i8000 Lite ROM WM6-5-5 (Updated 22 Apr 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher
Gary, if you change the USB from ActiveSync to Storage Card, does it freezes after connecting?

Mine is freezing completly.

Have not had this problem reported and have not personally experienced this.

Guest Gary Crutcher
6.5.5 version i mean ??

Probably not as the menus overlap the Window's 6.5.5 buttons at the bottom.

There is a JD3/23563 if you want a wm6.5.5 version.

Guest skimexica
You could always search MoDaCo. :huh:

Omnia II Flashing Guide

thanks

i have searched and read alot - conflicting ideas and scrambled sequences but i am gradually putting it together

what i meant was

this site is full of amazing people with amazing skills - which i am totally in awe of

but its not as cohesive as it could be - natural for online organic communities

i am just suggesting that some of the bigger rom cookers must have a "this is how u flash it approach"

that could be displayed like - no parking signs

maybe to u upper cloud slayers this just is more whinging

but i would like to see this website become like fishfood - open and pour

i work in education and its a daily battle to be understood

ok

off the soapbox

i can understand if my comments are as bad as ........... (anything u dont like)

cheers all

Guest fubo
The reason "Rich Internet" and "Samsung Apps" show up in the Start Menu is because they are in

the CSC you are using. I've had this problem before with a CSC I was using.

If you read the README file it stated: "6. If the mortscript message annoys you at each boot, you can delete \Windows\StartUp\mortscript.lnk."

Thanks for your comments! :huh:

Thx Gary for the answer. I have a kitchen working for 6.5.3 (twu2 guide) but when I try to merge 6.5.5, I'm not able to generate a good xip file. Is there any guide to do that for I8000?

Guest Gary Crutcher
Thx Gary for the answer. I have a kitchen working for 6.5.3 (twu2 guide) but when I try to merge 6.5.5, I'm not able to generate a good xip file. Is there any guide to do that for I8000?

Maybe check xda-developers.com.

Guest fubo

Hi Gary. I managed to produce an Italian ROM changing also XIP. I'm having these issues:

- Activesync can't connect anymore. Is it due to changes I've done in XIP/CSC/SYS?

- Alarms and Calculator do not show the icon.

- Samsung Apps menu does not appear, although I selected it in BuildOS.

- Standard WM Icons are not the one in SYS folder, how did you get to have them?

Can you help me?

Edited by fubo

Guest fubo
Hi Gary. I managed to produce an Italian ROM changing also XIP. I'm having these issues:

- Activesync can't connect anymore. Is it due to changes I've done in XIP/CSC/SYS?

- Alarms and Calculator do not show the icon.

- Samsung Apps menu does not appear, although I selected it in BuildOS.

- Standard WM Icons are not the one in SYS folder, how did you get to have them?

Can you help me?

Ok solved, but I can't figure how...

Guest skimexica

22 April 2010: JD3 + 23563 Lite version

hi gary, if you have the time to answer these questions much appreciated

1. is this all i need to flash? --- GC JD3/23563 Lite

have read the readme and applauncher but that is for after flashing right i could be wrong

2. what is the pagepool tools for - is it only to control the pagepool size - is it needed to flash?

3. do i need a .mst, .csc. and .bin file?

this is what i am following from <tacchan23>

- if you use Octans 2.14, you are able to flash any of the four ROM parts

1) Select the Eboot button and open the .eb0 file

2) Select the MoviNAND button and open the .MST file (if the ROM you want to flash is in .mst format) OR Select the PDA buttons and open the .nb0 file (if the ROM you want to flash is in .nb0 format); choose .mst OR .nb0! not both!

3) Select the MultiCSC button and open the .CSC file; in the drop down box below you can select a region for your ROM (more details on CSC decoding is posted below); in the drop down box above you can select the language.

4) Select the Phone button and open the .bin file

Cheers

Links:

22 April 2010

Read me first BEFORE flashing: Attached File README.zip ( 817bytes ) Number of downloads: 382

Read me second BEFORE flashing: Attached File AppLauncher_Instructions.zip ( 721bytes ) Number of downloads: 314

GC JD3/23563 Lite

PagePoolTools JD3/23563: Attached File PagePoolTools_JD3_23563.zip ( 476.36K ) Number of downloads: 209

Guest Gary Crutcher
22 April 2010: JD3 + 23563 Lite version

hi gary, if you have the time to answer these questions much appreciated

1. is this all i need to flash? --- GC JD3/23563 Lite

have read the readme and applauncher but that is for after flashing right i could be wrong

2. what is the pagepool tools for - is it only to control the pagepool size - is it needed to flash?

3. do i need a .mst, .csc. and .bin file?

this is what i am following from <tacchan23>

- if you use Octans 2.14, you are able to flash any of the four ROM parts

1) Select the Eboot button and open the .eb0 file

2) Select the MoviNAND button and open the .MST file (if the ROM you want to flash is in .mst format) OR Select the PDA buttons and open the .nb0 file (if the ROM you want to flash is in .nb0 format); choose .mst OR .nb0! not both!

3) Select the MultiCSC button and open the .CSC file; in the drop down box below you can select a region for your ROM (more details on CSC decoding is posted below); in the drop down box above you can select the language.

4) Select the Phone button and open the .bin file

Cheers

Links:

22 April 2010

Read me first BEFORE flashing: Attached File README.zip ( 817bytes ) Number of downloads: 382

Read me second BEFORE flashing: Attached File AppLauncher_Instructions.zip ( 721bytes ) Number of downloads: 314

GC JD3/23563 Lite

PagePoolTools JD3/23563: Attached File PagePoolTools_JD3_23563.zip ( 476.36K ) Number of downloads: 209

1. yes, the pda is all you need

2. you use the pagepool tools BEFORE you flash the rom - it creates a new pda with selected pagepool size

3. normally no, but since I do not know what versions you are using, I cannot say any more. Maybe you need to update

CSC and Phone part - be very careful about flashing eBoot.

Guest skimexica
1. yes, the pda is all you need

2. you use the pagepool tools BEFORE you flash the rom - it creates a new pda with selected pagepool size

3. normally no, but since I do not know what versions you are using, I cannot say any more. Maybe you need to update

CSC and Phone part - be very careful about flashing eBoot.

thanks

my omnia i8000 version is

PDA:I8000NXXIJ9

CSC:I8000XSOIJ2

PHONE:I8000DXIJ1

i think its running windows 6.5.3

1. what phone code do i use to see the windows mobile version?

2. do i need a 6.5.3 rom or can i flash with 6.5.5 roms?

3. what rom u suggest i flash with? is yours a good choice >> GC JD3/23563 Lite

(just want something fast and simple - mainly use sms, office suite, camera, internet)

once again thank you for your assistance

cheers

Guest Jazz8

Just sold my TD2 to buy an i8000, and loving every minute of it :huh:

Gary, your ROM is a work of Art; thanks for sharing it. I have only noticed one issue (most likely unrelated to the ROM), Activesync seems to have frozen when connected. If I leave it for about 10-15mins, it eventually syncs but I cannot understand why it will not do so right away. I've tried multiple resets, re-downloaded the ROM, re-installed Win Mobile Device Center, and even re-installed Microsoft Windows 7 on my desktop.

MY Omnia 2 was originally shipped with 6.5, and if I try your similar JD4 21897 ROM, it syncs great (although I love 23563 much better). Perhaps I need to look into a csc or eboot flash (as dangerous as that might be) ...so far I only changed the PDA part. If anyone has had a similar issue, or can perhaps give some guidance toward the solution, that would be great! Thanks again for the fantastic work!

Edited by Jazz8

Guest victorsyt

Hi, Gary and everybody!

This ROM is excellent!

But I have one problem with installation Opera WM 10. The message is appearing during installation "The program can't be installed, because it's not digitally signed with a trusted certificate". Could anybody help me?

And one more. How can I get access to timer and stopwatch? Thanks.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi, Gary and everybody!

This ROM is excellent!

But I have one problem with installation Opera WM 10. The message is appearing during installation "The program can't be installed, because it's not digitally signed with a trusted certificate". Could anybody help me?

And one more. How can I get access to timer and stopwatch? Thanks.

For stopwatch/timer (tclock.exe): copy \Windows\tclock.lnk \Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Guest victorsyt
For stopwatch/timer (tclock.exe): copy \Windows\tclock.lnk \Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Thank you, Gary! :P

And I've resolved the problem of untrusted certificate with mSigner program! Maybe it will be useful for somebody.

Guest παναγιωτης

thank you for your great rom.i use the last one.

i have only a problem with music player.when i listen music and the screen goes off,the player is stop working until the screen goes on again...

thanks.

Guest Uss_Defiant
hi Gary, would you consider a Ultra lite rom of your next relase?

please :P

i'd really lieke this as well.. especially a 6.5.5 rom.

Another question... is there any prog for 6.5.5 that will sync contacts with facebook contacts (especially pics)?

Guest francis_fds

Hi Gary,

Would you be kind enough so as to look at releasing your lite rom, with windows version 23568 and JD6, the latest? Love your ROMS and would be really glad if you had something as such.

Thanks and regards,

Francis