I8000 call recording fix

Guest sinancetinkaya

Guest sinancetinkaya

I8000 doesn't let call recording programs to record conversations. The problem is our proximity sensor feature.

When you put your I8000 your head, Samsung dialer sets system sleep mode. Sleep mode stops call recording programs.

The registry solution I use is here

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\ProxSensor]

"Dll"="ProxSensor.dll"

Remove or Change "ProxSensor.dll" to whatever you like. This will disable it and I8000 won't go sleep mode during call.

I8000_Enable_Proximity_Sensor.cab

I8000_Disable_Proximity_Sensor.cab

Edited by sinancetinkaya

Guest dwallersv

Yes, and your face will keep pushing buttons on the screen, making every call annoying.

I can see doing this if recording calls is something you need to do frequently. Otherwise, seems like a really bad idea.

Personally, I think the addition of the proximity sensor feature for disabling the display during calls was a Giant Leap forward compared to the screen locking that the Omnia i9x0 uses. It is, to me, the perfect solution to the problem.

Guest sinancetinkaya
Yes, and your face will keep pushing buttons on the screen, making every call annoying.

I can see doing this if recording calls is something you need to do frequently. Otherwise, seems like a really bad idea.

Personally, I think the addition of the proximity sensor feature for disabling the display during calls was a Giant Leap forward compared to the screen locking that the Omnia i9x0 uses. It is, to me, the perfect solution to the problem.

Yes, i900 has an option for this but i8000 hasn't. I have never needed proximity sensor so far but I really need call recording

It isn't a light sensor. Test it in a dark room :(

infrared then :(

I don't know, it just didn't work when I touched to it's left, right, top sides. I thought it's fake :(

Edited by sinancetinkaya

Guest wes58
I8000 doesn't let call recording programs to record conversations. The problem is our proximity sensor feature.

When you put your I8000 your head, Samsung dialer sets system sleep mode. Sleep mode stops call recording programs.

"Dll"="ProxSensor.dll"

Remove or Change "ProxSensor.dll" to whatever you like. This will disable it and I8000 won't go sleep mode during call.

I have been using Resco Audio Recorder and there is no such a thing. It records without any problems.

Guest sinancetinkaya
I have been using Resco Audio Recorder and there is no such a thing. It records without any problems.

Try ACR(which is the best and free) or Vito audio notes touch

I used Resco's audio recorder. It uses more cpu and recording quality is bad

Guest AndyCarroll
I used Resco's audio recorder. It uses more cpu and recording quality is bad

Cannot agree. Resco's recording quality can be very good. Under Actions-Options-General you can put highest quality MP3 up to 320kb/s-44,1kHz-16bit for music and for conversations.

I think it's good enough. Incoming voice quality is poor but this is not app's fault.

Proximity sensor doesn't interrupt Resco recordings in my phone.

Guest babyjosef17

Huh? Is this an issue for gt-i8000?

Then howcome the first time I tried to record a call I made to my wife (just wanted to test it) I was able to recrod our whole conversation.

All I did was call her. Once connected I pressed the record button on the dialer, then place back the device on my head.

Had no issues whatsover and still have the recorded audio until now.

hmmm...

Guest hkwildboy

Cant agree more.

Resco Audior Recorder picks up recording PERFECTLY.

The only reason that people think that Resco Audio Recorder recording quality is worse, is because they havent set the recording format correctly.

Guest sinancetinkaya

Resco Audio Recorder: This program misses the first few seconds of conversation. Starts recording after 2-3 seconds. Uses %1 CPU power when it's in background. Not freeware

Vito audio notes touch: This program misses the first few seconds too. Good interface, finger friendly but doesn't record when proximity sensor puts i8000 suspend mode. Not freeware

Wm6.5's Call Recorder: Press the record button in every call. Are you kidding ?

ACR: It's the best. Freeware. No cpu using when idle

So, disabling proximity sensor is the best solution for me at the moment.

Guest xcaper

"Dll"="ProxSensor.dll"

That's true. Proximity sensor feature doesn't let call recording programs to record conversations even you use Resco Auto Notes or ACR.

I really had the same problem when I tried to use some call recording programs to record conversations and I didn't know why. However I tested this stuff and conversations were recorded smoothly with Resco Auto Notes just without sleep mode during call. it's alright with me <_< Thanks a lots. Good job man

• 2 months later...
Guest hasan_abeer

"Dll"="ProxSensor.dll"

really thanks for good solution for good idea call recorder on omnia 11

rgrds