Android 2.1 will be released within the next fortnight

Guest robot1000

Guest _melchett

"the old plan that should release the Rom 2.1 in the middle ten days of this month.

But due to some functions need be tested again. So the amended release plan is in the middle ten days of May."

Can i just ask when you received this email?

Old plan = middle ten days of this month (May?)

New plan = middle ten days of May

I'm not sure they have the A-Team working at Hauwei

Guest robot1000
"the old plan that should release the Rom 2.1 in the middle ten days of this month.

But due to some functions need be tested again. So the amended release plan is in the middle ten days of May."

Can i just ask when you received this email?

Old plan = middle ten days of this month (May?)

New plan = middle ten days of May

I'm not sure they have the A-Team working at Hauwei

I received the email this morning.

Either it was a standard email sent during April (and they haven't yet changed the wording) or they haven't realised May's already begun

Guest fraxos
I received the email this morning.

Either it was a standard email sent during April (and they haven't yet changed the wording) or they haven't realised May's already begun

I believe someone else got the same reply from Huawei back in April so if they are to be believed then the update should be with us in the next week or so.

Edited by fraxos

Guest Spooke
Have a look at this:

http://www.neopeek.com/en/stories/android/...ile-pulse-u8220

I am dowloading the file right now...but someone who knows this stuff has to have a look first anyway in order to see whether this is legit. Sorry just followed another link on that site and it lead me back to this forum...

Did you not click the link for more info? Its the Pulse Mini rom that is posted on this very forum, dont waste your time downloading as it barely works correctly :P

Guest mr.a
Have a look at this:

I am dowloading the file right now...but someone who knows this stuff has to have a look first anyway in order to see whether this is legit. Sorry just followed another link on that site and it lead me back to this forum...

I think it's the Android 2.1 Rom for T-mobile Pulse MINI ( Huawei U8110) and not the big Pulse ( U8220) ..

Guest DanWilson
Have a look at this:

Its just a Nandroid of the mini rom... I downloaded it anyway to try it :P

Guest Daniel Williamson
Have a look at this:

Ha ha the first youtoube video is mine!! could have asked me first :S aha

Dan

Guest Rem1x
Ha ha the first youtoube video is mine!! could have asked me first :S aha

Dan

And the second is mine.

WE'RE FAMOUS, DANIEL, WE'RE FAMOUS!

Guest Daniel Williamson
And the second is mine.

WE'RE FAMOUS, DANIEL, WE'RE FAMOUS!

Oh yeah next it will be on the BBC website! ive also noticed that there are ads on it, is that usual or shouldi bet getting money from those ads? aha

Dan

Guest Mohit Singhal

i dont trust Huawei anymore...it's been like ages since they have promised the update...

Cheers

Matrix

Guest DanWilson
i dont trust Huawei anymore...it's been like ages since they have promised the update...

Cheers

Matrix

Why not? Technically we have it. BigBear's got it, so surely they cant take months and months when its ready. And anyway, if they did, he'd release it.

Guest Mohit Singhal
Why not? Technically we have it. BigBear's got it, so surely they cant take months and months when its ready. And anyway, if they did, he'd release it.

I completely trust BigBear but not Huawei..

Cheers

Matrix

Guest DanWilson
I completely trust BigBear but not Huawei..

Cheers

Matrix

And I completely agree. If Huawei release this, and BigBear puts a mirror up, Id choose his. Just cause he would probably test it and upload fixes, unlike Huawei. They would wait for half a year before we get a fix.

Guest thealexweb

Wait so I'm a bit confused what the situation is, has BigBear got the official rom or has he made a fully working one himself?

Guest thealexweb
He has a leaked image of the official ROM I do believe :P

Is it the customized version by T-Mobile for the Pulse or a unbranded one for the phone that the Pulse is based off?

Guest DanWilson
He has a leaked image of the official ROM I do believe :P

Thats the one! Currently he's trying to root it for us, and sort out the recovery mode. He's struggling I think though, partitions are different from 1.5, he cant go back to Cupcake, etc.

EDIT : @thealexweb - its a T-Mobile one.

Edited by DanWilson

Guest thealexweb
Thats the one! Currently he's trying to root it for us, and sort out the recovery mode. He's struggling I think though, partitions are different from 1.5, he cant go back to Cupcake, etc.

EDIT : @thealexweb - its a T-Mobile one.

So why hasn't he released it yet, is he worried about publishing copyrighted content?

I thought BigBear had a leaked version of Android 2.1 for U8110 and was trying to make it work for U8220 :S

So what you're saying is that he has 2.1 for the U8220?

Guest DanWilson
So why hasn't he released it yet, is he worried about publishing copyrighted content?

He's making sure that Huawei cant trace the build back to his "source" right now. I agree with him to be honest, but I still want it :P

I thought BigBear had a leaked version of Android 2.1 for U8110 and was trying to make it work for U8220 :S

So what you're saying is that he has 2.1 for the U8220?

Yep! :D

Guest norled
And I completely agree. If Huawei release this, and BigBear puts a mirror up, Id choose his. Just cause he would probably test it and upload fixes, unlike Huawei. They would wait for half a year before we get a fix.

So what's everyone going for, 'BigBear' version or 'Huawei'? :P

Guest Azurren
So what's everyone going for, 'BigBear' version or 'Huawei'? :D

Its one in the same. Bobos version is based on a late leak whereas the other will be final (if and when it is actually released)

Bobos will be rooted and trimmed. Plus if anything wong surfaces chances are bobo will have it fixed in no time instead of in a few months or never.. :P

Edited by Azurren