[ROM] Sinan's I8000 JF5 WM6.1 UltraLite Rom [Discontinued]

Guest sinancetinkaya

Guest sinancetinkaya
Ok I'll test it. Do I need to install any cab before installing this .exe, or just the app and that's it?

Only my JD4 mms.cab

Guest plguzman

Tested and working perfectly. Thanks a lot. The File Manager problem existed if you have the File Manager cab installed previously to install the MMS cab you gave me. But if you uninstall the File Manager, do a soft reset and install the MMS cab that includes the File Manager, works perfectly.

Now it is pretty much like a 6.5 ROM, but with the 6.1 speed and available RAM. Excellent.

Guest drorcun

sinan if you have some free time can you please make ulite of jd4 or jd6 with 4 mb pp?

Edited by drorcun

Guest one-turk

if it is possible i would like make a turkish lang patch for wm6.5

can give me a wlaktrought

Edited by one-turk

Guest parkwinglam

hi dear all,

is there any other way that i can download the rom? as i can't download it from rapidshare, tks

Guest LOLOH2

Hi Sinan

May I know how to activate the Wm6.5 slide lock screen? I installed your wm6.1 lock screen and other wm6.5 lock screen but it didn't work on your wm6.5 rom. thanks.

Guest jermx

What does the WM 6.5 ROM includes ? I am referring to the 23 mar 10 ROM. As in NET CF 3.5 included and other stuff etc ?

Guest sinancetinkaya

I won't update the rom unless samsung makes a significant improvement on drivers. All JDx firmwares except JD1 are same, Samsung only makes some small changes and these changes are not about drivers.

Edited by sinancetinkaya

Guest arun gupta

how is the gps response.???

i am currently on 6.5.3, and GPS is bad. i am planning to shift to 6.1 . please comment

Guest arun gupta

SINAN you rock.. man.. amazing got fix in 10 seconds...

WOWOWOWOWOWWO

thnx a lot.

will this work on your ultralite 6.1?

Guest LOLOH2
Hi Sinan

May I know how to activate the Wm6.5 slide lock screen? I installed your wm6.1 lock screen and other wm6.5 lock screen but it didn't work on your wm6.5 rom. thanks.

Hi Sinan

I wonder is this a bug ? the lockscreen seems to be not working, this time I even import the registry from another phone also not working, do you have the cab for the lockscreen for wm6.5 rom ? (BTW not the wm6.5.x one, is the wm6.5 one only) thanks.

Guest sinancetinkaya
Hi Sinan

I wonder is this a bug ? the lockscreen seems to be not working, this time I even import the registry from another phone also not working, do you have the cab for the lockscreen for wm6.5 rom ? (BTW not the wm6.5.x one, is the wm6.5 one only) thanks.

Sorry, I'm currently on wm6.1

WOWOWOWOWOWWO

thnx a lot.

Well, I'm glad you like it because the cab and the rom have the same files.

Why did I do this ? Because I wanted to show you all something. For instance, GPS performance depends on many things. Cold-Hot start, weather condition, gps port status, gps program settings, gps configuration settings etc. When the first time you tried gps, it was cold start, it takes time. After you installed so called fix, it was hot start, it faster than cold start.

Long story short, don't relate every issue to rom

PS: You can uninstall the cab :P

Edited by sinancetinkaya

Guest drorcun

WOWOWOWOWOWWO

thnx a lot.

wonder what's that fix deleted?

edit: ok i understand the fix above :P

Edited by drorcun

Guest chocobo9

sinan, i just flashed my phone with ur latest 8mbps, it seems that "wifi sleeping" issue still persists. I've tried checking and unchecking power save mode in samsung setting but it doesn't help.

Guest sinancetinkaya

09/05/2010

Free ram is increased to 132.84 mb

Rom should work a little bit faster now and I hope that 4 mb pagepool should be more enough for users. However, if you need 8 mb pagepool, please let me know, I'll upload a 8 mb pagepool version

some small fixes that I realized but I don't remember now :P

The picture taken after the second boot

4590318962_65d1a67656_t.jpg

Guest sinancetinkaya
sinan, i just flashed my phone with ur latest 8mbps, it seems that "wifi sleeping" issue still persists. I've tried checking and unchecking power save mode in samsung setting but it doesn't help.

Is it WM6.1 with JD4 settings ? Because I tried it many times and it's working.

Guest plguzman

Sinan, thanks for the ROM. But I really would like a 8MB PP version, since I run SPB3.5 with MobileSense, and also run IM+, Skype, Google Maps and Twitter at the same time. In the past I flashed with your 4MB PP versions but 8MB gives me more stability. Thanks again...

Cheers :-)