about 12 mb ram and 50 mb rom extra from secanys JB1 with the same configurations, programs and games. Everything works fine so far and i tested almost everything. Thx again, very good work.

Guest lusidiego

GoogleSync impossible to synchronize, ActiveSync not working properly, any help?

Support Code: 0x86000206

UPDATE: SET CORRECT DATA AND TIME, WORK PROPERLY.

Edited by lusidiego

Guest jebise

been looking to get a good rom with just the blot wear removed this seems like one i might update to. Just wondering are all samsung apps default like the phone dialer, sms email etc.

I want a simple rom with just crap removed like widgetplus, podcast, msn money, qik, smart sync, microsoft my phone, search widgets, msn weather etc.

Ohh and whats your RAM at after a fresh boot with just SPB opening

Edited by jebise

Guest Gary Crutcher
been looking to get a good rom with just the blot wear removed this seems like one i might update to. Just wondering are all samsung apps default like the phone dialer, sms email etc.

I want a simple rom with just crap removed like widgetplus, podcast, msn money, qik, smart sync, microsoft my phone, search widgets, msn weather etc.

Ohh and whats your RAM at after a fresh boot with just SPB opening

I did not delete the basic Samsung apps as I use them, just the other stuff (listed in 1st post).

My free ram with SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.3 + MSkip's Ultimate Elegance is 69.10 mb

Guest Gary Crutcher
Is multilanguage xt9 still there?

Is the 12 keypad layout for sms writing still there? (the phonepad style)

I removed all languages except for English.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi may I know what would be recommended Eboot, phone , CSC versions that would go well with this ...... i tried using the stock files from JB1 rom .... my phone would hang after just a minute or less.

Did you flash JB1 with Octans 2.14?

Guest Gary Crutcher
thanks alot but can you please uploade them on different server like fileflyer

I use rapidshare to track downloads and I have a premium account.

Mirrors are ok, but I will only update the links at rapidshare (i.e. post #1).

If someone on this forum wants to upload to another server, it's ok, but

please keep the link names as they are.

Guest forumnetuser

Thanks for the great ROM!

Nevertheless, I'm having a slight problem. SMS messages are coming in, but are not triggering the notifications. It doesn't show up in the top bar notification, the ring alert nor on the spb widget..

Btw, I flashed using Octans Mini, and I'm still using IJ2 as CSC, and IJ1 as phone, btw. Could this be the cause of the problem?

Any advice is appreciated..

Guest Mikroft

Wow this ROM has lots of RAM. Unfortunately I also have the Activesync problem. It locks up the phone and Activesync doesn't connect.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Thanks for the great ROM!

Nevertheless, I'm having a slight problem. SMS messages are coming in, but are not triggering the notifications. It doesn't show up in the top bar notification, the ring alert nor on the spb widget..

Btw, I flashed using Octans Mini, and I'm still using IJ2 as CSC, and IJ1 as phone, btw. Could this be the cause of the problem?

Any advice is appreciated..

As far as Octans Mini is concerned, I don't know.

Have never used it. Am using Octans v2.14

Have not tried using previous versions of CSC/Phone etc. - using all JB1

Guest Gary Crutcher
Wow this ROM has lots of RAM. Unfortunately I also have the Activesync problem. It locks up the phone and Activesync doesn't connect.

Not sure what the problem is.

Have tried this rom on 2 different computers running Win7 with no problems.

Guest jebise
I did not delete the basic Samsung apps as I use them, just the other stuff (listed in 1st post).

My free ram with SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.3 + MSkip's Ultimate Elegance is 69.10 mb

Great just what i was looking for just the basic samsung apps and all bloat ware removed, coz we can always install that later using a cab if needed :(. Will try out your ROM this weekend. I hope i don't get any CSC, Phone problems as i have yet to flash any parts other then PDA and mines are still stock Bell with JA1 PDA. Don't really want to either unless i need to for android or windows phone.

btw how come your program storage total is 151MB while mine is just 139MB weird

Edited by jebise