i8000 WM6.5 ROM (Updated 18 July 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest jebise

well somethings need to be cooked for them to function fully which is the only reason why i asked for voice command. I'm in the same boat as you a ROM with just basic OS and the default samsung apps (dialer, SMS, Clock, Touch Player etc) is all we really need. Nothing more since all the other stuff can be installed later using cabs.

Guest redMANU

Thank Gary very much for your great ROM.

By the way, could Gary or anyone please extract the YouTube app on original JB1 to CAB file since its playback video is better than the version from Google, I guess it has been modified or some tweak registry for our Omnia II. Thanks in advance.

Guest monyozt
@monyozt,

I initially also have problem. Try to unrar the file with zip extention. I done it.

sloved by rename extention to .zip, .z01, .z02

Guest godslayer
well somethings need to be cooked for them to function fully which is the only reason why i asked for voice command. I'm in the same boat as you a ROM with just basic OS and the default samsung apps (dialer, SMS, Clock, Touch Player etc) is all we really need. Nothing more since all the other stuff can be installed later using cabs.

Glad you didn't take it the wrong way.

Im just afraid that sometime or another, someone will ask to bundle in SPB Mobile Shell, DialerACE etc into the rom. Sometimes its not just the rom capacity taking the hit, ram too.

The base rom that Gary provided was around 120MB free (not sure why though the screenshot shows 144MB) and till now I am left with around 30MB free. Assuming that more software gets requested by other users, it probably goes down even lower.

As anyone know, device memory has the fastest speed (beside ram). Hence, if all programs can get ended in there, its ensured its running in the fastest possible way.

In any case, I do not want to rub anyone in the wrong way. Ultimately, he is the cook so he calls the shot.

:(

Guest jebise

I haven't tried this ROM yet (need my phone for work). I would advise gary not to add anything to the rom that dose not add a new function is some way. With voice command cooked in it allows bluetooth voice dialing which could benefit many people. Things like SBP cooking that into the ROM serves no real purpose other then convenience so adding apps will ruin the ROM.

Only reason why i never went with KSTAN or Kuchaki ROMS was because they removed a bit too much. Simple ROM is what we need basic stuff and crapware removed which this ROM has done, cant wait to try it.

I would remove a few more apps through such as;

MSN Weather, Smart Sync, Search Widgets and maybe even opera even though i use it everyday(only reason we can get the beta cab easy)

Yes i'm depending, but this ROM is the first that i actually like and i have tried them all and the funny thing is i haven't even installed it.

Edited by jebise

Guest godslayer
I haven't tried this ROM yet (need my phone for work). I would advise gary not to add anything to the rom that dose not add a new function is some way. With voice command cooked in it allows bluetooth voice dialing which could benefit many people. Things like SBP cooking that into the ROM serves no real purpose other then convenience so adding apps will ruin the ROM.

Only reason why i never went with KSTAN or Kuchaki ROMS was because they removed a bit too much. Simple ROM is what we need basic stuff and crapware removed which this ROM has done, cant wait to try it.

I would remove a few more apps through such as;

MSN Weather, Smart Sync, Search Widgets and maybe even opera even though i use it everyday(only reason we can get the beta cab easy)

Yes i'm depending, but this ROM is the first that i actually like and i have tried them all and the funny thing is i haven't even installed it.

Agree with you totally on this :(

Guest jkgtan
sloved by rename extention to .zip, .z01, .z02

Maybe stupid questions:

1) One file GC_Lite_8PP_V2 unrar result to a pdaGC8pp file.

Believe this is for flashing the phone portion (pls adv if I am wrong).

2) The other 2 files

"GC_Lite_8PP_V2.z01" to GC_Lite_8PP_V2.zip.z01

"GC_Lite_8PP_V2.z02" to GC_Lite_8PP_V2.zip.z02

Had tried using 7-zip to join the 2 file but got unexpected error result. Can see that it is the nbo file but cannot be joined with 7-zip.

Appreciate some adv.

Thank you.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Maybe stupid questions:

1) One file GC_Lite_8PP_V2 unrar result to a pdaGC8pp file.

Believe this is for flashing the phone portion (pls adv if I am wrong).

2) The other 2 files

"GC_Lite_8PP_V2.z01" to GC_Lite_8PP_V2.zip.z01

"GC_Lite_8PP_V2.z02" to GC_Lite_8PP_V2.zip.z02

Had tried using 7-zip to join the 2 file but got unexpected error result. Can see that it is the nbo file but cannot be joined with 7-zip.

Appreciate some adv.

Thank you.

The file posted is in 3 parts and is only the PDA part.

You can use winzip or winrar - just double-click on the 3rd file =>GC_Lite_8PP_V2.zip

Guest Rdy2Go

You can use winzip or winrar - just double-click on the 3rd file =>GC_Lite_8PP_V2.zip

Great ROM, do you consider using JB3 for lite version as well?

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-semi-official/

Seems to be very similar to JB1 so it should be relatively easy to cook it using your kitchen setup.

Guest jkgtan

Sorted out already.

Step by step for idiot like me.

1. download the 3 file.

2. rename the the z01 & z02 to ....V2.zip.z01 & V2.zip.z02

3. double clip the 3rd zip file and they will extract and join together.

Thks

Edited by jkgtan

Guest Ichigo80

in Italy we have our beautiful version JB3 with pagepool to 8mb! Here people work at night without sleep to not be without you! ehehehe

:( :(

Edited by Ichigo80

Guest johnchua55

GC_Lite_8PP_V2.z02: CRC failed in pdaGC8PP.nb0. The file is corrupt

downloaded 3 times and it keeps giving me the above error when trying to unzip

Guest jkgtan

flashed 3 times using 2.14 and keep getting a blank white page after initial screen alignment.

give up now and trying to flash with JB3.

Will wait for yr LiteROm for JB3

Edited by jkgtan

Guest Chivas610
JB3 coming soon. :(

I would love it if you could please keep the xt9 languages for sms (and the phonepad sip). I don't think it saves much space anyway :( PS: Im not talking about the phone language, there you could go for english only as youve done...

Guest Gary Crutcher
Gary,

Where to download Octan 2.14.

Most important how to set the setting so no to wipe out my storage database.

Octans v2.14 now in 1st post.

I don't know about the RSS reader as I don't use it. It's needed for Samsung Today screen.

Octans v2.14: Put check mark in "Preserve Device Contents"

Guest monyozt
Octans v2.14 now in 1st post.

I don't know about the RSS reader as I don't use it. It's needed for Samsung Today screen.

Octans v2.14: Put check mark in "Preserve Device Contents"

here screenshoot just to make things clear <_<

post-497070-1267804887_thumb.png

Guest jebise

I just flashed it today and the phonebook was totally messed. I just did a hard reset and everything was fixed. I have 2 issus 1 there is no icon for the samsung clock in the startmenu so that means i cannot access it unless i use samsung today and then it works. So how can i add a shortcut for the clock. The other thing is text opens the default winmo text application but again using samsung today or titianium it works so how can we chance that in the start menu.

few other icons, such as video editor, camera, fm radio. Where did they all go?

Edited by jebise

Guest wes58
I just flashed it today and the phonebook was totally messed. I just did a hard reset and everything was fixed. I have 2 issus 1 there is no icon for the samsung clock in the startmenu so that means i cannot access it unless i use samsung today and then it works. So how can i add a shortcut for the clock. The other thing is text opens the default winmo text application but again using samsung today or titianium it works so how can we chance that in the start menu.

If Gary didn't delete it, there should be a shortcut in Windows directory - TClock.lnk, you can copy it to Start Menu\Programs. Otherwise you can create one, pointing to TClock.exe.