Garmin XT Keeps trying to connect to Data

Guest 206bw

When I use Garmin MXT, it randomly trys to connect to the internet/data while navigating (every 3 - 5 minutes), even if I have good receiption (green bars)

Is there anyway to turn off the AGPS but not disable xtra data? Current i have XTRA server enable and SNTP disabled, and only download xtra automatically when connected to PC via ActiveSnyc.

I currently have nodata installed, so data fees is not the concern, but the pop up that says it is trying to connect, then connection failed that blocks my screen while driving annoys me.

Guest wes58
When I use Garmin MXT, it randomly trys to connect to the internet/data while navigating (every 3 - 5 minutes), even if I have good receiption (green bars)

Is there anyway to turn off the AGPS but not disable xtra data? Current i have XTRA server enable and SNTP disabled, and only download xtra automatically when connected to PC via ActiveSnyc.

I currently have nodata installed, so data fees is not the concern, but the pop up that says it is trying to connect, then connection failed that blocks my screen while driving annoys me.

My guess is that maybe when you first started garmin you clicked OK on the first screen (see attached picture), otherwise it only tries to connect for xtra data once every few days.

If that's what happened, go to settings, garmin online and disable garmin online access.

post-420700-1267652526_thumb.png

Guest 206bw
My guess is that maybe when you first started garmin you clicked OK on the first screen (see attached picture), otherwise it only tries to connect for xtra data once every few days.

If that's what happened, go to settings, garmin online and disable garmin online access.

I've tried changing the settings to Disable, but still no luck. the only time that messge stopped popping up is when I pulled out the sim card

Attached is a picture. I kept getting that message, even when I am navigating

post-660487-1267658862_thumb.jpg

Guest seacoral123

Try this:

SAMSUNG SETTING/network settings/gps/XTRA

Untick the ''enable XTRA server''

I notice it dont go internet if i change the setting.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Terry666
I am aware of that method, but will I still be able to take advantage of the XTRA data I download via wifi or at home?

I had the same problem with my wife's O2 as she doesn't have Internet access... Because your post I read all this and I solve the problem :P

1st stop the EXTRA's First choice (When data is Expired) and turn on the second ("Access from PC" you have to d/l data when you're connected with PC) AND DISABLE "Enable SNTP Server"

2nd From inside Garmin @ Tools/Settings press "Restore Defaults" then disable the line access

I hope I helped you a bit...