i8000 WM6.5 ROM (Updated 18 July 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher
If Gary didn't delete it, there should be a shortcut in Windows directory - TClock.lnk, you can copy it to Start Menu\Programs. Otherwise you can create one, pointing to TClock.exe.

Thanks for your reply Wes.

I did not delete TClock.lnk, it's still there.

Guest jebise
Thanks for your reply Wes.

I did not delete TClock.lnk, it's still there.

what about the text icon opening the default windows sms instead of samsung and also apps icon like fm radio video editor (i mentioned above) they should not be removed but the icons are missing

EDIT

I got most of the icons back except video editor and Default SMS. Also how can i delete a icon that was already in there. Says i do not have premissions

Edited by jebise

Guest Gary Crutcher
what about the text icon opening the default windows sms instead of samsung and also apps icon like fm radio video editor (i mentioned above) they should not be removed but the icons are missing

EDIT

I got most of the icons back except video editor and Default SMS. Also how can i delete a icon that was already in there. Says i do not have premissions

The video editor link is: \windows\vme.lnk

Copy it to \windows\Start Menu\programs

Rename it to Video Editor.lnk

Default SMS has not been changed.

You can use Total Commander file manager to delete icons from the Start Menu.

Guest skoda60

Gary Crutcher, Thank very much for the new ROM. On testing phase. Look like all the programs still the same as JB1_GC_lite. Really enjoy the Omnia2 now. Appreciate your hardwork.

Very interesting was just after flashed. I saw a setting which look like the old windows mobile, this also seen in SPB MS. How you done it? Thank!

JB3 GC_Lite ROM after boot status: Total memory status:

Storage: 178.86mb Free 141.40

Program: 151.26mb Free 91.87

I only disabled the "Samsung Dialer" and Chainfire's "AutoClosePrgram". After 28 programs installed with Resco Today plugin. I have Free storage memory: 90.85mb and Free Program RAM: 95.23mb and this gave me many room to play with. The memory leak was serious in this phone.

Edited by skoda60

Guest Gary Crutcher
Gary Crutcher, Thank very much for the new ROM. On testing phase. Look like all the programs still the same as JB1_GC_lite. Really enjoy the Omnia2 now. Appreciate your hardwork.

Very interesting was just after flashed. I saw a setting which look like the old windows mobile, this also seen in SPB MS. How you done it? Thank!

JB3 GC_Lite ROM after boot status: Total memory status:

Storage: 178.86mb Free 141.40

Program: 151.26mb Free 91.87

I only disabled the "Samsung Dialer" and Chainfire's "AutoClosePrgram". After 28 programs installed with Resco Today plugin. I have Free storage memory: 90.85mb and Free Program RAM: 95.23mb and this gave me many room to play with. The memory leak was serious in this phone.

Thanks! <_<

If you mean the standard Windows settings link, here is how to do it:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo]

"HideSettings"=dword:00000000

HideSettings => set to 0

Guest Chivas610

After setting the region to Norwegian and reset, the phone stops booting after the splash screen and I need to take the battery out in order to try again with no luck. This has happened to me a couple of times before with other lite rom's. Anyone knows whats going on? I still have the original eboot - might that be a problem?

Guest skoda60
Thanks! <_<

If you mean the standard Windows settings link, here is how to do it:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo]

"HideSettings"=dword:00000000

HideSettings => set to 0

Thank, Done it. With your ROM, my heart was smile all the time. Cheer!

Guest jebise

Great got most of the icons back the ones i could not find i could care less for. I dunno but when i click "text" icon in the start menu it opens the default windows so maybe i'm doing something wrong. Also why not include these icons with the ROM?

Guest Alex823

Very fast ROM Gary. 10x. I flashed the JB3 with JB1 phone and JB1 CSC:

PDA: I8000NXXJB3

CSC: I8000AMNJB1

PHONE: I8000XXJB1

Now I find Assist GPS insted of XTRA in Samsung settings. I don't have a data plan, so I need xtra.

Anyone encountered this?

Guest skoda60
Very fast ROM Gary. 10x. I flashed the JB3 with JB1 phone and JB1 CSC:

Now I find Assist GPS insted of XTRA in Samsung settings. I don't have a data plan, so I need xtra.

Anyone encountered this?

eBoot: I8000XXJB3

I used sprite backup to restore(Level 1) all my data and programs backed and all worked within 5 minutes.

XTRA was normal for me.

Guest jebise
Bug report:

The rom hang with connecting to Samsung New PC Studio

Same here, the ROM just hangs i don't even have NPS installed. As soon as i connect it to my PC it hangs sometimes mobile center starts to open but hangs. The only way i find around this is to reboot both the PC and Omnia and it works fine until you unplug and plug back in. Happens on both PC (one has NPS) flashed back to sceany JA5 and the problem went away flash again to this JB1 and hanged right after the ROM finished installing and getting to the today screen.

Edited by jebise

Guest skoda60
After setting the region to Norwegian and reset, the phone stops booting after the splash screen and I need to take the battery out in order to try again with no luck. This has happened to me a couple of times before with other lite rom's. Anyone knows whats going on? I still have the original eboot - might that be a problem?

I tested on my Omnia2, set to norwegian and Chinese(PRC), soft reset both was started up normally.

Guest jebise

it has to do with active sync and windows mobile center. i just uninstalled mobile center (never really used it)and the issue went away.

I have attached all the icons for the apps that where not removed but icons where missing from the start menu. I don't know why gary didn't include them??

Programs.rar

Edited by jebise

Guest skoda60
it has to do with active sync and windows mobile center. i just uninstalled mobile center (never really used it)and the issue went away.

I have attached all the icons for the apps that where not removed but icons where missing from the start menu. I don't know why gary didn't include them??

Thank for sharing.

Today I realised with Sprite backup to restore from JB1_lite to JB3_lite. It worked with no problem. But may overwrite the JB3 system. So I done a hard reset, manually installed all my programs back. Refer the attached picture. It have so many free memory left and run very smoothly. Enjoy!

post-433401-1267980125_thumb.jpg

Edited by skoda60

Guest Chivas610
I tested on my Omnia2, set to norwegian and Chinese(PRC), soft reset both was started up normally.

Strange...I should probably update the other parts as well, and retry...

Guest jebise
Thank for sharing.

Today I realised with Sprite backup to restore from JB1_lite to JB3_lite. It worked with no problem. But may overwrite the JB3 system. So I done a hard reset, manually installed all my programs back. Refer the attached picture. It have so many free memory left and run very smoothly. Enjoy!

sorry i did not quite understand what you mean. I hard reset installed JB1 and did another hard reset. But the problem is still there. Are you saying i should install JB3?

It might also be because i have not flashed my eBoot, i don't want to brick the phone so not willing to right now.

My phone still hangs when i try to sync anything to it, open WMP to sync music hangs, open mobile ceneter it sometimes works and other times hangs. I really do love the ROM but maybe you made the pagepool to small?

EDIT:

Tried JB3 as well same issue on both computers

Edited by jebise

Guest i8000 cow

Hi,

I was searching a while how to resolve the memory issues with my i8000 and finally found this ROM package - really looks interesting and resolves the problem - I really enjoy it!

I found the post that the Norwegian setting brings the phone down - and unfortunately the same is happening with me - when I try to set the Samsung Keypad to German layout, the phone will not boot up anymore (workaround only: hard reset :-( )

Does anyone know how I can fix this? do I need to copy some additional files to windows directory? or do I need to modify something in the cooked ROM?

(Note: English UI is wanted for me but I would need german keyboard layout and prefer the Samsung Keypad)

(Note: Also updated to newest JB3 eBoot but no change, also when explicitly hard-resetting.)

Thanks & Best Regards!

i8000 cow!

Guest wes58
sorry i did not quite understand what you mean. I hard reset installed JB1 and did another hard reset. But the problem is still there. Are you saying i should install JB3?

It might also be because i have not flashed my eBoot, i don't want to brick the phone so not willing to right now.

My phone still hangs when i try to sync anything to it, open WMP to sync music hangs, open mobile ceneter it sometimes works and other times hangs. I really do love the ROM but maybe you made the pagepool to small?

EDIT:

Tried JB3 as well same issue on both computers

What are you using to sync anything? Are you using Samsung KIES or just WM mobile Center?

Guest jebise

i don't have samsung bloat ware installed <_< tried using just WM center and it works sometimes, oddly if i open it before i plug in the omnia. But i cannot get it to sync with WMP as soon as WMP opens and the phone is plugged in it freezes

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi,

I was searching a while how to resolve the memory issues with my i8000 and finally found this ROM package - really looks interesting and resolves the problem - I really enjoy it!

I found the post that the Norwegian setting brings the phone down - and unfortunately the same is happening with me - when I try to set the Samsung Keypad to German layout, the phone will not boot up anymore (workaround only: hard reset :-( )

Does anyone know how I can fix this? do I need to copy some additional files to windows directory? or do I need to modify something in the cooked ROM?

(Note: English UI is wanted for me but I would need german keyboard layout and prefer the Samsung Keypad)

(Note: Also updated to newest JB3 eBoot but no change, also when explicitly hard-resetting.)

Thanks & Best Regards!

i8000 cow!

The only keyboard layout is English. The rest have been removed.

Guest jebise

I tried everything to get this ROM to sync up. I changed the pagepool to 12MB, 16MB 18MB and 20MB all have the same results of the omnia hanging. Oddly though 16MB and up the phone would not freeze anymore but still would not sync with mobile center and WMP.

Flash back to secany official JA5 and everything works as normal. What am i doing wrong?? Do you think the eboot could be a issue?

Edited by jebise

Guest Gary Crutcher
I tried everything to get this ROM to sync up. I changed the pagepool to 12MB, 16MB 18MB and 20MB all have the same results of the omnia hanging. Oddly though 16MB and up the phone would not freeze anymore but still would not sync with mobile center and WMP.

Flash back to secany official JA5 and everything works as normal. What am i doing wrong?? Do you think the eboot could be a issue?

Not sure what the problem is.

One thing I did - am using Win 7 - is to change my Samsung MITS mobile driver as I develop and flash under Win 7.

Maybe check out Sorg's post (If you are on Win 7):

Win 7 Flashing

If none of above applies - you are using WinXP or Vista - then maybe someone on this forum can help.

Guest jebise

nope using windows 7 x86 to flash, tried some different drivers as well and all have the same issue. Tried it on my x64 win 7 machine and same results.