Storm ROMS [CF03] - TouchFlo Detach - 12MB Pagepool

Guest Rob Storm

Guest MotoShane

I'm having a problem with Mobile Wi-Fi Router. I can connect my computer to the phone, but I cannot access the Internet. I'm using Verizon. Any tips?

Guest bearhntr

I have had this ROM installed about a week now and have some 'BUGS' I think.

The 'all Blue' icons and screens on theM2D are "different", but I like the fact that the home page changes based on the WEATHER - that is kewl / wish I knew how you did that.

1) What is the HTC LOCATION SERVICE ?? What does it do? How do I use it? I have turned it on, but never notice any change in anything on the phone. How do I use it?

2) The COMM MANAGER is still greying out the WIFI switch and the whole block for WIFI. Why is this? If I go to another method of turning on the WIFI and go back to the COMM MANAGER it will still be greyed - but the switch will be GREEN (ON) instead of RED (OFF). Why is this? How can I fix it?

Much Thanks for your hard work on these ROMs.

*BH*

Guest nmayer79
So reflashed to the latest build again, and everything was running nice and smooth....until I connected to MyPhone and downloaded all my contacts, events, and text messages. Now I'm getting the errors again. If I pull the battery, it resets and if I'm lucky, I don't get any errors and the phone runs smoothly, but if I get 1 of 3 errors now (it added can't load Personalizer to the errors) then everything bogs down on the phone and I can't do anything.

BUT: when I don't get the errors, it runs great. LOL

had same kinda issues when i restore anything other than contacts, with my phone and pim

Guest repilce

Successfully flahsed to 23544 , had it downloaded from before, figured i'd stick with it due to recent texting problems.. i seem to have full functionality. Succesfully got all my contancts/calander blah blah back on the phone. just playing with it and loving it now! No major issues i've noticed thus far.

Guest repilce

Hey, i just noticed something.. my wife sent me a picture via MMS.. (that worked fine :) ) but.. her pic was sideways.. and i can not find anything to edit the picture.. file wise.. anyone care to point me in the right direction?

also.. is there any point in updating to latest giving everything seems to be working swimmingly for me in 23544?

Guest shyguycalif

Excellent ROM.

I fail to understand why people would create Titanium ROMs when M2D2 with Manilla 3D is soooooo much better interface. I guess its just personal choice.

I have had TP2 for while before I switched to PagePlus and ended up getting this phone. I used to love the TP2 M2D2 Manilla ROMs and was desperately (I really mean desperately) missing something similar.

I tried NuROM and Lioryte's ROM, both were not upto the mark in terms of features and elegance (no disrespect intended).

I loved your ROM... I think it is very good....

NOW Some NOT so good things in your ROM

1. Background .... Why on earth will you choose thing blue fugly background to present your outstanding ROM? It Kindly change it.

2. Scollbar Icons... why are these blue/white..... Last time i saw these used to be color. That is the way it should be.

3. Internet Tab... Where is the internet tab?

Just another suggestion, have a look at what NRGZ has done with his ROMs. I think he is the master of the craft. I feel people will flock in herds to you if you take clue from his ROM. His ROMs are very very elegant and full of features. Just look at how many people follow him.

Again, very very good job. Keep it up!!

=ShyGuyCalif

Guest woodsptw
Was there icyhot on that backhand? lol

I think so.. not sure shyguy is the right user name. Maybe directugy.

The HTC SenseUI is nice, however.

Guest thedeathofme
Excellent ROM.

I fail to understand why people would create Titanium ROMs when M2D2 with Manilla 3D is soooooo much better interface. I guess its just personal choice.

I have had TP2 for while before I switched to PagePlus and ended up getting this phone. I used to love the TP2 M2D2 Manilla ROMs and was desperately (I really mean desperately) missing something similar.

I tried NuROM and Lioryte's ROM, both were not upto the mark in terms of features and elegance (no disrespect intended).

1. Background .... Why on earth will you choose thing blue fugly background to present your outstanding ROM? It Kindly change it.

2. Scollbar Icons... why are these blue/white..... Last time i saw these used to be color. That is the way it should be.

Just another suggestion, have a look at what NRGZ has done with his ROMs. I think he is the master of the craft. I feel people will flock in herds to you if you take clue from his ROM. His ROMs are very very elegant and full of features. Just look at how many people follow him.

=ShyGuyCalif

Why are you posting on a i910 thread if you use a totally different device? BTW... does that dude cook for omnia too?

Guest Rob Storm

Figured the easiest way to reply to this is line by line... ;)

Rob

Excellent ROM.

M3D will not run on the Omnia.

Both are very talented chefs for Omnia ROMS

Thank you for the kind words.

I personally like the background. I'm assuming that you have already changed the background. If so, maybe you can share some og what you think is not "fugly".

Please refer to answer #1

Go to M2D Config in settings menu. Go to Tab Key, and enable the internet tab.

]Will have to look at his ROMS. I am always up to learning something new.

Thanks for the critique. :)

=ShyGuyCalif

Edited by Rob Storm

Guest Chimp

Rob (or anyone),

Where do you get the skin (theme) for PhatFingers? The default PhatFingers has a dark 'raised' effect for the keys... I like the nice sharp streamlined effect of the skin you are using for PhatFingers.

/Chimp (Tom)

UPDATE: Never mind, I got what I needed.

Edited by Chimp

Guest bluematrix64

S.O.S. STORM!!!!

I had two sleep of deaths with the latest build out and missed two very important phone calls since the SOD happened on a belt clip unbenounced to me... HELP!

Guest repilce

BTW (still newb omnia flasher here) i've tried some other roms since the 23544 of yours rob, and i keep coming back to it.. i DID try the latest from you , but there was a certain element from the latest missing that was present for me in 23544. and since everything works great in that release. i'll be sticking with it.

GREAT WORK!

and i also finally figured out how to use that damned htc album viewer thing to rotate pics and such.. ./palmhead

cheers.

Guest MechAniX.One

This ROM runs nice and smooth. I like it a lot. The only thing i dont like is the theme. =/ Has anyone installed a different theme on it? If so can you point me in a good direction? Thanks.

Guest Wongway

Hey Rob,

I just wanted to drop you a line to say that you do some great work with this ROM. I actually use a Lioryte ROM most of the time (mostly due to the bare bones aspect and being able to add whatever I want to it), however, I have to say that your ROM here is a fantastic complete package.

Very useable ROM right off the bat with very little that needs to be installed/setup.

I don't know how much longer I'll use this ROM since I can't figure out if I like M2D or not. (Some aspects are nice, others, make me wish for my SPB Mobile Shell again) I still wanted to take the time to extend a heartfelt "Thank You" for the time you spent and the obvious well thought setup and design for those that choose to use your ROM.

Guest tom999

I'm new to FTouch and have a questions about using it with this ROM (the ROM looks great). Are you using FTouch as is (trial version) or are most of you purchasing the full version?

Thanks. tom

Guest XBeatzX

Wow, Ok I am fairly new to this whole cooked Rom culture. But I have to give some Kudo's here. I have flashed probably 10 of the most popular Roms over the last few weeks and for the life of me could not find one I liked or could even live with. I was seriously at the point of throwing my Omnia in a drawer and switching back to my $10 Samsung Smooth I got at walmart. This Rom actually makes my phone somewhat easy to use again. Though I do still get an error once in awhile when I first turn it on, and so far once I have had to take the battery out because it froze, but I can live with that I think.

I do have a few questions for any of you experts out there. First, this Rom came with Google Maps and Microsoft App store pre-installed. How do I get those in my "Programs" tab? When I click one of the boxes to add a program it gives me a list of things like Activesync, calender, etc.. I would love to have those in my program tab or on my home page.

Also, does anyone know of an app or utility that will let me manually switch between my carrier data and Wifi? Rite now I have no idea which my phone is using, and would like to tell my phone to only go on my carrier data when wifi is not available.

One small thing I notice with the clock on my home screen, it seems to switch back and forth between two different times, about an hour apart, and has done it with the last three Roms I have installed, what is that all about?

Anyway, Top Notch work Storm, you got me hooked. I have no desire to try any other Rom's at the moment, and if I do upgrade, will probably be one of yours. Excellent work. I actually installed a new Rom before I even ever tried the pre-installed windows 6.1, so have no idea of how much of an improvement this is, but knowing Microsoft, probably leaps and bounds better.

Oh, one last thing, I have a feeling this a little tricky to ask, but without giving me an exact link, could someone point me in the rite direction to get that Swype App thingy, I cannot stand texting with these small keyboards and think that program might help. Thanks all....

Guest tom999
I do have a few questions for any of you experts out there. First, this Rom came with Google Maps and Microsoft App store pre-installed. How do I get those in my "Programs" tab? When I click one of the boxes to add a program it gives me a list of things like Activesync, calender, etc.. I would love to have those in my program tab or on my home page.

Oh, one last thing, I have a feeling this a little tricky to ask, but without giving me an exact link, could someone point me in the rite direction to get that Swype App thingy, I cannot stand texting with these small keyboards and think that program might help. Thanks all....

On your first question you when you click on a box to add a program link you can actually scroll down the page. I did not realize that at first either. Others have gotten stuck on that too, also some of us can't seem to link anything to the last few boxes. Need help on that.

I can't help with other questions but I'll be watching to see if you get responses to you last question. I have a hard time with the texting size too.

(still looking for basic info on Ftouch)... tom